Scavenger Hunt as a festival?

Aelonwy

I like it. I think it will work better outside the strict level lockout limitations of HC too. Right now many people are waiting to play until they are certain not to miss anything because they don't want to be forced to TR or start over on HC. Not an enviable situation for a game.

FuzzyDuck81

It'd be fun as a live event for sure. Though iirc, wasn't there a thing back in the day (waaay back) when there was a bounty board with minor rewards for taking down specific named enemies too? It'd be fun to see some of these mechanics added back in.

PaleFox

At least it's better than having rng tied in on some arbitrary roll system.

Tho taking a level 32 with some reaper points in the sack into a level 2 quest does not have the same feel to it as what we now have on HC.

Purr

I like both ideas. Could maybe have the reward at a few different level ranges ("gold chests" in legendary, "silver" in epic, and "bronze" in low ones) with different levels of prizes (ML 1, 10, 20, 30) items. Not sure how hard to implement, but could be similar to mimics where the chest turns into a dragon?

Bunker

Some guilds have hosted thier own scavenger hunts over the years. And those were always a nice change of pace.

With ssg now having the optional chest setup like this. They "could" add this to an existing event, or possibly make a new event. One that is not on the HC server.

An example could be:
During the Nighrs Revel time period. You could make a scavenger hunt where a player has to collect, let's say, the bones of a skeleton. And once you collect them all from all locations, you get a pick of skeleton armor skin. Or something like that.

Make the scavenger items bta, and the capability to get multiples for other characters.

Something like that.

I think scavenger ideas in general are at the whims of cost and imagination of the designer. And 1 or 2 a year on the regular servers could prove to be an added boost of enjoyment.

And if ssg needs a carrot for doing it, make it so one of the items to collect is on a pack or expansion that you are trying to sell. I know, I know, some won't like that, but honestly, isn't that the point of the game. If players want all the cool stuff, then you have to be willing to at least get the quest pack sooner or later. Cut out one large pizza, starbucks coffee, 6 pack of beverage, and pick up a quest pack today.

bloodraiser3

I am actually thinking about doing something like this pretty soon. I am currently working on a PvP tournament for hardcore but I would like to setup some events for non-hardcore like scavenger hunts, quizzes, races, and fashion shows.