re: crafting a sword (3 slots)

Scrag

I have a blank with 2 augment slots, one purple, one red.

I want to make a +insightful assassinate, +assassinate, +good effect damage (I think this makes it good aligned + damage dice?)

What I see is:

insightful assassinate is third slot (cannith mark)
assassinate is second slot
good damage is first slot

I would like this to be level 18 (min level 18 shard?), but should I make this level 20? Augments stop at 18 before going to epic, and I want to use the sword now, not later. I have murderous gloves of assassinate that have been doing me fine up till now, but I need gloves for sets now. :/

Is there a Xw improvement at 20, instead of 18? I want to maximize the number of weapon dice, and it seems like 20 at 2w is the best I can get until 24 which is 3w. 24 is too long to wait however for the assassinate bonuses.

Is this a good way to go? I have a second weapon, red + orage, and an extra mark of cannith. When should I update that weapon as well to insightful + assassinate, and by mid 20s, what should my prefix be?

Thanks!

Buddha5440

Weapon dice go from 1.5[W] to 2[W] @ 20 and effect (good in your case) goes from 4d6 to 5d6 @ 21. Assassinate goes from +4 to +5 @ 21 and Ins. Assassinate goes from +1 to +2 @ 21.

Also, unless you want the Good for DR reasons, I would recommend light or force, as they have the fewest mobs resistant/immune to them.

By mid (25) 20's you will have +7 Enhancement, 3[W], +5 Ass, +2 Ins. Ass., and +5d6 Good damage.

I've found that CC weapons are best at Lvs 1,4,10, 15/16(with lv 16 augments),21(with lv 20 augments),24,28. YMMV.

This wiki page will give you all the breakdowns...CC values by level

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:

saekee

long live ROGUE
Is this a sword because you are using the falconry tree for melee? Because if you are an assassin, you should be using daggers.

Another option to consider: the good damage is 4d6 at level 20 which is irrelevant; you are doing it to bypass DR. So will augment elemental damage be with those other two augment slots. Consider doing this: Metalline of assassinate and insightful assassinate, augments: Good, devotion (if you are missing devotion) or stunning bonuses (if you are using some monk tree).

Scrag

Is this a sword because you are using the falconry tree for melee? Because if you are an assassin, you should be using daggers.

Another option to consider: the good damage is 4d6 at level 20 which is irrelevant; you are doing it to bypass DR. So will augment elemental damage be with those other two augment slots. Consider doing this: Metalline of assassinate and insightful assassinate, augments: Good, devotion (if you are missing devotion) or stunning bonuses (if you are using some monk tree).
Longsword for dh w/ falconry and knights training. I also have a scimitar, but the crit multi w/ core 6 dh favors longsword.

Thank you for your guidance, metalline sounds great since I get tired of damage reduction :/

I did not think about using good augment. I am using empower healing, but some more +positive spell power would always be welcome.

Scrag

If you’re not an assassin, then why are you crafting assassinate in the first place?
The three helpless inflicting falconry attacks get their dc from wis + assassinate + level bonuses +10. Shadowstrike is in the same boat. DH skills also work with wis/int/dex + assassinate + level (+ 20?)

Helpless packs out at +atonof%goeshere free damage, which the bird attacks apply liberally.