Question: If i am LVL20 can i enter LVL18 quests ?

Merovinjio

I need to complete the 1750 favor points reward .. i am at lvl19 ready to level up to lvl20, but i fear that if i do that
i cannot do more heroic levels quests.

Is it possible to do heroic quests once i am (epic) lvl20 toon ?

Buddha5440

Yes...In fact, many people stay away from tough quests, or quests they just don't like, until they get to higher levels. You won't get XP for quests that are too low of a lv but @20 you will still get xp for lv 18 quests with no xp penalty (starts at 2 lvs above the current quest (at -10% up to 0% at 7lvs above)). This depends on what difficulty you enter the quest on (ie. ML 18 on normal is min lv 20 on elite). Regardless of the lv difference, you will get full favor rewarded for the lv you complete it on.

One thing to remember (unless it has been fixed), if you run a heroic/epic quest for the first time on Epic it will only count your highest epic lv completion for favor. So, if you run a quest on EN and then again on HE you only get favor for Normal completion.

This page explains it further...Experience point 2.1.12. Just scroll down to part 2.1.12. :)

You just have to make sure you select the Heroic option instead of the Epic (which will be the default) on the quest entry window.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Buddha5440

The answer is a general no, you will be locked out of all the level 18 and 19 quests!
Not true.

You cannot enter Epic quests until lv 20 but you can enter any Heroic quest at any lv, depending on whatever the ML requirement for the quest is...Ie. you can't enter Gianthold quests until at least lv 10 but you can run Korthos quests (ML 1) at lv 20 and can't run any Epic quests until you hit lv 20.

Upvote 0

Zaszgul

Should explicitly state this is a Hardcore server question, a lot of people get here from "New Posts" and won't notice otherwise.

(and, I can't say for certain cuz I'm not that interested in HC)

Upvote 0

Xgya

Not true.

You cannot enter Epic quests until lv 20 but you can enter any Heroic quest at any lv, depending on whatever the ML requirement for the quest is...Ie. you can't enter Gianthold quests until at least lv 10 but you can run Korthos quests (ML 1) at lv 20 and can't run any Epic quests until you hit lv 20.
You mean there isn't a level lockout this Hardcore season?
I hadn't checked, but assumed that became standard...

Upvote 0

Buddha5440

My bad... Forgot this was in the Hardcore forum ...*sheepish grin*

Thanks for pointing that out Zaszgul...That is exactly how I saw this post :)

Everything I said above does apply for the regular Live servers though..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rabidfox

The People's Champion
LEmqX78.jpg

Upvote 0

The Narc

Not true.

Actually true because the person asking the question is asking about the hardcore server!!

Upvote 0

Buddha5440

My bad... Forgot this was in the Hardcore forum ...*sheepish grin*

Thanks for pointing that out Zaszgul...That is exactly how I saw this post :)

Everything I said above does apply for the regular Live servers though..
I realized that and posted that correction. I was simply looking at new posts and forgot to check the forum category.

Thanks all the same :)

Upvote 0

C-Dog

I realized that and posted that correction.
A better "correction" might be to edit the confusing post, either changing the original post to a correct statement or just adding a note/link at the bottom highlighting the correction.

So people don't read an entire thread once what looks like a definitive, confident answer is posted. (Their mistake, but it happens.) <shrug>

Upvote 0