Store Sales: November 30th - December 7th

rabidfox

The People's Champion
This is beyond stupid: I wanted to use the coupon, but it says that "coupon expired". Yet I was able to successfully use SAVE20 & SAVE15. Why is that happening?
I've heard closing and reopening the store often fixes many issues people have been seeing. So try that and see if it works then.

Nimrud

I've heard closing and reopening the store often fixes many issues people have been seeing. So try that and see if it works then.
Nope, did not work. I have even tried logging a different character and a different server. "Coupon expired" :-/
Thanks for the tip though!

Spook

Nope, did not work. I have even tried logging a different character and a different server. "Coupon expired" :-/
Thanks for the tip though!
What's the betting they shut the code down early because they realised everyone was using it to buy the coffer.

edit: was able to verify as I hadnt logged in the game to use the codes:
SAVE15 - Activated
SAVE20 - Activated
SAVE30 - Expired

im guessing its an error tbh no reason for one to be expired while the others are still active.

PersonMan

Must have mistakenly flipped the switch to turn off Save30 instead of the one that turns on Double Dice

HighLordPudding

All the codes are expired for me now. I thought the codes were supposed to be good through Dec. 7??? It is still Dec. 7th as of writing this post. 8:30pm on Dec. 7th local time, or 10:30pm East coast time in the USA on Dec. 7th. What gives SSG???

They never pass up an opportunity to destroy goodwill from players, do they? I just went to go buy a tome with the 30% coupon that was supposedly good "Now through December 7th", and got the message "Coupon Expired".

It's such a consistent pattern too. Whenever they make a mistake, players get the shaft. Never suck it up and own their mistakes. Pathetic.

cdbd3rd

Okay, so it wasn't just me getting the "coupon expired" yesterday (the 7th) afternoon. Saved me some points. *shrug*

Yeah, gave it a good chuckle when I saw the new sale on AS after I also used the 30% code for them the day before.

pyrofury_ffxi

Determine Your Discount
Save up to 30% Now through December 7th
15% off any 5 items with code SAVE15
20% off any 3 items with code SAVE20
30% off any 1 items with code SAVE30

Follow Your Passion! Get 20% off:
Select Enhancement Trees
Select Cosmetic Outfits
Select Cloaks
Select Hair Dyes
Now through December 7th!

Weekly Coupon
Free Wand of False Life
Coupon Code: FALSELIFE
Now through December 7th!​
I don't know why I continue to pay to play this game. Someone should have made it clear that determine your discount was only good till Dec. 7th since the last time around it was use at your leisure thnx for nothing. Oh and Happy Holidays!

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I don't know why I continue to pay to play this game. Someone should have made it clear that determine your discount was only good till Dec. 7th since the last time around it was use at your leisure thnx for nothing. Oh and Happy Holidays!
It a shame the codes expire before some people got use them, but last time around they had an end date for codes too.

Determine Your Discount
Save up to 30% Now through August 10th
15% off any 5 items with code DDO15
20% off any 3 items with code DDO20
30% off any 1 item with code DDO30​

dur

aka Cybersquirt
I switched to external store. Makes DDO happier too, not having that browserhelper running.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
I feel your pain. I keep missing the Crafter bonus :p 'least I caught this one and knew enough about SSG/Turbine to know it was 1 per account.

Last edited:

cdbd3rd

The issue was that they were supposed to last "through" Dec 7. Getting cut off in the middle of the day on the 7th was not cool.

CherryBomb

Just a thought the game uses the east coast time zone. It is possible to be Dec 7 in California while it is Dec 8 in New York.

Nimrud

I wrote to Cordovan about this issue and he totally ignored it - no explanation on the premature expiration of code, even the conversation with complaint was deleted. That's simply not the quality of the service I was expecting, therefore I've just cancelled my VIP sub, though I will keep playing since I like the game. But maybe when they see the cash outflow they would act more reliably next time.