My suggestion & bug log

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
So, a lot of things were remedied with the last update to lords march, I'm still looking through the upgradable stuff and such. . .good job there.
I really wish there were a more in-depth road map so that I might not post about things which might already be planned or in the works.

Suggestions for future legendary:
Lower necropolis - might want to revise that rat maze dungeon first though
Korthos, and maybe add in a part for return to korthos where you play from the dragon hunting parties perspective as well? I just think that might be neat.
I don't fully know what all has been updated to legendary yet, so I'm not going to randomly spit out dungeons which may or may not have been updated yet, but I am betting a lot of the harbor stuff still needs it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Race suggestions:
Allow for tieflings to not have horns or tails in char creation, not all tieflings displayed such heritage or had giant bull horns. . .and allow for actual eyes not colored blobs
Fae-ri
Kobold (I'm sure I can't be the only one who still wants to play a kobold)
Fae (summer and winter courts)
Dhamphirs (they've been around since 2nd ed, could be a ravenloft expansion bit)
Avriels (sp?) (winged elves)
Satyr
Pixy
Bullywog
Gnoll
Now I realize that new races require a ton o f work, given armor and such, but I think they would be neat additions.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Expansions:
Mythdranor
Icewind dale
Baldurs gate and the sword coast
Lamordia (ravenloft, the adam quest line - it's kind of frankenstien-ish)
More ravenloft content - there is a whole host of stuff for ravenloft and areas which could be added
More faerun content, not just drow
Dragonlance - war of the lance is a great era for this - krynn content, after all we do wander through the planes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Improvements and such:

Bring back the toee crafting and drops

Ui scaling and lock able quick bars, swtor has a pretty good example of how to do this, check it out and see if it can be done with ddo in a future update.
Graphics glitches and texture flashing, this needs to be fixed. It's occurring in eveningstar, in the isle of dread dungeons, and so on. Maybe some issue with modern cards and old game rendering, I'm not sure, but textures will flash in and out depending on where you move. I keep setting on max.

Guild halls and character housing with buff or other options. Guilds could even make dungeons in their halls for other players to run, this has been done successfully with guild/player housing in the superhero mmos, swtor, and others. It's about time that there was a little upgrade/addition in this department. Yeah, I know it's a lot of work, but you could always add in trap packs, treasure packs, npc/monster packs, and so forth that people could buy in the shop to flesh out their player made dungeons as well as a leader board system for them. Besides, I bet some players could make some really neat stuff.

More bank space - seriously, this is needed. Every time content is added and updated there is more one wants or needs to hold onto for reincarnations, bumping base bank space up to 200 shouldn't be that much of an issue before the kundark quests.

Some dungeons seem to be set up on a trigger system (over in the isle of dread by most appearances) where the mobs will stay unhostile and not trigger, locking you from progressing, this needs to be fixed. No mob should ever be immortal and unhostile in a dungeon if it is meant to be killed to continue through the dungeon.

Add a platinum monthly dice roller with better rewards. Higher xp, maybe the chance at those +3/4 racial tomes, maybe otto's boxes on rolls of 100, and so forth. And don't put the bigby's hands in it, those things are so useless.

Do something about the pet and mounts that you can get on a lucky dice roll, I have like three or four nightmares now, all bound to account, and nothing to do with them since you can't keep adding them to your stable or trade them with other players. Maybe something like the cosmetic deal, shred them and turn the bits in for a different mount?

Add a Jack of all trades feat, this essentially allows you to put points into any skill as if it were a class trained skill, even open lock and disable device. Mind, it doesn't increase your point pool based on class, just allows for you to allocate your points any where with out the half bit or leave you class restricted on skills which shouldn't be. So, you probably won't ever be an amazing trapper as a wizard or fight, but at least you could do most normal content with out having to get a dumberling that doesn't work half the time or try to pug to get a bonus in regular dungeons.

The level 3 perma cleric from the catacombs pack? Ravenloft pack? Where ever it was from seems to have expired and vanished. . .please fix this. It's irritating for something to randomly expire and vanish that was never meant to. Especially when it was paid for.

Up to +5 racial and universal tomes - in the store. . .

Allow for epic levels to progress base classes if multi classed past their lock out at 20 if desired. Why this wasn't done initially is a bit beyond me. Mind, I think the epic system is neat, but it's pretty inaccurate for d&d.

Epic heart of blood/wood - when playing a base race and class and you reach 32, a heart that lets you get your racial and class when reincarnating, but not epic. Just me being lazy and wanting something to stream line reincarnation here.

Otto's boxes: Please, please, please. . .leave them in the store longer. For some reason I almost always miss them.

Allow for all past epic life toggles to be used at the same time.

Please adjust or fix the hireling ai - they are constantly blocked even when in front of a door or trap, or just stand there drooling on themselves.

Please fix the enemy ai, the constant running in circles around you is getting old and annoying. If they're going to attack me, then they should do that, not run in circles for twenty seconds and then maybe attack something. This is happening every where.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Class bits:

These can be extensions to current classed like the skin deal or hunter deal or how ever you'd like to work it, or even trees.
Oracle - yeah, I know it's more of a pathfinder thing, but I think it would be pretty neat for a cleric or favored soul option to be a debuffer.
Dread necromancer
Hex blade
Soul knife - though there is something that seems pretty similar with the shadow blade deal. But the imbue weapon with shadows has to constantly be reapplied every transition or rest. . .it would be nice if it could just be toggled on.
Arcane trickster
More clerical domains/gods/etc, to reflect the other planes - i.e. faerun deities, ravenloft deities, etc.
Ahhh. . .I'm sure others have some better ideas for class things. . .to be honest I think the current class bits are pretty good, but lacking in being able to level them all the way and lacking points for trees, not to mention the open lock and disable skills be locked to very specific classes - which shouldn't happen.

I'll add more over time, probably a lot of this will actually be checked/fixed in regards to issues as time passes. Looking forward to future updates!

Upvote 0

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
I will be keeping a record of every broken quest, tree, feat, class, enhancement tree, store item, etc. from now on for my own records. TO include past items purchased which randomly vanish. With dates, and times.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
Thunderholm is nice though, every room is a green to yellow da, I just love going through dungeons normally and getting debuffed while mobs are buffed.
By the way, the slow debuff doesn't always go away even after clearing mobs. Poor coding.
Even with unholy avatar neg energy spells are still healing shadows and undead enemies.
In one section the mobs began dropping random scrolls on death. No complaints there, just thought it was weird.
Thunderholm peaks raid: red alert every time mobs spawned - nearly constant red alert the whole raid. Complete slow debuff among other debuffs for entire party while mobs were buffed. (hard)
Getting a little more than irritated at paying for a game that's barely playable due to poor system design.

Last edited:

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
Great friday's at four last week!

Shame I missed it, would have liked to know if the character bank space issue is going to be resolved with the 'support' pack.
Lots of good info on the new destiny there though.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
So the new xp proposals. Lots of debate there.
How about getting rid of or lowering the rerun ransack penalties in addition to the proposed changes. Currently, if the wiki is right:
-----------------
"Quest Ransack, as introduced in Update 19, is a stacking penalty for repeatedly playing the same quest. You may play each difficulty level once per character, per incarnation without incurring Quest Ransack penalties. After that, each playthrough will add a 20% stacking penalty to base XP, up to a maximum of -80%. 18 hours after the most-recent completion the penalty is reduced by 50% (and again 18 hours after that). This 18 hour timer restarts each time you run a quest, so if you never leave a full 18 hour break between runs, you will always have some penalty.

As of Update 42 Patch 4, experience ransack for optional objectives never recovers (until reincarnation); read more here.
This seems to have been stealth-adjusted later; objectives now ransack and can stop awarding XP, but recover slowly over time (it may be that objective ransack resets whenever the servers are taken down.)
You can check your currently penalized quests by typing the /ransack command. If used while inside a quest, this command will also tell you which optional objectives were already completed in the last 18 hours, and their personal penalty."
-----------------

So why not change that bit as well, so that people can rerun dungeons with out some penalty? Not even sure why it's there in the first place, if some one wants to play through one dungeon 30 times, then let them instead of punishing them for it. Or at least adjust the numbers to something like 5% penalty each run through up to 50%, and cap it there? And get rid of ransack penalties on optionals all together, I mean, they're barely worth xp anyway at the moment, so I doubt it would hurt.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
Another thing which might improve performance in dungeons is setting up a spawn system based on waypoints, which activate and spawn x amount of creatures when the character gets within a certain distance. If some dungeons spawn everything at once it will cause more of a tax on system performance server side - not to mention the ai.
At which point, a tracker can be added tallying the monsters spawned and apply that number to a formula to calculate the xp bonus for ones killed.

X = number of monsters spawned in dungeon.
Y = number of monsters killed.
solve for % from total y equals, and apply that to what percentage you want for your tiered bonuses. This would allow for a base blanket system to ensure that each dungeon is capable of receiving the mob killing bonuses, unless there is a dungeon which has no monsters in it what so ever ( I wouldn't count the talking to the priest in catacombs).
The only issue then is to solve any disparities with larger ones, i.e. toee - but if the mobs only spawn when with in x distance, then any unspawned would not count towards the bonus, as they wouldn't exist.
I could write out an entire formula if needed. . .but the devs should be able to figure this out pretty easily.
Besides, I shouldn't need to give a long drawn out document of code for developers of an mmo who should be educated in c, c++, c#, java, anscii, and other programming languages.

Last edited:

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
I have a pretty urgent suggestion and request, though it's for the forums, not the game it self. Stop allowing phishing scams and cons to be posted on the ddo official forums!