Sales: June 6th - 13th

DilemmaEnder

Thelanis Player
I guess, to be fair, some of the more consequential things that I used to enjoy buying in summer sales like adventure packs and races, have been given away for free over the last year but I'd still like a couple of really good deals even if on less important stuff. As long as it's not Bigby's hands - please take these away or allow us to crunch them for something. Not sure what that would be - maybe Bigby's fingers. No, that would be worse....

Hap
Hey, if you are ever on Thelanis I will take all your Bigby's Hands. I find uses for them daily! And I'm down to my last 5-10 of each color...NOOOO!

Haphazard

Hey, if you are ever on Thelanis I will take all your Bigby's Hands. I find uses for them daily! And I'm down to my last 5-10 of each color...NOOOO!
Ha. Ok! Ping Werp when you're next on. I've already destroyed a load so I'll see what I've got left :)

Jummby

This is last years sale July 6th-13th 2023

This is the final week of Summer Sales!
Now through July 13th, get:
30% off Greensteel Extractors
50% off Sentience Toolkits
50% off Jeweler's Tool Kits
75% off Cloaks
This reply shows that the summer sales, looks more like any other weekly sale these days.

mordek

This reply shows that the summer sales, looks more like any other weekly sale these days.

One of the many reasons I am fed up with this game. They want people to play and buy their products but we get ripped off at every turn lately.

Reactions: DBZ

Dude

One of the many reasons I am fed up with this game. They want people to play and buy their products but we get ripped off at every turn lately.
If you enjoy the game, then play the game and don't buy the products.

mordek

If you enjoy the game, then play the game and don't buy the products.
I actually stopped my VIP which expires in a month once thats done I'm done after 17 years. It's becoming more and more evident that all they are looking for these days is a cash grab with minimal give back unfortunately. Look at the coffers for example when they were released they made them sound like they will be 1 time offers so that people will gobble them up and they wouldn't be seen again. now they are doing sales on them and the people that spent almost $100 on it are getting a slap in the face. least they could do is offer up something to people who already bought it at a full price 6 months ago like they did with the treasure elixir they gave as a consolation prize to people who bought hundreds of dollars in xpacks lol

Dude

I actually stopped my VIP which expires in a month once thats done I'm done after 17 years. It's becoming more and more evident that all they are looking for these days is a cash grab with minimal give back unfortunately. Look at the coffers for example when they were released they made them sound like they will be 1 time offers so that people will gobble them up and they wouldn't be seen again. now they are doing sales on them and the people that spent almost $100 on it are getting a slap in the face. least they could do is offer up something to people who already bought it at a full price 6 months ago like they did with the treasure elixir they gave as a consolation prize to people who bought hundreds of dollars in xpacks lol
You don't have to buy any of that, but if that matters more to you than enjoying the game, then you should definitely move on.

mordek

You don't have to buy any of that, but if that matters more to you than enjoying the game, then you should definitely move on.

Only so much you can play the same content over and over, over the years eventually you need to make purchases to continue on. I enjoyed this game for a long time and it just seems like they couldnt careless and put in minimal effort these days.

Frieling Slyhand

They never said it wouldn't be released again. Cordo was clear that it wasn't certain they would re-release but if they did it would be infrequent and potentially far away. That's what has happened.

mordek

They never said it wouldn't be released again. Cordo was clear that it wasn't certain they would re-release but if they did it would be infrequent and potentially far away. That's what has happened.
Mechonized Coffer has been offered up 3 times in under 6 months how is that infrequent

Indyanna

Wow....it would almost seem like SSG is running gasp a business .. shocking that they need to make money to keep the lights on!

However... jewelers toolkits those could definitely do with a price reduction, other than that, I think most people understand that business' can't make money giving things away and SSG have actually given ALOT away recently. Can't even please people with free stuff lol

I totally agree with you on this one. I mean I don't even regret the purchase because I really wanted it. However, I just feel horrible for paying something that sounded unique and a one time thing, but find out a couple months later it's on the discount shelf. I don't even want any compensation, I just want them to make it clear that coffers will be offered later in the future and not an exclusive offer .That way I can just wait for the discounted price in the months or years to come, until then I will be a happier buyer.

I guess, it's also totally my fault for being a sucker for these offers thinking that they won't come back ever, hence, part of my gripe.

..... Now that I say this, I miss my Albino raptor because it's stuck at another server...... and have no way to bring it over lol.

mordek

Wow....it would almost seem like SSG is running gasp a business .. shocking that they need to make money to keep the lights on!

However... jewelers toolkits those could definitely do with a price reduction, other than that, I think most people understand that business' can't make money giving things away and SSG have actually given ALOT away recently. Can't even please people with free stuff lol

You are missing the point. They advertised it as a limited time purchase so that people would run out and buy it. Then a few months later BAM its on sale for a 3rd at a discounted price. That is decptive marketing if you ask me.

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

Genkiba

You are missing the point. They advertised it as a limited time purchase so that people would run out and buy it. Then a few months later BAM its on sale for a 3rd at a discounted price. That is decptive marketing if you ask me.
Even though no one asked, they actually were a limited time purchase...they left after a week or so. Also, too, from the FAQ:

Once a coffer ends its sale, is it gone forever?In general we intend to leave open the possibility to bring these offers back in the future, but I wouldn't expect to see them return with any speed or regularity. (DDO Forums)

Don't fall for FOMO or have a 'HA HA! I got this and you didn't!' mentality and you'll be fine.

mordek

Even though no one asked, they actually were a limited time purchase...they left after a week or so. Also, too, from the FAQ:

Don't fall for FOMO or have a 'HA HA! I got this and you didn't!' mentality and you'll be fine.

Thankfully I refused to buy them at that their inflated prices. only things worthwhile for me on any of those packs was the bank space and that definitely did not fit the price.