The 8th Season of the Hardcore League begins May 17th!

Mr Blue

March 2006
Raid items can be passed from one group member to another.

If I 6 box a quest, finish it, then 5 of my toons can pass all their loot to the main toon allowing me to gain 6 tokens from one run
Maybe they are going to do it like the mimic event? Tokens appear in your inventory when a mimic is killed? Make them BTA?

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Raid items can be passed from one group member to another.

If I 6 box a quest, finish it, then 5 of my toons can pass all their loot to the main toon allowing me to gain 6 tokens from one run
Threads can't be passed. They just have to flag whatever they use to not be passable.

BandVP

if the 5k reward is the **** foot steps. Can we please get Kobolds as a race. So we can be Kobolds running in the sewers of the Harbor with the **** foot steps?

Arkat

Founder & Super Hero
Technically Cordo said there wasnt a 5k reward there very well could be a 4k reward and or a 6k reward
No, there won't be a 4k or 6k reward.

What you'll likely have to do to get the golden footprints is to collect enough "thingies" from the special chests that I'm guessing will occasionally spawn in the dungeons.

The Narc

No, there won't be a 4k or 6k reward.

What you'll likely have to do to get the golden footprints is to collect enough "thingies" from the special chests that I'm guessing will occasionally spawn in the dungeons.
Lots of people have mentioned special tokens to collect and special spawns. None of this has been suggested or confirmed by a dev/cordovan. What cordovan has said is that they would not do another spawn thing similar to the hounds due to its bad reception by players(not me, i loved the hounds, mostly because it made multiboxing more painful).

My take on the way they have designed this hardcore this season is related to the ease at which they want everyone to get the rewards. To me it suggests they want everyone to blast thru the heroics and get to the endgame(i mean you can get to 1750 favor just by standard questing and levelling to cap). As for the reaper cloak that would be earned just running selective reaper on the way to cap and certainly as proven in previous hardcores, it is easy to get to 400k reaper and above at cap, especially if all the grouping is pushed to be right at that point.

It would make sense for them to make the gold footprints reward a hand in from some sort of token(maybe one that already exists at cap) at that point, this would require all the players to get to endgame a place the devs want the player base to be focused on. Then all they have to do is figure out a way to make it pay to win so that they can cash in, mostly on the players with limited time or patience.

Sylvado

Lots of people have mentioned special tokens to collect and special spawns. None of this has been suggested or confirmed by a dev/cordovan. What cordovan has said is that they would not do another spawn thing similar to the hounds due to its bad reception by players(not me, i loved the hounds, mostly because it made multiboxing more painful).

My take on the way they have designed this hardcore this season is related to the ease at which they want everyone to get the rewards. To me it suggests they want everyone to blast thru the heroics and get to the endgame(i mean you can get to 1750 favor just by standard questing and levelling to cap). As for the reaper cloak that would be earned just running selective reaper on the way to cap and certainly as proven in previous hardcores, it is easy to get to 400k reaper and above at cap, especially if all the grouping is pushed to be right at that point.

It would make sense for them to make the gold footprints reward a hand in from some sort of token(maybe one that already exists at cap) at that point, this would require all the players to get to endgame a place the devs want the player base to be focused on. Then all they have to do is figure out a way to make it pay to win so that they can cash in, mostly on the players with limited time or patience.
I was thinking the same thing about a reward doing something at 20+. Cordovan also mentioned he was thinking about running to 1750 on normal, could be something in that comment or just how he wanted to play it. Destiny points, perhaps but there are a few points you can buy so not likely?

The Narc

Its tomorrow still no news ?
Whatever it is, the special things wont take effect until level 6 or so, the milking of the whales for the tomes that are on sale must happen first.

Predict other tomes will be on sale in the next sale!! Would love to be a fly on the wall in the boardroom dev meetings!

Misadventure

Killing everybody on Hardcore with pleasure.
Whatever it is, the special things wont take effect until level 6 or so, the milking of the whales for the tomes that are on sale must happen first.

Predict other tomes will be on sale in the next sale!! Would love to be a fly on the wall in the boardroom dev meetings!
chicken-chicken-bro.gif

Frantik

Question... I get confused about level 20 in Hardcore. Can I enter level 16 quests (normal) at level 20 or does the EPIC level prevent me? Thanks!

Owlbear

Question... I get confused about level 20 in Hardcore. Can I enter level 16 quests (normal) at level 20 or does the EPIC level prevent me? Thanks!
Level difference is what will prevent you from entering the level 16 quest on normal. Level difference is going to be 2 and not 4. But also taking level 20 will lock you out of entering Heroic quests.

Last edited:

Sylvado

The lockout is +2 but to answer your question, you cannot enter a level 18 quest if you take level 20.

Socratesbastardson

Dionysian Enigma
I do believe you can enter the level 20 heroic quests as either heroic or epic, can someone confirm, chacka??
That's partly right. The general rule is once you take Epic (level 20), all heroic quests are locked out (exception below).
In the previous seasons the lockout applied even to heroic quests that are level 19 on normal. So despite the fact that a quest registers as level 21 on elite, you could not do it when you're level 20.
There are three exceptions to the no-heroic quests rule: The Dreaming Dark, Tower of Despair, and the Lord of Blades raid, all of which are level 20 on normal, but also listed as heroic. So if you were to do all of the flagging quests for The Dreaming Dark and Tower of Despair, you should be able to do the final quest from the chain when you're levels 20-22. I never personally tested this, but I was assured by other players that they had done so.
There may be more peculiarities that I don't know about (this is DDO, after all), so there may be someone who has corrections they can offer.
Personally I hate the Epic lockout, which adds what feels like a weird, artificial barrier that destroys whatever level of suspension of disbelief this game allows when you reach that stage.