Need Help How to Complete Sealed in Amber Draw Strahd's Attention optional

Ddealti

The old forum links are broken and Google can't find me the answer, so I hope someone here knows.

I just re-ran the quest and clicked on every amber coffin I could find, and re-clicked on all of them. I got up to 85 but can't find the last 15.
Help?!?!

Thanks

Ellisaria

It sounds like you might have missed some then. There are times I swear I have touched every one in there...only to find that I missed one. I get so lost in there 😅

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
There's an off shoot hall up top that is usually missed that has three, I usually miss it if not paying attention.
I think the litch can factor in too, if you restore him and kill him.

RangerOne

I do not remember if the lich is a factor but I do know that you can complete it without him. Given that you hit 85 it appears there is one more room to find, which would probably require all the passwords. I usually miss the model castle room which can be frustrating when the icon is in there.

Dragavon

The old forum links are broken and Google can't find me the answer, so I hope someone here knows.

I just re-ran the quest and clicked on every amber coffin I could find, and re-clicked on all of them. I got up to 85 but can't find the last 15.
Help?!?!

Thanks
You have missed 3 of them ;)

Ddealti

I looked over the Map and didn't see that I had missed any rooms, but I will re-run and re-check. My question came from the wiki that mentions that there aren't 100 of them, and you had to re-touch them, or something, it isn't really clear. So I didn't know if I just wasn't touching them, repeatedly, enough.

When I did a google search, and clicked on the DDO forum results, they all returned "Page not Available", so I am not sure what to make of that.

Buddha5440

Secret door in the end room north leads to 3 more, 1 of which is required for "Find the vestige of Zhudun for Kasimir." optional.

Could also be that you missed the ones below the fall-out floor in the upper level East side.

Buddha5440

I looked over the Map and didn't see that I had missed any rooms, but I will re-run and re-check. My question came from the wiki that mentions that there aren't 100 of them, and you had to re-touch them, or something, it isn't really clear. So I didn't know if I just wasn't touching them, repeatedly, enough.

When I did a google search, and clicked on the DDO forum results, they all returned "Page not Available", so I am not sure what to make of that.
All old forum post URL's are no longer valid... You nee to add '-old' (without the ') after 'forums' in the URL.

Ddealti

Secret door in the end room north leads to 3 more, 1 of which is required for "Find the vestige of Zhudun for Kasimir." optional.

Could also be that you missed the ones below the fall-out floor in the upper level East side.
I avoided the collapsed floor. I didn't realize there was anything down there. That is probably what I am missing. Great tip!

Ddealti

OK, I have the solution and a walk through. Thanks for everyone's input.

So, the direct question's answer is: Each Amber coffin is worth 5 points. You have to take the buff, to get the points. Most of the doors on the east and west wings of the lower level contain rooms with 3 coffins.

Upstairs on the east side, past the Flesh Golem?, is a door to a room with another Flesh Golem. BTW one of your secret words might be here. Down a ramp, beyond a door are 3 more Amber coffins. All of these, plus the 2 upstairs, behind the bookcase, give you the 100. The 3rd in this room (the center one) provides the optional.

If you are farming gear, the Attention optional will give you a chest with named items. BEWARE, this is also tied to the Sister optional. The sister optional leads to an end fight with a bunch of Strahd minions. You have to KILL them ALL, or the Attention chest will not open. And if you don't kill them quickly they will dimension door away and you won't be able to complete the optional.

So, to recap. You have to do the brother and sister optional to get the primary named loot end chest. If you hit all of the amber coffins and kill all of the end fight minions, before they dimension door away, you get a second chest with named loot.

Ok, now for something of a walk through. If you want a super detailed version, ddowiki has a good one. This is quick and dirty.

I don't see any point in zerging this quest. If you are chasing XP you want to do the optionals. If you are farming the named items, then you might as well do the optionals to get the 2nd end chest with named items.

If you do want to zerg the end chest, the fastest way to do this quest is to Get the Mrak scroll, then jump across the broken floor on the West side of the upper level, through a couple of doors and some monsters, you will find the Lich. Fix his memory and he will give you the Maverus phrase. Go through the next door and you will end up in the Library. Talk to Madame Eva and she will tell you where the Orb is. Go find it and you are done. But there is no end chest. If you go past the library, in the next room is the secret door to the Ember Coffin, which triggers the main end chest sequence. But that only gets you one of the two named end chests.

So to semi walk through that. Talk to the brother and get Yantar. Then go out the main door and jump off the ledge. On the ground floor, turn around and go through the open doorway. Just before the door are flaming skulls. Go through the door and down the ramps. The Mrak scroll may be in either of the end rooms. If it isn't there go back up to the ground floor and go west at the giant statue. Go to the west hallway, turn left and then right and go through the teleporters. Again there are a couple of flaming skulls here. Once through the teleporter and go into the hallway. Of course there are a couple of skulls here. Scroll may be on podium. If it isn't in any of those 3 spots, go through one of the doors which will lead to a room with healing statues, and a couple of specters. Go out the door. You need to collapse the floor. Go back down stairs and go through to the East hallway and head Northeast. The Northeast most room has specters and a secret door. The teleporter in the next room can take you to the Scroll.

Once you get the scroll then go back to the center of the bottom floor and back to the teleporter on the west side and use that to get back up to the collapsed floor. Jump across the gap to the doorway. Go through it and fight your way to the Lich. Use a hireling or a scroll, if needed, to cast lesser restore. The Lich will give you the Maverus password. Go through the door and talk to Eva. She will tell you where the Item is. If the clue is "not in the castle" you need to complete the sister optional to get to it. If it is in a treasure room you can get to one via the secret door in the room with the chest, and you can get to the other one by jumping on the floor, where you heard the coin roll. Floor will collapse into spikes and the other treasure room. There are too many options for here. Refer to the Wiki for all of the options. Once you can grab it, the quest is done. If you want the end chest, you go into the room behind the Library and you will find a secret door, next to the chest. The center amber coffin will trigger the sister optional. Follow him through the dimension door and back. Give the sister the password. Wait through animation. A bunch of enemy will spawn. Kill them and your can open the chest.

If you want to run the full quest, you start out talking to the brother and you read the scroll to get Yantar. If you go to the west, there is a passage to a room full of villains, if you want to clear them first. BTW, at some point a Red Named Werewolf will start running around. Regardless of where you kill him, his chest will show up in this room. You can also get to this room through other doors if you just use the main entrance.

Going through the main entrance is the landing for this level and it is a world of AoE spell traps being thrown by the center tower. They cover this landing and both stairways. If you want to turn them off, you go down to the bottom floor, and behind the big tower are doors. Through them is another set of doors. HOWEVER, you want to use the ladder up. A second ladder up takes you to a doorway. Beyond this doorway is a teleporter that takes you to a room with a Red Named baddie. After you kill him, you will find a set of levers. the center one, opposite the teleporter, and the ones on each side turn off the tower's traps. HOWEVER, you may want to hit the one to the left of the teleporter (if you are facing it), first, to allow the teleporters to send you to the top of the tower, where there are 2 chests with no named loot, but that is disabled after the trap switches are thrown. So you may want to pursue that before you disable the traps.

Let me mention now, the biggest PITA of this quest, and that is the floating skeleton head. It is everywhere and also spawns. You have to have a shield spell or wand, along with your Fire buffs because their Magic Missile and Scorching Ray, just eat you up.

Back to the main entrance landing. Assuming you just walked in, you can start by just jumping off the ledge, straight down. There you will find doors that lead to ramps down. Down here in one of the two end rooms. you will find the Mraz password. Break open the Sarcophigi only if you want max kills.

You will probably find the Maverus and Etherna scrolls while you are hitting all of the Amber coffins.

There are many places the Maverus and Etherna scroll can be found. The most remote is on the bottom level, on the north east side. You will find an empty room that spawns specters. On the far wall is a secret door that leads to a teleporter. The room you teleport into has a secret door that leads to a room full of monsters. The scroll can be in here. This room also has a swirling teleporter, which if you threw the 1st lever in the lever room, will now lead you to the tower top with 2 chests.

So now that you have the all of the passwords, I prefer to end the quest through the Treasure rooms. On each side of the bottom main room are doors. The one to the West has lots of gold, a chest, and maybe the Orb of Radiance. The one on the East has the same, but also has a secret door which leads up to the Library and the final battle.

If you do have the Orb waiting to talk to Madame Eva
Go up and talk to Mistress Eva, if you don't have the Orb by now, and she will tell you where it is. It may be back in the Slaad room that you have to teleport to. Or, it might be with the sister during this optional that sure seems necessary.

So, you have gone through the treasure room, up to the study and library, and found the secret door with the final three amber coffins. Two are just like the others, the center one triggers the final optional sequence. Follow the brother through the dimension door and back with the sister. Tell her the Maverus password and go make some tea. When you come back, hopefully the whole animation sequence will be done. When Strahd finishes speaking a bunch of bad guys will spawn here, and in the library. If you are going for the second chest, you have to kill them all quickly, or they will eventually dimension door away.

I usually wait to talk to Madame Eva, after I get all the loot, since that will Finish the quest.

I hope this helps someone.

Last edited: