My suggestion & bug log

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
So, a lot of things were remedied with the last update to lords march, I'm still looking through the upgradable stuff and such. . .good job there.
I really wish there were a more in-depth road map so that I might not post about things which might already be planned or in the works.

Suggestions for future legendary:
Lower necropolis - might want to revise that rat maze dungeon first though
Korthos, and maybe add in a part for return to korthos where you play from the dragon hunting parties perspective as well? I just think that might be neat.
I don't fully know what all has been updated to legendary yet, so I'm not going to randomly spit out dungeons which may or may not have been updated yet, but I am betting a lot of the harbor stuff still needs it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Race suggestions:
Allow for tieflings to not have horns or tails in char creation, not all tieflings displayed such heritage or had giant bull horns. . .and allow for actual eyes not colored blobs
Fae-ri
Kobold (I'm sure I can't be the only one who still wants to play a kobold)
Fae (summer and winter courts)
Dhamphirs (they've been around since 2nd ed, could be a ravenloft expansion bit)
Avriels (sp?) (winged elves)
Satyr
Pixy
Bullywog
Gnoll
Now I realize that new races require a ton o f work, given armor and such, but I think they would be neat additions.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Expansions:
Mythdranor
Icewind dale
Baldurs gate and the sword coast
Lamordia (ravenloft, the adam quest line - it's kind of frankenstien-ish)
More ravenloft content - there is a whole host of stuff for ravenloft and areas which could be added
More faerun content, not just drow
Dragonlance - war of the lance is a great era for this - krynn content, after all we do wander through the planes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Improvements and such:

Bring back the toee crafting and drops

Ui scaling and lock able quick bars, swtor has a pretty good example of how to do this, check it out and see if it can be done with ddo in a future update.
Graphics glitches and texture flashing, this needs to be fixed. It's occurring in eveningstar, in the isle of dread dungeons, and so on. Maybe some issue with modern cards and old game rendering, I'm not sure, but textures will flash in and out depending on where you move. I keep setting on max.

Guild halls and character housing with buff or other options. Guilds could even make dungeons in their halls for other players to run, this has been done successfully with guild/player housing in the superhero mmos, swtor, and others. It's about time that there was a little upgrade/addition in this department. Yeah, I know it's a lot of work, but you could always add in trap packs, treasure packs, npc/monster packs, and so forth that people could buy in the shop to flesh out their player made dungeons as well as a leader board system for them. Besides, I bet some players could make some really neat stuff.

More bank space - seriously, this is needed. Every time content is added and updated there is more one wants or needs to hold onto for reincarnations, bumping base bank space up to 200 shouldn't be that much of an issue before the kundark quests.

Some dungeons seem to be set up on a trigger system (over in the isle of dread by most appearances) where the mobs will stay unhostile and not trigger, locking you from progressing, this needs to be fixed. No mob should ever be immortal and unhostile in a dungeon if it is meant to be killed to continue through the dungeon.

Add a platinum monthly dice roller with better rewards. Higher xp, maybe the chance at those +3/4 racial tomes, maybe otto's boxes on rolls of 100, and so forth. And don't put the bigby's hands in it, those things are so useless.

Do something about the pet and mounts that you can get on a lucky dice roll, I have like three or four nightmares now, all bound to account, and nothing to do with them since you can't keep adding them to your stable or trade them with other players. Maybe something like the cosmetic deal, shred them and turn the bits in for a different mount?

Add a Jack of all trades feat, this essentially allows you to put points into any skill as if it were a class trained skill, even open lock and disable device. Mind, it doesn't increase your point pool based on class, just allows for you to allocate your points any where with out the half bit or leave you class restricted on skills which shouldn't be. So, you probably won't ever be an amazing trapper as a wizard or fight, but at least you could do most normal content with out having to get a dumberling that doesn't work half the time or try to pug to get a bonus in regular dungeons.

The level 3 perma cleric from the catacombs pack? Ravenloft pack? Where ever it was from seems to have expired and vanished. . .please fix this. It's irritating for something to randomly expire and vanish that was never meant to. Especially when it was paid for.

Up to +5 racial and universal tomes - in the store. . .

Allow for epic levels to progress base classes if multi classed past their lock out at 20 if desired. Why this wasn't done initially is a bit beyond me. Mind, I think the epic system is neat, but it's pretty inaccurate for d&d.

Epic heart of blood/wood - when playing a base race and class and you reach 32, a heart that lets you get your racial and class when reincarnating, but not epic. Just me being lazy and wanting something to stream line reincarnation here.

Otto's boxes: Please, please, please. . .leave them in the store longer. For some reason I almost always miss them.

Allow for all past epic life toggles to be used at the same time.

Please adjust or fix the hireling ai - they are constantly blocked even when in front of a door or trap, or just stand there drooling on themselves.

Please fix the enemy ai, the constant running in circles around you is getting old and annoying. If they're going to attack me, then they should do that, not run in circles for twenty seconds and then maybe attack something. This is happening every where.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Class bits:

These can be extensions to current classed like the skin deal or hunter deal or how ever you'd like to work it, or even trees.
Oracle - yeah, I know it's more of a pathfinder thing, but I think it would be pretty neat for a cleric or favored soul option to be a debuffer.
Dread necromancer
Hex blade
Soul knife - though there is something that seems pretty similar with the shadow blade deal. But the imbue weapon with shadows has to constantly be reapplied every transition or rest. . .it would be nice if it could just be toggled on.
Arcane trickster
More clerical domains/gods/etc, to reflect the other planes - i.e. faerun deities, ravenloft deities, etc.
Ahhh. . .I'm sure others have some better ideas for class things. . .to be honest I think the current class bits are pretty good, but lacking in being able to level them all the way and lacking points for trees, not to mention the open lock and disable skills be locked to very specific classes - which shouldn't happen.

I'll add more over time, probably a lot of this will actually be checked/fixed in regards to issues as time passes. Looking forward to future updates!

Upvote 0

Buddha5440

Add a Jack of all trades feat, this essentially allows you to put points into any skill as if it were a class trained skill, even open lock and disable device. Mind, it doesn't increase your point pool based on class, just allows for you to allocate your points any where with out the half bit or leave you class restricted on skills which shouldn't be. So, you probably won't ever be an amazing trapper as a wizard or fight, but at least you could do most normal content with out having to get a dumberling that doesn't work half the time or try to pug to get a bonus in regular dungeons.

NO, JUST NO.

A barbarian is not going to be able to play a lute just like a Paladin is not going to be able (not even considering the alignment issues with that action) to pick a lock on a chest. Classes have and NEED to have specific abilities. Otherwise this game becomes a simple min/max pick whatever you want and you'll be the best at everythkng after a few lives.

Yvonne Blacksword

Time for anti-paladins?

Add... +5 thieves tools are so old school. Let us make higher? Or let us use higher (+6-...) Vender (ahem)-able weapons to make tools... Some weapons are so ridiculous they need ti be destroyed to be useful.

Have a superduper lucky silver roll give a high gold roll?

Transfer a character with that mount token to another server?

I still get the halfling cleric on the two accounts every time hardcore rolls around, get my monthly store points on the sub renewal date on the accounts still VIP (till they run out) and could never use mass tele in public spaces (it is in the description).

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
NO, JUST NO.

A barbarian is not going to be able to play a lute just like a Paladin is not going to be able (not even considering the alignment issues with that action) to pick a lock on a chest. Classes have and NEED to have specific abilities. Otherwise this game becomes a simple min/max pick whatever you want and you'll be the best at everythkng after a few lives.
You obviously haven't played pnp, it's a standard feat in the phb.
That aside, the whole point of d&d is that you can be and build your character however you want, regardless of what anyone else thinks.

Last edited:

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
Please update the adventure compendium with accurate npc names, locations, and levels for quests.

On a side note, Knight's transformation seems to be having issues working with some meta magics, warlock aura, and such. Toggle on aura or enlarge and the knights trans will toggle off. Not sure if it's doing it with other toggles or meta's, if some one has other meta magics and the transformation they can test to see.

Last edited:

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
Please update the adventure compendium with accurate npc names, locations, and levels for quests.

On a side note, Knight's transformation seems to be having issues working with some meta magics, warlock aura, and such. Toggle on aura or enlarge and the knights trans will toggle off. Not sure if it's doing it with other toggles or meta's, if some one has other meta magics and the transformation they can test to see.
Can you provide an example where it is incorrect? I can't think of one of the top of my head.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
Can you provide an example where it is incorrect? I can't think of one of the top of my head.
one of the cannith raids has the wrong npc listed, several others have general areas listed such as market or harbor, but might be located in taverns, some may not even be in the area. I could compose a list, but I'm not being paid to do something the devs should be doing.
The ideal solution is for the dev team to have some one that goes through the game playing each quest and checking each listing and noting and correcting such discrepancies. I know they have a small team, but hiring someone on as a trouble shooter and making lists of issues would go a very long way for them.

Arimov

So, a lot of things were remedied with the last update to lords march, I'm still looking through the upgradable stuff and such. . .good job there.
I really wish there were a more in-depth road map so that I might not post about things which might already be planned or in the works.

Suggestions for future legendary:
Lower necropolis - might want to revise that rat maze dungeon first though
Korthos, and maybe add in a part for return to korthos where you play from the dragon hunting parties perspective as well? I just think that might be neat.
I don't fully know what all has been updated to legendary yet, so I'm not going to randomly spit out dungeons which may or may not have been updated yet, but I am betting a lot of the harbor stuff still needs it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Race suggestions:
Allow for tieflings to not have horns or tails in char creation, not all tieflings displayed such heritage or had giant bull horns. . .and allow for actual eyes not colored blobs
Fae-ri
Kobold (I'm sure I can't be the only one who still wants to play a kobold)
Fae (summer and winter courts)
Dhamphirs (they've been around since 2nd ed, could be a ravenloft expansion bit)
Avriels (sp?) (winged elves)
Satyr
Pixy
Bullywog
Gnoll
Now I realize that new races require a ton o f work, given armor and such, but I think they would be neat additions.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Expansions:
Mythdranor
Icewind dale
Baldurs gate and the sword coast
Lamordia (ravenloft, the adam quest line - it's kind of frankenstien-ish)
More ravenloft content - there is a whole host of stuff for ravenloft and areas which could be added
More faerun content, not just drow
Dragonlance - war of the lance is a great era for this - krynn content, after all we do wander through the planes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Improvements and such:

Bring back the toee crafting and drops

Ui scaling and lock able quick bars, swtor has a pretty good example of how to do this, check it out and see if it can be done with ddo in a future update.
Graphics glitches and texture flashing, this needs to be fixed. It's occurring in eveningstar, in the isle of dread dungeons, and so on. Maybe some issue with modern cards and old game rendering, I'm not sure, but textures will flash in and out depending on where you move. I keep setting on max.

Guild halls and character housing with buff or other options. Guilds could even make dungeons in their halls for other players to run, this has been done successfully with guild/player housing in the superhero mmos, swtor, and others. It's about time that there was a little upgrade/addition in this department. Yeah, I know it's a lot of work, but you could always add in trap packs, treasure packs, npc/monster packs, and so forth that people could buy in the shop to flesh out their player made dungeons as well as a leader board system for them. Besides, I bet some players could make some really neat stuff.

More bank space - seriously, this is needed. Every time content is added and updated there is more one wants or needs to hold onto for reincarnations, bumping base bank space up to 200 shouldn't be that much of an issue before the kundark quests.

Some dungeons seem to be set up on a trigger system (over in the isle of dread by most appearances) where the mobs will stay unhostile and not trigger, locking you from progressing, this needs to be fixed. No mob should ever be immortal and unhostile in a dungeon if it is meant to be killed to continue through the dungeon.

Add a platinum monthly dice roller with better rewards. Higher xp, maybe the chance at those +3/4 racial tomes, maybe otto's boxes on rolls of 100, and so forth. And don't put the bigby's hands in it, those things are so useless.

Do something about the pet and mounts that you can get on a lucky dice roll, I have like three or four nightmares now, all bound to account, and nothing to do with them since you can't keep adding them to your stable or trade them with other players. Maybe something like the cosmetic deal, shred them and turn the bits in for a different mount?

The level 3 perma cleric from the catacombs pack? Ravenloft pack? Where ever it was from seems to have expired and vanished. . .please fix this. It's irritating for something to randomly expire and vanish that was never meant to. Especially when it was paid for.

Up to +5 racial and universal tomes - in the store. . .

Allow for epic levels to progress base classes if multi classed past their lock out at 20 if desired. Why this wasn't done initially is a bit beyond me. Mind, I think the epic system is neat, but it's pretty inaccurate for d&d.

Epic heart of blood/wood - when playing a base race and class and you reach 32, a heart that lets you get your racial and class when reincarnating, but not epic. Just me being lazy and wanting something to stream line reincarnation here.

Otto's boxes: Please, please, please. . .leave them in the store longer. For some reason I almost always miss them.

Allow for all past epic life toggles to be used at the same time.

Please adjust or fix the hireling ai - they are constantly blocked even when in front of a door or trap, or just stand there drooling on themselves.

Please fix the enemy ai, the constant running in circles around you is getting old and annoying. If they're going to attack me, then they should do that, not run in circles for twenty seconds and then maybe attack something. This is happening every where.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Class bits:

These can be extensions to current classed like the skin deal or hunter deal or how ever you'd like to work it, or even trees.
Oracle - yeah, I know it's more of a pathfinder thing, but I think it would be pretty neat for a cleric or favored soul option to be a debuffer.
Dread necromancer
Hex blade
Soul knife - though there is something that seems pretty similar with the shadow blade deal. But the imbue weapon with shadows has to constantly be reapplied every transition or rest. . .it would be nice if it could just be toggled on.
Arcane trickster
More clerical domains/gods/etc, to reflect the other planes - i.e. faerun deities, ravenloft deities, etc.
Ahhh. . .I'm sure others have some better ideas for class things. . .to be honest I think the current class bits are pretty good, but lacking in being able to level them all the way and lacking points for trees, not to mention the open lock and disable skills be locked to very specific classes - which shouldn't happen.

I'll add more over time, probably a lot of this will actually be checked/fixed in regards to issues as time passes. Looking forward to future updates!
Because of the effect on a toon, I would limit the number of races and classes that are released at any one time. This is becaues people will lose their +2. Now, they really should change that to: "Once achieved, always available". If they are to release a lot of new stuff, from my perspective, I think they should limit it to one class and one race per release, and possibly one iconic. One thing they might consider, because it does not have an effect on the +2, is adding an iconic for every race.

Last edited:

Arimov

This appears to be an AI improvement that SSG threw in. While it makes the AI more intelligent, it is a bit of peeve because now all enemy NPCs seek to get a rear attack. It is tiresome, and not the least bit realistic. I find myself jumping backward even more now due to this. The backward jump is a tactic, but this forced rear assault is a bit much.

Arimov

More expansion packs (more DLC) means more named items. More named items means the need for more bank space. For me, I need slots for, at least, every two levels, up to 30 (or, maybe, just 28). That means I need a lot of slots for the toon at every two levels. Some gear scales up, and some is OP at level, so they can be used beyond their initial gear level. I found the new drow armour from "Search and Resue" to be quite useful up to level 20, and beyond. For some level 20 armours, I cannot see a reason to switch to them from the Drow armour. Also, of course, the dragon armours have been useful for years.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
Here's an idea, just spit balling here mind.
A new enhancement tree for universal that focuses on hirelings and buffing them/pets and even offers a summon or two. I really like the summons offered in the eclipse as an example. The tree could feature a pet and a summon and then specifically be for buffing them up.
Not sure how many people would use it, but I'd give it a go if it were done well. And for the pet, give some options for appearance sake, i.e. large cat, wolf, mechanical, or such - and allow for armor and weapon slotting.
This way the pet or what not would go off your total level rather than class.
Just throwing it out there as an idea.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
An item I'd like to see in game:

Base cloak: (something plain like this is perfectly fine for appearances)
51A7knOr0YL._AC_UX679_.jpg

Epic: Level 24
Competence Elemental Resistance - 5
Ax/spear/ or hammer block VI
Random gem augment slot (red/blue/green/orange/clear/yellow)

Legendary: Level 32
Competence Elemental Resistance - 10
Ax/Spear/ or hammer block X
2 random gem augment slots

Name: The Silken shield

For an odd caveat - make it so that the hair dye bits can change it's base color. It should be possible, and would open up a whole new cosmetic sales line if done on more items. Just throwing it out there.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
So, according to business sources, there is only one qa tester. I won't bring up names, since is it rude, but my question is why isn't said tester doing their job and finding all of the bugs, reporting them for fixes, and ensuring a better experience for the whole community?
A qa tester should be playing the game, 8 -10 hours a day, going through reincarnations, testing difficulties on every sort of setting, reporting back graphics bugs, broken descriptions, horrid rng drops, etc. That's the job isn't it? So why exactly isn't that happening and players have to find and report things that it's some one's job to do?
Correction, there are two, a senior and the basic qa tester.

Arimov

So, according to business sources, there is only one qa tester. I won't bring up names, since is it rude, but my question is why isn't said tester doing their job and finding all of the bugs, reporting them for fixes, and ensuring a better experience for the whole community?
A qa tester should be playing the game, 8 -10 hours a day, going through reincarnations, testing difficulties on every sort of setting, reporting back graphics bugs, broken descriptions, horrid rng drops, etc. That's the job isn't it? So why exactly isn't that happening and players have to find and report things that it's some one's job to do?
Correction, there are two, a senior and the basic qa tester.
I agree with you for the most part, but that is a lot of hours.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
I agree with you for the most part, but that is a lot of hours.
Yeah, bug checking a game is very time intensive. But if you have the insider scoop so to speak, you should have a better idea what to look for when you're going through the game.
I know when I designed and put together my own world on nwn back in the day, designing a full crafting system, custom familiars, custom spells, weapons, npcs, quests, etc. - many many hours were spent going through and testing everything more than once to make sure I didn't oops in a line of code or that there was some unforeseen bug before I pushed out an update to my server. And I always gave clear and honest notes on what I changed and why to my players so that they weren't left wondering what happened with the new update.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
Ran through the underdark stuff again recently, and I thought to myself, 'why isn't that end drow high priestess outfit in the store yet?' How about that gets added (with a bit more color of course) as a cosmetic to the game?
Nothing wrong with slooty or smexy outfits for people, and to be honest they'd probably sell better than the bull armor. . .just saying.

On a side note.
I got the 'timid' sentient gem a few weeks back and immediately trashed it less than eight hours into using it. A.) it's not timid. B.) it's some annoying male voice set that doesn't match it's basic title in any way, shape, or form. I was kind of hoping for a cute timid female voice, maybe anime ish or something, and got some dry gag worth voice set instead. I hate to be the critic on this, since most of the sentient gems I've come across are amazing, but that timid one really really needs to be redone. It's pretty horrible - which is why it makes sense that it's the only one you can trade the vistani for. Put the worst one in the trader in game seems to be a usual technique.

Last edited:

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
I just want to put this out there, incase a dev actually reads through my junk here. I am overly hyper critical of some things, but I honestly believe this game has come a long way since it began. I wouldn't be playing it if I didn't enjoy it, let alone spending a bunch of money on it.
My critiques or complaints come from both a player's and designers perspective, as well as experience with pnp, and my coarseness comes from my time in the military and war time deployments. So, don't be disheartened and have that grain of salt neat by. . .or even the whole shaker. You guys do a pretty amazing job for such a small team.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
So, after maintenance today the meta magics working with the knight deal from eldritch knight are still broken.
However, hirelings timer, since this game's creation, now work, causing the hireling to vanish immediately when it's time is up. So, if you're in the middle of a quest and using a platinum hireling and the timer runs out, you now have to go to the ddo store and spend money on a new one, which still only lasts an hour.
Guess that's one of the 'store improvements' they've been working on.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
Been noticing several spam/scam posts in hindi on the forums lately, Cordovan might need some back up with managing.
So, careful everyone when it comes to something odd posted with links.