Permanent reaper slow effect

Bug Report Number:
Just started a new life using inquisitive dual xbow and noticed how painfully slow the attack rate became after some questing. Did some testing after some suspicions I had with reapers themselves. I let a lone carnage reaper hit me and the slow touch was permanent and could only be fixed by relogging. The slow aura had a similar outcome.
This is a gamebreaking bug, and cant seem to find much info about it. Lvl 7 drow 5/1/1 alchemist rogue cleric if that matters.

ForeverZero

Just started a new life using inquisitive dual xbow and noticed how painfully slow the attack rate became after some questing. Did some testing after some suspicions I had with reapers themselves. I let a lone carnage reaper hit me and the slow touch was permanent and could only be fixed by relogging. The slow aura had a similar outcome.
This is a gamebreaking bug, and cant seem to find much info about it. Lvl 7 drow 5/1/1 alchemist rogue cleric if that matters.
This is typically a bug in general yeah. Same applies with like lava, youll step in and itll just oopsie and think youre still in lava. Even if you arent. Havent seen or heard talk lately of it. Probably just an unlucky rng moment

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
I had a quick test of this, but tried it against a Famine (not a Carnage Reaper) that has a known Slow effect and could not replicate this issue (On a dual wielding Inquisitive).

Are you absolutely certain it was a Carnage Reaper? (Currently trying to get one to spawn to confirm/eliminate but it's giving me everything else instead at the moment)

J1NG

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Aha! Finally managed to get a Carnage to spawn, and I can confirm that they DO have the Famine Reapers slow effect on hit, but I am unsure why that is the case as I don't believe they had that ability "before". (Unsure, as often they are CC'd before I reach them or killed quickly before they can act again)

The thing I can't get to replicate however, is the slow effect to remain permanent under normal circumstances, so I believe @ForeverZero may be correct and that when the debuff was "supposed to" have removed itself when it reached zero on the timer, but you ran into a lag moment in game that basically your game client "missed" the call to remove the effect, and thus you had it stuck there (as the timer had already run out and it was sitting there waiting for the call to remove the effect, but was missed and was never going to get another one as it was already sent, just your game client missed it).

So I would say it should be safe to suggest that this is not a long standing issue that's easily replicatable and probably more along the lines of "one off" instances (or close enough to "one off" instances).

J1NG

eshadowbringer

Aha! Finally managed to get a Carnage to spawn, and I can confirm that they DO have the Famine Reapers slow effect on hit
The amount of time you take to test and confirm or reject rather than just assume is impressive to me! Just wanted to say thank you!