Need Some Help w/ Voice Chat

Florak

Appealing to all on Sarlona - having issues with my voice chat. I can hear party members, but they cannot hear me. Makes it a LOT hard to run raids!
Mic is NOT muted, have hands free voice enabled.
The rest of the voice settings are:
Volume: 1.00
Group: .75
Mic Gain: 1.00
Capture Threshold 0.30
Playback Latency: 250.0ms

Device settings agree with headset.

ANY suggestions would be immensely helpful!!

Thanks in advance
Aqueousq (drop me a tell when online and maybe walk me through???)

yobsoggoth

More information is helpful.
What operating system?
What version of the client (32/64-bit)?
What model of headset?
How does headset connect (BT, USB, RF, Audio Jack)?

Most OSs have a method to test the microphone outside of any game - does that work?
DDO has a mic test, does that work?

Is your Main Menu - Options - Audio - Voice Capture Device set correctly?

Florak

Operating System - Both Machines have same issue
Machine 1: WIn 10
Machine 2:: Win 11
Client: 64bit
Model of Headset: USB - Sades Model SA-902
I've also tried a Samsung BT-S9

Ensured that mic works in straight windows mode.

Nimvind

Dirgesinger Bard of Sarlona
Have you tried Push to Talk. Also make sure in your System Sounds options that other mics are not active, I'd just disable any other undesirable mics except the one you want to use. Then restart the game and check all your audio options in game. Also check your Sounds menu devices and mixer and see if you assigned a specific mic through sounds some how.

Gimp-1

I pretty much dont use any in game voice as the quality is 2006ish. Ive switched to almost 100% discord except the occasional in game voice where i tell them to get on discord and drop the server link. Quality is much better and doesnt crash when the game client does. Now that Discord has the soundboard running its entirely out of hand :)

Florak

Thanks all for the assistance. Still doesn't work for me, so I've figured out workaround. As always, Sarlona people are the best for offering help!!
Take care!

Kiany

I have my own problem with my sound ever since getting a new pc. My voice chat is extremely quiet. I have to turn everything else way down to like .5 in order to even hear the voice chat coming through and even then I can't make out any words my party is saying. I have my voice chat and master volume all the way up. My speakers are turned on and all the way up. The sound on the pc is turned all the way to 100 percent. Also, I now know there is a slide bar on each individual person in the party, and unfortunately that is all turned to max as well. (I was really hoping that was it). Either way, I'm not sure what else I can try besides getting new speakers. I don't remember ever having this problem gaming on my laptop though... any suggestions?

Florak

I have my own problem with my sound ever since getting a new pc. My voice chat is extremely quiet. I have to turn everything else way down to like .5 in order to even hear the voice chat coming through and even then I can't make out any words my party is saying. I have my voice chat and master volume all the way up. My speakers are turned on and all the way up. The sound on the pc is turned all the way to 100 percent. Also, I now know there is a slide bar on each individual person in the party, and unfortunately that is all turned to max as well. (I was really hoping that was it). Either way, I'm not sure what else I can try besides getting new speakers. I don't remember ever having this problem gaming on my laptop though... any suggestions?
I gave up trying to get the chat going in the game and have gone with Discord. As usually only group with friends and have never run a raid, I'm good with this.

Kiany

I gave up trying to get the chat going in the game and have gone with Discord. As usually only group with friends and have never run a raid, I'm good with this.
It's really unfortunate but I can't find any help on this. Especially for hardcore, it would be very nice to be able to hear my party when they are talking. Only a couple people I have been able to hear but most of the parties have been so quiet I can't understand anything they are saying. I understand what you're saying about discord but when I'm running with pugs that's not always feasible

Gimp-1

Have you tried right clicking on Discord and selecting "run as administrator". I had to do this for a while and now i dont. Cant explain *** windows is thinknig there...but worked.

Also try both the web page interface and the actual client. Hope it helps.

florela41

Appealing to all on Sarlona - having issues with my voice chat. I can hear party members, but they cannot hear me. Makes it a LOT hard to run raids!
Mic is NOT muted, have hands free voice enabled.
The rest of the voice settings are:
Volume: 1.00
Group: .75
Mic Gain: 1.00
Capture Threshold 0.30
Playback Latency: 250.0ms

Device settings agree with headset.

ANY suggestions would be immensely helpful!!

Thanks in advance
Aqueousq (drop me a tell when online and maybe walk me through???)
Late chime in. Had same issue. Went to microphone on pc. There my allow access wasn’t on. Now I’m good 🙂