Otto's Box on Hardcore

LuxProcedens

I just purchased the Ultimate Fan Edition of IoD and was curious if it was worth signing into hardcore first to get the boxes on hardcore, and easy way to get the hoard pcs, and reach lvl 20.

Will I even be granted the ottos box on hardcore, and would it even work? Should I just put the boxes on my main?

LuxProcedens

I believe you cannot claim unique per account items on the hardcore server. However - you could buy one if available in store.
I've looked around for info on account items, but i havent found anything.

I swear i didnt buy it just for hardcore lol, but as soon as i bought it i had the thought

MysticDragon___Littlemama

Since 2007 "We're supposed to know stuff??"
I don't think it will work, not sure... have not heard of anyone trying an otto box there..
I would not risk the loss of using it on hardcore.
When we roll an iconic toon, it stays at level one and cannot use it's extra xp when created.
May be a waste?

Sympl

I don't think it will work, not sure... have not heard of anyone trying an otto box there..
I would not risk the loss of using it on hardcore.
When we roll an iconic toon, it stays at level one and cannot use it's extra xp when created.
May be a waste?
I know I saw someone with a colored gelatinous cube pet in HC recently.....so I'm thinking Otto's box. But what do I know? Maybe they just got a lucky dice roll?

I wouldn't want to risk the financial loss of wasting an xp stone if it doesn't work.....but some people don't care about that kind of loss so I bet it's been attempted.

I can't vouch for the validity of using one on hardcore, but I can imagine the usefulness of getting into Epics automatically. The ETR grind isn't that hard/dangerous if you do it right and you could stack on a 3x primal healing stance before TRing into your second life to actually run favor. So conceptually......

DilemmaEnder

Thelanis Player
Saw this post and so I went to the Harbor and talked to the IoD vendor. He tells you that you can not be granted that particular reward on the Hardcore Server.

WargamerIV

I know I saw someone with a colored gelatinous cube pet in HC recently.....so I'm thinking Otto's box. But what do I know? Maybe they just got a lucky dice roll?
The Yellow cube is from is/was available from several giveaways and once you have it, you always get it on new servers.

Many one/server items are not available on HC (I don't know about the Otto's box) as well as some 1/toon items including Saltmarsh loot upgreade (although you can (or at least used to be able) get it after you transfer.