Suggestions for Augments made from Items

Arkat

Founder & Super Hero
Pursuant to Severlin's encouragement that we make suggestions for named augments from powers from certain items here, I thought I would start this thread.

The absolute first named augment that I'd like to see be made by "distilling" an enchantment from an existing item is the "Overwhelming Shockwave" enchantment from the Reflection of Whelm.

If it could be made as a Red or Orange augment, that would be just spiffy.

Why would I want this particular power? Well, to start, it's got a great visual when it triggers. The sonic damage is nice and the Daze effect is useful on the off chance a mob doesn't make its save when the effect triggers on a Vorpal strike. It also fits in perfectly with the idea of being able to make a lesser (but thematically almost perfect) version of the Lord of Blades' Spear of the Mournlands.

P.S. This augment might revive the Killing Time raid to a degree because to make the Reflection of Whelm warhammer, you need to get 5 Schisms which only drop in KT.

P.P.S. If you wanted to tie it to some later content (like U59), you could require the Overwhelming Shockwave enchantment be distilled from one of the new Legendary Rocksplitters. This would satisfy the people who don't want to have to get a raid item to make the augment.

@Severlin , @SteelStar , @Cordovan

Last edited:

Thorntoe

I would be happy with any new named augments.

But first, I would like to be able to do something with all of the named augments that I already have and just keep collecting. Crunching them for cannith essence would be acceptable, or even Siberys dragonshards, anything that has more value than plat.

Dragnilar

Dragonborn of Bahamut
Hmm... I like this idea, although I'd add that there should be a version for soloers / people who don't like to raid.

I would like it if they added some augments that used the items from web of chaos and the rest of the epic/legendary crafting items.

ACJ97F

As long as they don't do anything like the triple-augment-set-from-named-items like before. That was just an abomination
most people had to skip. I have some made, and there's no real place for me to slot them, without hosing up my gear.

I'd have liked augments for: Blueshine, Metallic, Aligned, and a ranged weapon one like PnP has for creating ammo.

Edited to add:

Since they probably won't duplicate weapon effects from the named items, and already have Disintegrate ETC gems,
I would like to see them tool Vorpal to just do scaling damage on a Nat 20. Just X amount (effected by melee power).
Reason being, low levels stuff dies too fast to proc it usually, and higher levels monsters have more HPs, and typically
die from insta-kills and/or Crits, also limiting the usefulness of the old Vorpal formula.

That way they only need ONE type of Vorpal, since it scales with level, instead of (5) different versions.

Last edited:

Boondocks Mike

I would really love it if the profane combat bonus from e/Litany was added to the currently existing augment or at least made into a new separate augment.

Limb Chopper/Crippling/Bonesplitter.

Weaken Undead/Construct/etc.

Skybreaker.

Relentless Fury.

Ram's Might.

ToD sets (updated or full set from 1 augment) or effects inspired by those sets.

Old Deception.

Cannith Combat Infusion (suggest increasing proc chance or increasing the magnitude of the buff regardless).

Madstone Frenzy (attack speed buff from Madstone Rage).

Quality Armor Mastery (and/or scaled up MDB augments).

Rebalanced (buffed) damage and DCs for Meteoric Star Ruby and similar augments.

Kick 'Em While They're Down.

Sight Beyond Sight (scaled versions as well).

Lesser Displacement.

Counterpart to Dark Diversion for threat gen.

Enhanced Action Boost.

Unstoppable Staggering Blow.

Vulnerability/Elemental Vulnerability.

Legendary Affirmation.

Everbright.

Celestia.

Dragon's Blessing.

Body Breaker.

Shadow Guardian (rebalanced).

Calamitous Blows.

Psychic Ward.

Hound's/Devil's Blood.

Strength Sapping (rebalanced DC).

Dripping with Magma.

Vox

named gear (for the most part) has 4 effect slots.. so why can't we just open a barter box and select which of the effect we want to turn into an aug?

1st = one of the item
2nd = two of the item
3rd = four of the item
4th = eight of the item

Seems reasonable grind to get the more powerful effect?

Eme

Antipode, Fist of the Horizon​

- creates a red antipode augment that adds anitpodal DR breaking and deals an extra 1d6 points of Good damage to non-Good enemies, an extra 1d6 points of Evil damage to non-Evil enemies, an extra 1d6 points of Law damage to non-Lawful enemies, and an extra 1d6 points of Chaotic damage to non-Chaotic enemies. (Although 1d6 may be a bit low at endgame, maybe 1x wraps for a 1d6 L23 version, 2x wraps to create a 2d6 L28 version, 3xwraps to create a 3d6 L32 version)

Last edited:
I'd love to see some unique effects from caster items make it onto Essence Augments.

The elemental form bonuses (Hruit necklaces, Wave) would be great as augments - those items are going to be obsolete soon, so being able to slot those effects without using lvl 29 items would be amazing.

Blunt Hackett

I'd like to see augments that add a hit dice multipier, but the hit dice multiplier doesn't stack. So for example, say you have a nice named weapon but it only has 1d8, you could add an augment to make it 2.5[1d8]. But it would only add .5 to a weapon that is already 2[1d8] and have no effect on a weapon with 2.5[1d8] or higher. This is to avoid making already powerful weapons too powerful.

It'd be a nice way to make some of the weaker named weapons more viable.

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
I would prefer NOT to have augments made from old items. It was bad enough the first time, please don't ever do that again. Due to those augments, I'm currently hoarding all the raid loot that drops for me on the off chance it'll become useful for augments on the future.

Please don't make this a thing (again). If you really have to do it, make it on new raids where you state it up front, so I don't have to hoard raid items from the past ten or fifteen years just in case you do this again.

saekee

long live ROGUE
I would do something with the xoriat upgraded like solipsism etc that you can melt into an augment. Non raid please.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
why not make korthos augments, just like the 2 piece korthos sets? Simple and easy maybe?
Might need a legendary korthos. . .mmmm. . .

Arkat

Founder & Super Hero
OP updated to provide a suggestion for an alternate item from which to distill the Overwhelming Shockwave enchantment.

T.O.

I would like to see augment being created from 3BC stuff. Like a augment of salt from Barnacle Buckler. I think that would be a really cool augment.

droid327

My main request would be to get more augments made from none-raid gear. Even if it takes 5 or 6 copies of the same item. I just like progress I can make by myself and not have to go through unpleasant flagging chains.

This x 1000

My biggest complaint with that system - and the Set Augment system - was that there was no non-raiding pathway to get it, not even a reduced-efficacy version. I'd love to be able to craft some special "blue tier" augments from blue tier gear - without needing Threads to do it too, btw, though I'm fine with other rare non-raid loot like Soul Vessels.

I'd love to see a Boon of Undeath augment that was Heroic level (and would still be useful in Epic too alongside GBoon). Really hope that'd be from crunching Capelets and not Festering Mummy Wraps, though :D

Stoneskin/Goldskin/Iceskin procs would be a useful option for Heroic as well

Relentless Fury would open up gearing options (as a well designed augment should do), though there's several named options for that now plus Dino Bone at cap

Elasticity would be cool for ranged weapons, though that's probably too OP for an augment

Power+Lore would be cool to have for casters, especially some of the multi-element types, and I think that'd be a fair upgrade from easily-sourced Power augs, if it was part of the Crafted Aug system

And can we pleeeease just get a decent Vampirism augment? One that's built like the Darkhallow filigree set, where it scales on your SP as well as your Amp?

Vox

And can we pleeeease just get a decent Vampirism augment? One that's built like the Darkhallow filigree set, where it scales on your SP as well as your Amp?
Darkhallow & shards were absolutely good until the devs decided fun wasn't on the agenda. I'd still enjoy a Hamp/Ramp/Namp SP scaling vamp aug set. I think it would need to be a set bonus (?2, aug slots are always in high demand) given the 4 filigree cost.

I'd love the old CC vampirism as a lowbie aug as well. the version without the silly internal cooldown.

Dragnilar

Dragonborn of Bahamut
My biggest complaint with that system - and the Set Augment system - was that there was no non-raiding pathway to get it, not even a reduced-efficacy version. I'd love to be able to craft some special "blue tier" augments from blue tier gear - without needing Threads to do it too, btw, though I'm fine with other rare non-raid loot like Soul Vessels.
Same complaint here as well. 🙁

EvanBanning

Picking up threads is actually the least objectionable part. I can do that on no-flag pug raids with an alt I keep at cap. The big problem is all the good augs come from raids with horrifyingly bad flagging mechanics. So to get those I have spend weeks(with my small available play time) on flagging quests I hate, then be stuck at cap for months trying to grind enough runes. It sucks.

As it stands I have about 50 empty soul vessels. Thats not rare. I've also got 3500 raid threads from no-flag raids. Also not rare.

Seriously the only VIP mechanic we really need is the ability to skip raid flagging.

Arkat

Founder & Super Hero
Picking up threads is actually the least objectionable part. I can do that on no-flag pug raids with an alt I keep at cap. The big problem is all the good augs come from raids with horrifyingly bad flagging mechanics. So to get those I have spend weeks(with my small available play time) on flagging quests I hate, then be stuck at cap for months trying to grind enough runes. It sucks.

As it stands I have about 50 empty soul vessels. Thats not rare. I've also got 3500 raid threads from no-flag raids. Also not rare.

Seriously the only VIP mechanic we really need is the ability to skip raid flagging.
QFT