Suggestions for Augments made from Items

FaustianBargain

I know folks are mostly looking at high level gear, but how about a few epic level augments for people still on the epic TR path. Think something along the lines of converting a full set of the Villager/PDK/etc gear into an augment that conveys the set bonus effects or being able to convert an epic Abishai set into an augment with the set bonus. Most of those effects are duplicated or overwritten by later set effects so there’s not much that’s going to skew power in an unexpected way.

Also borderline trivial here but I wouldn’t hate being able to convert a PLIS into a spell absorbing augment.

Edrein

I'm definitely with others in agreement that a heroic Boon of Undeath augment would be nice. I'd like to see it land in about the level 6~ range, a little bit after PM and DA get their form, but not too late in heroics as to be useless.

I'd love to see druids get a few of their unique wildshape enchantments get turned into augments. Whether that be Stone Paws (Dethek Runestone), Bone Paws (Aspect of the Wild Hunt), or the Wilderness lore based ones.

Crown of Summer being an augment would be neat too. Have it be made with 3 Titania's Crowns just to make it a bit more of a grind/rare to justify it's power over the generic +10 MP topaz.

Though I'd like to see two of the current named augments get fixes first those being Lifetaker (A level 28 item should not use a DC30 slay living spell effect) and Ruby of the Snowpeaks (DC35 freeze is still saved against a lot of times at the level you get to slot this at 4.)

Fisto Mk I

heroic Boon of Undeath augment would be nice. I'd like to see it land in about the level 6~ range, a little bit after PM and DA get their form, but not too late in heroics as to be useless.
According to fact in live this effect present at ML14+, ML6 is clearly OP. ;)
Ruby of the Snowpeaks (DC35 freeze is still saved against a lot of times at the level you get to slot this at 4.)
I have this in my off-hand ML30 Legendary Alchemical Shortsword (shuri-thrower build) and see many time how freeze works often in LVL30+ reaper content. Just saying... :)

Edrein

According to fact in live this effect present at ML14+, ML6 is clearly OP. ;)

I have this in my off-hand ML30 Legendary Alchemical Shortsword (shuri-thrower build) and see many time how freeze works often in LVL30+ reaper content. Just saying... :)
Getting healed for an Inflict Light Wounds that doesn't scale with spellpower at level 6 is hardly OP lol. But fair enough, for some reason I was thinking we had items that are a lower level with it.

Alternative

I already suggested it somewhere like a year ago, but Dripping with Magma is imo a number one effect that should be made an augment.

It was a mistake to create an armor superior to others in dps, (like nothing was learned on the example of Marilith Chain) but making it an augment would fix this mistake, and unlock all other armors as viable build options.

Fisto Mk I

I already suggested it somewhere like a year ago, but Dripping with Magma is imo a number one effect that should be made an augment.

Pure and solid NO!

It was a mistake to create an armor superior to others in dps, (like nothing was learned on the example of Marilith Chain) but making it an augment would fix this mistake, and unlock all other armors as viable build options.
Here no any mistake at all. Currently, we have fair trade-off - have BiS dps effect at armor slot and lose set bonuses from set armor or have set bonuses but lose opportunity have DwM in armor slot. You just want have both effects without any trade-offs - pure power-creep, right? ;)

Arkat

Founder & Super Hero
Bodyfeeder augment, ML 8
That's prompts a couple of questions.

Given that so few toons spend so little time at such low levels, how much utility does a Bodyfeeder augment really have? Would it really be worth the Devs' time to make them?

EvanBanning

Given that so few toons spend so little time at such low levels, how much utility does a Bodyfeeder augment really have? Would it really be worth the Devs' time to make them?

Anyone doing racials or completionist. Cumulative you end up spending a ton of time around lvl 8. Enough that if the aug were not a huge grindfest to get, it'd be fairly useful.

saekee

long live ROGUE

It is temp hp on crit, melee helper! With two going at the same time for a TWF, that would help greatly for squish builds.

Arkat

Founder & Super Hero
It is temp hp on crit, melee helper! With two going at the same time for a TWF, that would help greatly for squish builds.
Ah, ok. I don't do much in the way of TRing so I am rarely down at those levels.

I do have a level 10 toon that I intend to keep at level 10. Perhaps a Bodyfeeder augment would indeed be useful.