Some People Like the Pirate Motif, Some People Enjoy Steampunk, Others Enjoy the Medieval Setting Most

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arimov

It's not the request, it's how it is presented, and you definitely come across as entitled. I haven't seen the other thread, so I can't really comment on that. Suggestions are going to get picked apart, that's part of the point of placing them in a forum space. I would actually be upset if my ideas weren't picked apart. How good are they if they can't withstand criticism, discussion, and debate?!?
I, respectfully, disagree with your assessment. I said "paying customer", not sole person keeping them afloat. You are gaslighting, and that really should not be allowed. I am not interested in your flame wars. Good day.

Arimov

Has anyone told OP that pirates existed in the medieval era?
Not in the form you are thinking.
The era of piracy in the Caribbean began in the 1500s and phased out in the 1830s after the navies of the nations of Western Europe and North America with colonies in the Caribbean began combating pirates. The period during which pirates were most successful was from the 1660s to 1730s. - wikipedia (not authoritative, but a place to start).
Those dates are not exactly medieval. Did some form of piracy exist? Probably, yes, back to antiquity, but not the type featured here.

Last edited:

erousted8

Not in the form you are thinking.

Why do you assume he meant Caribbean pirates? There's been pirates as long as there's been boats. The Sea Peoples(who predate the medieval era by a lot) were pirates. The first act of piracy probably happened around when the third canoe was finished.

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
I, respectfully, disagree with your assessment. I said "paying customer", not sole person keeping them afloat. You are gaslighting, and that really should not be allowed. I am not interested in your flame wars. Good day.
I'm pretty sure I was not gaslighting you. I am trying to point out that there are good ways to make suggestions and present ideas and there are less ideal ways... Its a constructive suggestion and isn't intended to be a flame. Good luck with your thread!

SiliconScout

... I find it rather jejune that people feel the need to pick apart my suggestions. They are just that - suggestions. SSG can take them, or leave them, as they will.
I'd just like to point out there is an actual suggestions forum, this one is general discussion. I will grant this one is far more active and therefore could be perceived as more likely to be seen but it IS general discussion. People will discuss, dissect and debate here, it would seem to be this particular forum's purpose. Indeed, I think it would be callow to expect that a suggestion does not get discussed and debated in this forum.

I would suggest though that all empirical evidence has shown that SSG most definitely chooses the later and "leaves" just about everything suggested here.

Smelt

Arimov.... Again this is the general discussion forum not the Suggestions forum. As you keep repeatedly saying these are suggestions....perhaps posting them on the suggestion forum would be more appropriate.

KylerrTheMajty

So what you're saying is you want future DDO content to be exactly the same sort of stuff as every other Dungeons and Dragons MMO on the market? That doesn't sound like the best idea for the game's future health, as I imagine most of the paying players are here specifically for the steampunk content.

(Not that I'm saying I'm against occasional future Forgotten Realms content here - far from it - but DDO's magitech setting is its unique selling point. The Neverwinter and Baldur's Gate series of games already have Faerun pretty well covered, so making too much of the content straight high fantasy could well cost the game greatly.)
Best expansions imo and not only my where motu and ravenloft that are medival

Arimov sadly ddo forum always was and is very toxic every new idea is hated here

droid327

Has anyone told OP that pirates existed in the medieval era?

I mean they did, but they were very unlike the Age of Sail pirates we usually think of

That being said, while I like the aesthetic grab-bag that DDO's format allows it, I wouldn't mind circling back to a more High Fantasy concept for a release or two either. Fey was, but it was so whimsical

I don't think astral castles fit into the lore though, and couldn't just be swapped in for guild ships functionality

Oliphant

I'm ok with Medieval per se but in practice on DDO that means Faerun, which I think just looks terrible and has very uninspiring lore in DDO. I'd rather they redo Eveningstar to not look like horrible trash pixels (the terrible copy paste housing, especially the roofs). I hope to never spend time in Underdark of Schyn City ever again, just a bunch of dreary non-sense.

Memnir

I ONLY like magical-dystopia settings - so I demand Dark Sun content... NOW!!!! Only cater to ME, because only MY ideas will generate the monies! All other ideas and developer creative ventures can pound sand because I don't care about them!

Cater. Only. To. ME!!!!!!!

siZfpF7.gif

The Narc

I am awaiting a low magic where everything magic is at 20% of output values and r 10 would impact that damage even further, i just want to watch all the AOE casters fornthe fun of it!! Lol

erousted8

I don't think astral castles fit into the lore though, and couldn't just be swapped in for guild ships functionality

They could lower the airship model until its sitting in the water. Suddenly the air ship becomes a ship ship. Problem solved.

droid327

I am awaiting a low magic where everything magic is at 20% of output values and r 10 would impact that damage even further, i just want to watch all the AOE casters fornthe fun of it!! Lol

Its called Fleshmakers...golems are magic resistant. There just aren't any golem heavy quests that people want to play

The Narc

Its called Fleshmakers...golems are magic resistant. There just aren't any golem heavy quests that people want to play
Actually i meant a whole expansion, make it have the best gear yet, and of course AOE casters are super nerfed so that the game is actually interesting again, without all the single button room clearing. Honestly the devs created their own problem and now they are stuck with it, almost mandatory now to feed the instant gratification and keep providing ways to top out mass area of effect damage as to feed a single button ego(albeit not everyone has the ego but some succumb to the playstyle as it is the most efficient and fastest easy button)

Arimov

Why do you assume he meant Caribbean pirates? There's been pirates as long as there's been boats. The Sea Peoples(who predate the medieval era by a lot) were pirates. The first act of piracy probably happened around when the third canoe was finished.
Did some form of piracy exist? Probably, yes, back to antiquity, but not the type featured here.
From my earlier post. But, it seems, according to you, I did not state that.

Arimov

I'm pretty sure I was not gaslighting you. I am trying to point out that there are good ways to make suggestions and present ideas and there are less ideal ways... Its a constructive suggestion and isn't intended to be a flame. Good luck with your thread!
There was nothing in my suggestions that was insulting or attacking anyone. I have been attacked here repeatedly. You are being rude, and are now blaming the victim. You, and others, have been gaslighting, along with not fully reading anything I wrote. You, and others, have nothing better to do than attack and insult people. It is quite puerile.

Arimov

It's not the request, it's how it is presented, and you definitely come across as entitled. I haven't seen the other thread, so I can't really comment on that. Suggestions are going to get picked apart, that's part of the point of placing them in a forum space. I would actually be upset if my ideas weren't picked apart. How good are they if they can't withstand criticism, discussion, and debate?!?
This is nonsense, and blaming the victim. "Why do you make me hit you?"
It's not the request, it's how it is presented
There was nothing in my suggestions that attacked or villified, or hurt anyone. I was attacked for making suggestions. And, as you are doing now, making me feel unwelcome in these forums for making suggestions, which SSG asked for. You need to learn some social skills. Do you do this same thing face-to-face, when you meet someone on the streets? If you would not do it in front of you mother, you should not do it here. Then again, some people just do not have proper upbringing. But, who can say?
and you definitely come across as entitled.
Saying that I have equal rights to make suggestions is not being entitled. Unfortunately, in the U.S. (and, perhaps, elsewhere), people think that someone asking for equal rights is asking for too much. Many people think that equal rights lessens themselves. They would deny other people equal rights. This is essentially what you are doing here.

If you would not do it at a polite dinner or a formal function, you should not do it here.

Arimov

I'd just like to point out there is an actual suggestions forum, this one is general discussion. I will grant this one is far more active and therefore could be perceived as more likely to be seen but it IS general discussion. People will discuss, dissect and debate here, it would seem to be this particular forum's purpose. Indeed, I think it would be callow to expect that a suggestion does not get discussed and debated in this forum.

I would suggest though that all empirical evidence has shown that SSG most definitely chooses the later and "leaves" just about everything suggested here.
And, I am GENERALLY discussing what happened in SUGGESTIONS.

Arimov

I ONLY like magical-dystopia settings - so I demand Dark Sun content... NOW!!!! Only cater to ME, because only MY ideas will generate the monies! All other ideas and developer creative ventures can pound sand because I don't care about them!

Cater. Only. To. ME!!!!!!!
Wonderful... and irrelevant... trolling. Find something better to do than insult people. If you would not do it at a polite dinner or formal function, then you should not do it here.

Arimov

Arimov.... Again this is the general discussion forum not the Suggestions forum. As you keep repeatedly saying these are suggestions....perhaps posting them on the suggestion forum would be more appropriate.
And, again, I am GENERALLY discussing what happened in SUGGESTIONS. Try focusing on the topic at hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.