The Ascendant Shroud: Vampire appears to be broken. any ideas on this?

Phteve

it states
You gain +1 Enchantment DC. Your melee attacks have a chance of Dominating your adversaries. On Hit chance to Paralysis (will save vs DC20 + Int mod + Enchant). On Save: -10% movement and attack speed.
Wiki puts the Dominate at 10%, thanks DDO wiki?

The problem I see is the Dominate AND the paralysis are ALWAYS together. it's not two variables that may happen independently. It's 1 thing may happen with two effects. Oh joy, my Dom is also paralyzed, not that I see it getting attacked by anything. Never Dom without paralysis and vice versa.

The Dom with wiki input should be on hit (10% of attacks without save??) It doesn't say it has chance to cast a Dom spell (with saves? what Dom spell, person or monster? ) and the paralysis is stated as on hit (every) attack with a Will save. with enough DC why is this only so often? What is broken here, why do these always proc together? what are the hidden cooldowns, restrictions and timers that are holding these two separate abilities from working independently as written?
(I posted this same in a Dev forum but so far no response).

Phteve

it states
You gain +1 Enchantment DC. Your melee attacks have a chance of Dominating your adversaries. On Hit chance to Paralysis (will save vs DC20 + Int mod + Enchant). On Save: -10% movement and attack speed.
Wiki puts the Dominate at 10%, thanks DDO wiki?

The problem I see is the Dominate AND the paralysis are ALWAYS together. it's not two variables that may happen independently. It's 1 thing may happen with two effects. Oh joy, my Dom is also paralyzed, not that I see it getting attacked by anything. Never Dom without paralysis and vice versa.

The Dom with wiki input should be on hit (10% of attacks without save??) It doesn't say it has chance to cast a Dom spell (with saves? what Dom spell, person or monster? ) and the paralysis is stated as on hit (every) attack with a Will save. with enough DC why is this only so often? What is broken here, why do these always proc together? what are the hidden cooldowns, restrictions and timers that are holding these two separate abilities from working independently as written?
(I posted this same in a Dev forum but so far no response).
so I knew some of these in game answers by just smacking things some more... it does seem to trigger both Dom & paralysis on humanoids, monstrous humanoids, constructs, undead (most types, haven't tried mummy or lich) ooze, vermin, aberrations. Not Will-o-Wisp & not red names, I suspect that anything immune to 1 of the effects is shieled from both (like the weewilliewispers). The dual effects appear to proc from Will save (priests just don't care as much) even though the Dom is only stated as a hit chance. Once effected there appears to be some delay time on allowing 2nd proc on same creature, with a low will save it should be pretty quick to re-apply but it doesn't seem to.

seph1roth5

The word "dominate" is just flavor text, it's not actually putting them under the charm effect of "dominate monster" or anything. It's a bit misleading but just pretend it says something like "Your melee attacks have a chance of stopping your enemies in their tracks" or something. What it does is paralyze, and 10% seems about right. It's very handy and powerful.