Reaper Endgame centered Assassin

Yerro

Very nice build. Main issue i see is very low mrr, low dodge, no selfheal, no goldcurse and the lack of dripping with magma, but as u said, u can't have everything.

Tronko

Very nice build. Main issue i see is very low mrr, low dodge, no selfheal, no goldcurse and the lack of dripping with magma, but as u said, u can't have everything.

Hey, thank you! Dodge is 41% standing (31%+10% from Measure), and becomes 56% after using From the Shadows, or if you use Shadowstrike, or the epic moment. To me, it seems decent ;)

Regarding Goldcurse, some people really like it and some don't. You can certainly use it as a swap, but you lose some DPS.

Thulsadoom

Could you explain why people are high on dripping with magma?

Tronko

Because it's BiS armor effect, free massive DoT for any build, martial or caster.

While this statement may have held true in the past, starting from U53 Dripping with Magma triggers only once every second instead of every quarter second.
When it comes to selecting armor for a melee DPS build, it's hard to go wrong with the craftable Dino Armor: +3% Profane Doublestrike, +2d6 Profane Sneak Attack Dice, one claw and one horn slot, and the added benefits of the Stalker (or Curse) set.

Spook

Because it's BiS armor effect, free massive DoT for any build, martial or caster.
No its certainly strong but its not BiS for many builds these days. Maybe still BiS for THF builds and bows- imbue heavy builds have mostly swapped to +3 imbue sets (eg profane experiment) and TWF have swapped to Dread Stalker with crafted Dino armor.

Ah ninja'd by Tronko

Yerro

Could you explain why people are high on dripping with magma?
As other have stated, is nice add to dps, but im not claiming its BiS, just sharing my thoughts on what are the things i struggle most to give up in the gear tetris. Probably the dread stalker set results in better dps for 2wf, also can have mythic/reaper bonuses on it.

Fisto Mk I

While this statement may have held true in the past, starting from U53 Dripping with Magma triggers only once every second instead of every quarter second.

It's correct, but DoT anyway mostly relevant only to boss-fight, so 5 sec delay to max stacks it's very minor drawback.

imbue heavy builds have mostly swapped to +3 imbue sets (eg profane experiment)

Here i really wanna check numbers... ;)
How many damage provide +3 ID? Best (imo) is Paladin imbue, Slayer of Evil, 1d6 Light scaled with 200% MP/RP. Best Carpone/Ying ranged builds from old Carpone thread provide about 375 RP. 10.5 x 4.75 x 2 = 99.75 per hit.
DwM damage is 525 average per proc. For me, DwM still win... 8)

also can have mythic/reaper bonuses on it.

You can add reaper bonus to any armor currently. ;)

Spook

It's correct, but DoT anyway mostly relevant only to boss-fight, so 5 sec delay to max stacks it's very minor drawback.

Here i really wanna check numbers... ;)
How many damage provide +3 ID? Best (imo) is Paladin imbue, Slayer of Evil, 1d6 Light scaled with 200% MP/RP. Best Carpone/Ying ranged builds from old Carpone thread provide about 375 RP. 10.5 x 4.75 x 2 = 99.75 per hit.
DwM damage is 525 average per proc. For me, DwM still win... 8)

You can add reaper bonus to any armor currently. ;)
What you are missing is attacks/second - even given your low ball numbers you would only need to attack 5.25 times per second to surpass DwM

Fisto Mk I

What you are missing is attacks/second - even given your low ball numbers you would only need to attack 5.25 times per second to surpass DwM
Only?! 8)
Well, i don't know many about melee attack rate, but i play many as ranged. For ranged hard cap RoF present, about 86 hit per minute. It's 1.43 per second, sorry. ;)

VinoeWhines

On another note, until now the best results I have had with a stealthy assassin was splashing 3 swash and using a guardbreaking buckler; even reapers were getting dazed and quickly annihilated. I miss it. It did not proc sneak attack damage well but with the barb level thrown in, I was fast and invincible, and sneaking was even funner.
Hi Saekee, thought I'd suggest you can use on your offhand(swap), Flow (rapier) to get Guard breaking to proc, it's real great against Reapers and some Champs.

VinoeWhines

Nice build, was wondering how much of this build uses past lives to get those DEX stats(108) and CON(71), as well as PRR(247) and SA dice(47d6).
Doesn't Assassin's Melee Power boost ckicky put Vistani's Attack speed boost on same cooldown?
Again thanks for posting, it always feel as a Rogue, you are playing on a deserted island(class-wise) when it comes to playing alongside others in a group in ddo; well more specifically in R10.

I use to have fun running with Nokowi, when he use to run, Dirtas as well.

VinoeWhines

Was also wondering why the choice of the Skelly raid belt = Insightful Sheltering(+19)? (Lay on Hands/Smite)?

Tronko

Any chance you can post your initial stat point spend at level 1?

Hey, sure. STR 8 - DEX 18 (+2) - CON 16 - INT 16 - WIS 8 - CHA 8 (-2)

INT for more skills. Tbh, the only necessary choice is max DEX...

Nice build, was wondering how much of this build uses past lives to get those DEX stats(108) and CON(71), as well as PRR(247) and SA dice(47d6).

Hey, thanks! From past lives you get 8 DEX, 6 CON, 45 PRR, 0 SA dice.

Doesn't Assassin's Melee Power boost ckicky put Vistani's Attack speed boost on same cooldown?

Yes, ofc.

Was also wondering why the choice of the Skelly raid belt = Insightful Sheltering(+19)? (Lay on Hands/Smite)?

I's for 19 PRR. Extra Lay on Hands/Smite are 'useful' only if you drop LD for DC or US for some support healing.

saekee

Hi Saekee, thought I'd suggest you can use on your offhand(swap), Flow (rapier) to get Guard breaking to proc, it's real great against Reapers and some Champs.
yes, thought of that, but need to pull it first...good to see you still roguing away

Blerkington

Write-ups like these are a good service to the community, so thank you for doing it and answering people's questions about the build.

But I think posting your unbuffed stats and then a list of things you use to boost them would be far more useful. How you hit those numbers is clearly confusing many people here who didn't realise you've taken a screenshot including reaper bonuses along with every relevant buff running at the time, some of which are very short and can't be consistently maintained. Claiming 426 mp for example while including prowess and melee power boosts is a little cheeky, much like claiming 41% dodge which only occurs when you're fully stacked on nimbleness.

It is nice to see how different people approach playing an endgame assassin in difficult content, and an interesting contrast to Carpone's build. It would be good to see a DPS comparison between the two because that one has some clear advantages in other areas.

Last edited:

Jack Jarvis Esquire

Eh???

Tronko has been posting builds in this style for years. I'm not sure how you may have missed them.

Personally, I've almost never failed to learn something of advantage from them. Something that I can't say as readily of others.

Tronko is always responsive to and answers queries fully and honestly. Questions which are often raised precisely because of the extreme numbers displayed. And the answers are often insightful and useful.

Implying some sort of "cheeky" deception may be at play here as critique is quite unfair IMO, and moreover, if given credence, may stymie some of the insights which arise from the evoked questions and resulting answers.

In short, I hope Tronko doesn't change his approach as you are suggesting, and that I can look forward to learning further from Tronko's insightful build knowledge.

YMMV. 👍