Rushing during ETR / RTR .... Sigh

Driaza

So ... i hit level 30 and by mistake started the Racial TR before i took my ETR

So i log back in and go to the life shaper and try to do my ETR

But it says i am already flagged for a TR so i cant ETR

Is there any way to remove this flag?

So that i can ETR first and then RTR?

i dont mind losing the heart of blood i wasted already but rather not waste the 20- 30 xp ....

Driaza

Yeah I guessed as much....first time ever happened but I guess that's what happens when multi tasking!!!

Driaza

Did my racial TR... slept on it

And still peeved off at myself in the morning!

150+ Past Lives over 6 toons but it still hurts missing out on one!!

Let this be a cautionary tale for those trying to squeeze in a TR into a busy schedule :)

Tanis

Did my racial TR... slept on it

And still peeved off at myself in the morning!

150+ Past Lives over 6 toons but it still hurts missing out on one!!

Let this be a cautionary tale for those trying to squeeze in a TR into a busy schedule :)
You can TR in a busy schedule without any issues do it all the time

Steeme

I made this mistake I think in 2019. Was so upset that I bought 4 Epic otto boxes to cancel out the grief. Then I felt better lol.

Pro tip: When you are arranging your backpack before starting the TR process, put the Epic Heart in the first slot then Blood in the second slot. When starting the reincarnation process, plan which Epic life you are taking, repeat to yourself "Epic before Racial", then double-check your level before you commit the transaction. ie. Level 30+ means Epic and Level 20 means Racial.

Fizban

Founder, Feb. 2006
I made this mistake I think in 2019. Was so upset that I bought 4 Epic otto boxes to cancel out the grief. Then I felt better lol.

Pro tip: When you are arranging your backpack before starting the TR process, put the Epic Heart in the first slot then Blood in the second slot. When starting the reincarnation process, plan which Epic life you are taking, repeat to yourself "Epic before Racial", then double-check your level before you commit the transaction. ie. Level 30+ means Epic and Level 20 means Racial.
Nice suggestion and this is exactly what I do as well. It helps me to not make the mistake of doing them out of order. But I always highlight my ETR, TR, or RTR token once placed to ensure I have the right one. Reading the dialog displayed when you place your token also helps to ensure that the right token has been selected.

Bracelet

Back when lives were very hard to get, I had a friend accidentally take first level sorc instead of first level wizard. In retrospect, it wasn’t the end of the world, but to hear him tell it…

Mistakes happen.

misterski

My suggestion in another thread was for a pop up reminder when you try to TR when you can also ER first. And thinking about it just now, no pop up when doing an iconic TR, that would be annoying otherwise.

Br4d

Do every process that results in a permanent change very carefully. DDO is not idiot-proof at all.