Mouse wheel zoom stops working

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Bug Report Number:
I've had to relaunch my game multiple times today because of the mouse wheel zoom focus bug that happens where you can't wheel zoom anymore without relaunching the game. Usually it's a rare occurrence; not sure if today's patch made it happen more or just RNG bad luck causing it to happen a bunch but it's been excessive today. Anyone else notice an uptick in happening since the patch (or just the game hating me today)?

T.O.

This has been happening to a guildie the last week before the patch. Would have to log out and back in. They don't have a num pad on their keyboard either. Without changing keymapping there was no way to know what was up.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
It's been a bug for years and maybe someday it'll get fixed. But today, I've had it happen every 30 to 45 minutes; it's been so bad.

ACJ97F

That frequently happens when you Tab out of the game, since screen-swops can also cause the wheel to break.
Been an issue for years. Windows running in the background is famous for causing that, when it auto-refreshes.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
That frequently happens when you Tab out of the game, since screen-swops can also cause the wheel to break.
Been an issue for years. Windows running in the background is famous for causing that, when it auto-refreshes.
Tabbbing out can do it. But so can opening the store, or the LFM, or auction house, or anything in game where there's a scroll bar.

hanul

I've had to relaunch my game multiple times today because of the mouse wheel zoom focus bug that happens where you can't wheel zoom anymore without relaunching the game. Usually it's a rare occurrence; not sure if today's patch made it happen more or just RNG bad luck causing it to happen a bunch but it's been excessive today. Anyone else notice an uptick in happening since the patch (or just the game hating me today)?
It does happen specially when you use the lfm panel and the compendium. Normally after a few times the zoom wheel will get bugged.
I recommend changing keybindings and put the number 7 and 9 of the right number keypad as zoom in zoom out if you have a usb keyboard (think laptops don't have the right numbers and only in the upper)

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I didn't have any wheel zoom issues requiring relaunches yesterday; so it seems RNG just decided to hate to me on Thursday with it constantly bugging out (vs update 59.2 having made things worse). Still hope SSG someday finds a fix for it; very annoying bug when it happens.

hanul

I didn't have any wheel zoom issues requiring relaunches yesterday; so it seems RNG just decided to hate to me on Thursday with it constantly bugging out (vs update 59.2 having made things worse). Still hope SSG someday finds a fix for it; very annoying bug when it happens.
Do you tend to create lfms or always check the lfm panel and join other groups?

Because this "bug" or "feature" happens always when I use the lfm panel to create groups and check the compendium regularly to know which quests I still need to complete.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Do you tend to create lfms or always check the lfm panel and join other groups?

Because this "bug" or "feature" happens always when I use the lfm panel to create groups and check the compendium regularly to know which quests I still need to complete.
Since I finished HC and am back on live, it's less frequent. So all the LFMs probably up the odds of hitting the bug a bunch. But not a good look for a game when checking LFMs a bunch can result in having to reboot the client to fix zooming.

Last edited:

Pesh

ive never managed to get the exact steps to reproduce but i get this bug when im using the text box to search an ingredients/ augment bag

Dman1970

I just got it today for the first time, and I didn't do anything but check the vendor Lahar in the Twelve for a bit then had to afk a sec with the window open. I closed the window and was at max zoom out and wheel wouldn't change it. If this has been going on for so long, it should be fixed. A bug like this to be in game as long as this has seemed to be is just poor maintenance.

Ghlitch

Ghlitch
It happens when I use my mouse wheel to scroll through any type of popup window, but not every time.

My guess is the game keeps your scroll wheel assigned to a popup window rather than back to the main game window. Probably due to lag.