The Cupcake Muskateers Tavern welcomes You

Issiana

haha, true.
But also in all fairness, we only picked it up about 2 weeks ago and only have had 2 co op sessions so far.
Solo wise i've only just finished act 2 as i had other gaming things to attend to.

Issiana

In case anyones interested.
This is basically all i do in games these days (when i get a free moment which isnt often). In game music events in Black Desert Online.
So basically social RP stuff, hehe.

lets see if this works. (thats my channel btw) This was Yesterdays Halloween even in EU. I'm currently sorting the video for todays NA event.
Made for a very busy weekend :)

Tscheuss

Happy spooky season, everyone. :)

Iss, is the music system in BDO as good (or better) as the one in LOTRO?

Issiana

Happy spooky season, everyone. :)

Iss, is the music system in BDO as good (or better) as the one in LOTRO?
Hmm thats an interesting question...

I think lotro had some things better with how it sync'd the muiscians. One of BDO's issues (with the entire game tbh) is desync between players.
BDO was made for Korea PC cafe's so everyones playing on a 10ms etc ping.
Add in some on a 500ms ping with someone on a 25ms ping and some strange things can happen when you're grouped playing songs.
Sometimes those things work for good (ie 2 ppl on different pings playing the same instrument can make a wicked reverb) but most often it just makes chaos.

BDO' music composer system is a midi format and is limited to 1200 notes and 100 bars, but the range of instruments is pretty good. Much better than Lotro's range of instruments.

I think both games have their own pro's and con's tbh. The hardest thing i still struggle with in BDO's system is that note velocities play a huge role in making a chord sound good. just putting a chord in with no adjustments to each note can sound terrible.

The music folks can produce though... oh my... it's amazing.

I just uploaded the NA halloween event which was from the perspective of the lead band leaders view (me, lol) so you can see a little of the song managment system in some spots, but i mostly edited those out as much as possible to cut down on the quiet times.

doomboy

my weekly dnd session fell on halloween. since we're doing Ravenloft, i was all excited and had plans for my players.
then folks couldn't make it so we pushed it to next week :\

Tscheuss

Folks sometimes have other things to do on Halloween. A week delay will not hurt the atmosphere. ;)

Issiana

My weekly DnD has recently been BG3 coop mode.
I do miss the ravenloft we where doing, but the antics of playing a thief have been soooo much more fun. (aka nabbing stuff right under the noses of others, and getting them blamed for it, heh)

I'm sure though, that once ravenloft resumes for us as well, we will be highly energized with new antics to do, same with your group :)

cdbd3rd

Logged in to see the purple before it faded away. Went to Tele back to the safety of the Craft Hall and took an Oops left turn. ...

gl8ZEUQ.jpg

doomboy

Was magnetising some of my miniatures tonight.
usually ends up with my fingers being a mess of blood and superglue, but surprisingly little blood tonight, despite cutting myself a few times.
i think the skin around my fingers has toughened up lol.

Tscheuss

Was magnetising some of my miniatures tonight.
usually ends up with my fingers being a mess of blood and superglue, but surprisingly little blood tonight, despite cutting myself a few times.
i think the skin around my fingers has toughened up lol.
As long as you had fun. ;)

cdbd3rd

Wreck stuff: Tired of dancing with (and being insulted by) the other insurance company, hired my first injury lawyer company today.

Seems you really need to these days, but I still feel icky doing it.

Issiana

sometimes a big stick (or the threat of one!) is what it takes to motivate people.
Hate having to deal with Insurance issue claims. My last vehicle on my commercial policy took 2 months to get resolved, and that was work related.. ugh.
Wish you luck!

Issiana

Well, I will tip my Hat to Larian studios and say Baldurs Gate 3 is amazing.
It's been a very long time (Mass effect series tbh) since i've had this much enjoyment in a game title.

I've just finished my 2nd playthough as a very "disruptive" (lol) person hell bent on attempting to break things by doing what i do best in RP settings... Not doing what the DM would like! ... And... Kudos to Larian for pretty much covering things for folks like me. Yes i made a few plot holes and slight "really?" moments, but on the whole I had so much fun been an idiot and ending the game entirely alone haha.

Now to consider what to play next...

Tscheuss

I saw Cher performing on TV today. She's at least as old as my Oma, and she's still putting on a show. I guess CD's not as old as I thought. :p

Tscheuss

Wreck stuff: Tired of dancing with (and being insulted by) the other insurance company, hired my first injury lawyer company today.

Seems you really need to these days, but I still feel icky doing it.
You do what you need to do, CD. If you can survive WWII, you can survive this.

cdbd3rd

*Prys self out of recliner for an overdue trip down from the attic.*

You know all those threads over time discussing RNG and in-game dice rolls of one sort or another. If you REALLY wanna see how goofball the system is, put on a set of armor with a 15% ASF and see just how crazy it gets. Back-to-back percentile rolls - 5, 7, 11, 4, 1, 18.... Lol.

TR'd an old Wizard just to get a little game practice in before HC. First time dabbling around with EK and pulling on a set of Light armor. Luckily I pay my hirelings enough to cover me while I'm standing there tapping my spells and chuckling at the die rolls. :)

Issiana

i believe the rng is only as good as the seed it's programmed to. cut costs and get "interesting" rng, spend money and get almost actual dice

cdbd3rd

*grumble*

Check settings. Log out. Log in. Same.
Quit client
Means game threw away my settings. Again.
Close client. Fluff it.

*...but it's HC, so I'll drudge through it all again. ...This time.