Teaching Raid Videos for New Players

Vooduspyce

Hey e1!

The High Lords of Malkier on Sarlona have been hosting community teaching raids for new players during the winter and spring every year since 2014. Below is a collection of videos and live streams of the events that I wanted to post here as a resource for all.

This collection represents every raid in the game!

Fire Over Morgrave (live stream)

Skeletons in the Closet with optional end fight (live stream)

Hunt or Be Hunted 3/26/22 (live stream)

Dryad and the Demigod 4/17/21 (live stream)

Project Nemesis 5/16/20 (live stream)

Too Hot to Handle (live stream tutorial)

Killing Time 2/9/19 (live stream)

Old Baba's Hut and The Curse of Strahd 5/12/18 (live stream)
  • Baba starts at about 8:00
  • Strahd starts at about 53:00
Riding the Storm Out 1/13/18 (live stream)

Shroud 1/3/15 (heroic)

Legendary Shroud 1/7/17 (live stream)

Epic Demon Queen (Zawabi's Revenge) 1/10/15
Epic Chronoscope 1/17/15

Hound of Xoriat (heroic and legendary) live stream 3/11/17 (pathing shown to heroic raid, using the hall tanking method. At the end of the heroic instance I discuss and compare the various methods)
A Vision of Destruction 1/24/15 (with pathing shown) note that legendary VOD is basically the same

Temple of the Deathwyrm and Fire on Thunder Peak 2/17/24 (live stream)

Fire on Thunder Peak 5/9/15
Temple of the Deathwyrm 1/31/15
Caught in the Web 2/14/15

Mark of Death 2/28/15

Tower of Despair 3/7/15

Abbot (Accursed Ascension) 3/14/15 (all puzzles shown)
Reaver's Fate 3/21/15

Fall of Truth 3/21/15
Epic Vault of Night (VON 5) 3/28/15

Epic Plane of Night (VON 6) 3/28/15

Twilight Forge (Titan pre-raid) 4/25/15

Titan Awakes 4/25/15

Epic Master Artificer 5/2/15 (with pathing shown) note that you no longer need to run through the slayer zone to get to the raid and there is no longer an epic option, just heroic and legendary, which are essentially the same

Epic Lord of Blades 5/2/15 (with pathing shown) note that you no longer need to run through the slayer zone to get to the raid and there is no longer an epic option, just heroic and legendary, which are essentially the same

Defiler of the Just 1/21/17 (live stream)

Legendary Tempest's Spine 4/1/17 (live stream) ...This is a MOD and TS event. TS starts at 1:18 in the video.

Also check out my Learning to Solo Raids video and you can find more raid videos on my Youtube channel!

Last edited:

Ying

5000+ hours played
Thank you for all of the raid teaching videos. Most people do not understand nor appreciate how much thankless effort goes into leading raids, let alone explaining a raid to a new-to-them player. You are the hero this community needs to get more people into raiding. I salute you.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Fire Over Morgrave added from our 1/6/24 DDOstream event!

When Lava Divers was pushing r10 FoM, Cammy figured out a tactic to range tank the boss during fire circle phases. The boss won't whip the melee if you tank him at ranged (person with agro outside the circle), instead he'll cast lightning strikes on the party over and over. As long as the party brings no-fail evasion or spell absorb for the lightning then this method can be used to help keep the melee safe during circle phases. There's also a sweet spot for ranged to stand just outside the fire circle where you won't get burned but can still hit the boss; so one can use a ranged threat tank for holding agro during the circle phases. Hopefully this gives people more options to figure out what methods work best for them in the raid.

Here's video footage from our testing of the method: