The Cupcake Muskateers Tavern welcomes You

Different shot of lightning storm, no filter.

JbK1tgX.jpg

Then had extra time between appointments, so hit some yard sales.

Sometimes ya just gotta buy a thing cuz it is what it is, even tho you have no idea what you're gonna do with it. Yet.

r2aQyJ5.jpg

(It's exactly 1 foot between opposing facets.)
Totally empty inside? No candle holder or something obvous like that?

Tscheuss

Different shot of lightning storm, no filter.

JbK1tgX.jpg

Then had extra time between appointments, so hit some yard sales.

Sometimes ya just gotta buy a thing cuz it is what it is, even tho you have no idea what you're gonna do with it. Yet.

r2aQyJ5.jpg

(It's exactly 1 foot between opposing facets.)
Your lightning storm seems rather diffused; that is a lovely dodecahedron. :)

cdbd3rd

Your lightning storm seems rather diffused; that is a lovely dodecahedron. :)

I've been using the time-lapse setting, then clipping frames from that. Just a phone cam, and not one of the fancy (expensive) good ones.

The lamp... well, lemme grab a different angle. brb.

0eGuNyI.jpg

There's a spot for a something to fasten in. I'll probably fix something up with LEDs or such to minimize heat.

Last edited:

cdbd3rd

Oh, yeah. Watched the D&D movie last weekend.

It was... okay'ish. Most of the funny &/or well-done pieces were already shown in the trailer. So better than the last ones (low bar) but could've/should've been much better.

Tscheuss

I just started watching that movie this morning, but was interrupted. I should go finish it.
Re the lamp, I believe they make LED bulbs whose color and mode you can change from an app on your phone. ;)

doomboy

Oh, yeah. Watched the D&D movie last weekend.

It was... okay'ish. Most of the funny &/or well-done pieces were already shown in the trailer. So better than the last ones (low bar) but could've/should've been much better.
watched it with some friends whom i play dnd with.
honestly quite enjoyed it, and sure, they rule of cool'd some stuff but it felt like an actual campaign

LeslieWest_GuitarGod

Hey all. Gotta jump in on the movie review banter. I watched it with my wife, two sons and a friend. We all liked it. Its by FAR the best D&D movie ever done and it had excellent camera work, color and artwork. I walked out saying THAT WAS FREIKIN GREAT! Some genuinely funny stuff too. Movie was BRIMMING with personalities.

However -- I didnt feel it was on par with the Lord of the Rings or the Harry Potter storylines and thats really sucked to me.

Im also letdown that they did NOTHING to support DDO. At LEAST a mention at the end of the movie would have made SENSE and been such a MONSTER WIN for SSG.

Overall a MUST-SEE for DDO players.

Aelonwy

I enjoyed it, I sincerely hope there is a special edition DVD with the dice roll in the corner for particular attacks/skill checks. It would be pretty funny for instance to watch the scene with the mage repeatedly failing his umd check on the helm and just see a scroll of poor rolls. Or the bard at the beginning somehow succeeding at his bluff/diplo check on the judges.

cdbd3rd

Hey, I didn't say I DIDN'T like it! :D

"Okay'ish" is still decent praise. I just think it could've been so much better with modern tech and such good historical examples of how NOT to do a D&D movie.

Let's see how the next one goes.

Issiana

*wanders in to a sparkly clean cafe and looks totally dumbfounded*

Ok... who let in the cleaning warforged???
It's taken me years to pollute that corner over there making it just right for my specter to haunt this old smelly Tavern... No.... I'm lost...

Issiana

and why am i suddenly a "new member"???
Who stole my sig file???
argh........ panic.... worlds ending.....

*reaches for suitcase nuke*... must... reset.... world.....

Issiana

now that my mild panic and sudden desire to end the world has been shelved... *mutters* (for the moment)

I can now return to the original reason for the visit.

Thelanis has a new Gnome artificer ... ME! 😆

Several years on and I can still remember how things go... mostly... Although still a little confused over the change from elemental weapons to "imbued" dice. But i'll get there i guess.