Slayer area not working

Dvinesword

Was playing last night (5/4/23) on Thelanis and the slayers in the strom horns was not working. No matter how much you kill the counts would not go up. There were r total members of the group and we all experienced this.

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
There is an issue with wilderness areas. Some work right, some the rares don't count and in some the slayer counts don't go up.

Zepago66

yes having the same issue its a pity, have tried various toons and various wilderness settings and it seems its just storm horns for me thats not working

Buddha5440

Gianthold Heroic woked fine for me but Stormhorns heroic (I'm lv 15 so am in range (15-24) is not registering kills (not sure about rares and I left as soon as I noticed count still at 0).

FaustianBargain

This is only a couple of data points, but in heroic Orchard plus Vale, the rares that require multiple kills don’t award XP or advance the rare encounters count. So for Orchard, the caravan and the bone pile rats didn’t award a rare encounter completion, the crimson foot, bats, and the gnoll with mephits in Vale didn’t either. They did spawn the unlocked chest correctly and the individual kills incremented in the slayer count.

For those two areas, single kill rares, explorers, and the general slayers did function. I ran around Gianthold, Barovia, Sands, and Sorrowdusk and all of those seemed to function properly for all of slayer, rare, and explorer points (I didn’t try to find every single rare in Barovia or Sands because I didn’t want to invest 100 hours testing)

After work I’ll try out High Road, most of the rare encounters require multiple kills IIRC.

Tonkababe

Playing since the early beta and i have never complained openly on the forums, and keep my complaining about this game to a few people in my circle, but after all this time and watching people/friends/husband come and go because the people developing this game can't seem to get it together, promises of fixes rarely kept, what i call stealth nerfs during updates and maintenance (disclosure: I don't follow the devs postings much so this could be me just not keeping up), and the customer service being flat on its rump (what used to take 10 minutes is now up in the weeks time frame) is tiresome. There are days i like to just sit down and go into a slayer area and chill out with my music, a margarita and not have to deal with some lame DDO jerk hero in some PUG group or a total lag situation in a quest run. So many of the slayer/explorer areas are broken ATM and need to be fixed, so you actually get a kill count or xp for the rares etc...

No count in Storm Horns (either setting), explorers work fine, did not find a rare to try
No xp for rares in High Road (either setting), but it gave 5 guild renown per rare
Kings Forest gave no xp for rares at all, kill count worked and explorers were fine.
Heroic Necro acting up on kill counts and xp
Giant Hold acting up as well both heroic and epic levels
I am sure there are more, just have not gotten to those other areas yet like 3BC or Thunderholme yet as I do I will update this message.
Update: Underdark does not count for freed slaves any longer but, the rares give xp and slayer count does go up as usual.
Wheloon appears to work as far as kill count and explorers, did not locate a captured resident to free or a rare to check those.
Update 5/9 Wheloon rares do not give xp found nil, the war wizard and the red named over in the shadow area and none gave xp or even registered in the log s being done.
Demonweb appears to be working fine.
Sschindylyrn appeared to be working properly, all rares and kill counts and explorers worked normally
3BC works fine

Oh, and while I am here complaining your magical lag fix, was a bad joke on the playerbase holding out hope for something to finally work after being told all these years it was our computers. I am super patient but thank god you were not one of my employees or you all would have been fired long ago, not because you are not nice people, but just totally inept in your jobs. Fix what you have already issued as content and worry about making new stuff later, I know I would be more than willing to wait a bit for new content should the game be fixed and working well. OK enough of my rant and no more complaints from me for another 17 years, sorry to bring everyone down. Time for a Tequila Sunrise that's always a mood lifter.

Last edited:

GolargoSturdyfeet

Signed, broken slayer areas, no need to buy slayer boost pots. And its not just xp, rares not spawning like in The High Road. Sad:(

Kaytis

I took 20 on my Tabaxi iconic, spent my destiny points and went to King's Forest. I did maybe a dozen or so rare encounters out there and got no XP for any of them.

Aelonwy

The bugs/brokeness with most of these wilderness zones arrived with U59. We were told on the old forums they were working on a fix but it would have to wait till the first patch (not Hotfix) of U59. Since then we got the new forums and no further word on what is happening.

FaustianBargain

This is only a couple of data points, but in heroic Orchard plus Vale, the rares that require multiple kills don’t award XP or advance the rare encounters count. So for Orchard, the caravan and the bone pile rats didn’t award a rare encounter completion, the crimson foot, bats, and the gnoll with mephits in Vale didn’t either. They did spawn the unlocked chest correctly and the individual kills incremented in the slayer count.

For those two areas, single kill rares, explorers, and the general slayers did function. I ran around Gianthold, Barovia, Sands, and Sorrowdusk and all of those seemed to function properly for all of slayer, rare, and explorer points (I didn’t try to find every single rare in Barovia or Sands because I didn’t want to invest 100 hours testing)

After work I’ll try out High Road, most of the rare encounters require multiple kills IIRC.
OK heroic High Road and Wheloon the scrolls/journals worked, slayer counts worked, but no rares awarded XP, whether it was a single kill (Spectral Sightings for example) or multiple kills (Tree full of Spiders for instance). The chests spawned so it recognized completion of the encounter in one way. Didn’t encounter any of the Wheloon natives to see if that area advanced.

So my results are different from other reports so far, at least in heroic areas everything but rare encounters has worked, and that’s inconsistent between older zones and relatively newer zones. Now back to finishing the stupid TR I was doing.

Rakehell

I have seen similar issues on vale and high road heroic - clearly an issue. However, cogs heroic seems fine. Slayers going up, so for rares working...

Buddha5440

The bugs/brokeness with most of these wilderness zones arrived with U59. We were told on the old forums they were working on a fix but it would have to wait till the first patch (not Hotfix) of U59. Since then we got the new forums and no further word on what is happening.
This...Over and over. Give it some time. They are aware of it.