The Cupcake Muskateers Tavern welcomes You

cdbd3rd

Thelanis has a new Gnome artificer ... ME! 😆

Several years on and I can still remember how things go... mostly... Although still a little confused over the change from elemental weapons to "imbued" dice. But i'll get there i guess.

Yeah, the "imbued" thing has an acrid aftertaste - another little-less-dnd feeling thing.

Make sure you put a couple days into HC server. A quick 100 favor run for the DPs isn't a bad thing.

PM me your Thelanis name and I'll mail ya a token.

Issiana

Yeah, the "imbued" thing has an acrid aftertaste - another little-less-dnd feeling thing.

Make sure you put a couple days into HC server. A quick 100 favor run for the DPs isn't a bad thing.

PM me your Thelanis name and I'll mail ya a token.
vixanne
Many things confuse me atm, so many expansions since i was last around.
I figured a VIP month would be enough but still hitting "can't access this" so guessing expac issues.
Still, almost 20 on a 1st TR and havent even entered the vale yet... Things sure have changed haha.

Issiana

Borderlands.

By far the most enjoyable and entertaining DDO time i've had.
Whoever made that chain was amazing.
Loved the wilderness area
Loved the questlines (those 2 gnolls and medusa got me smiling)
Loved the named gear drops

Such a good fun spot.
And I now have a horse at last ... and can dance emote on it... totally didn't expect that haha

cdbd3rd

Highlight of the week...

Our resident Robin has begun her second batch for the season. :)

15SmHan.jpg

I missed everything after the fledging of the last batch, so got me a new trail cam to set up for video captures.

cdbd3rd

Today's roller coaster! :)

Caught a yard sale this morning, scored a DVD set of Game of Thrones, seasons 1-7. (I have 1-4.) ...for $2.00. I've been meaning to get the rest watched even tho I know the end. For $2, I've a got a weekend binge coming up soon. :D

Then I got home and opened the mail. Reassessment from the county. (That's never good) 204% increase in assessed value. Over DOUBLE! *words*
*LOTS of words*

Yay, Friday? *facedesk*

Aelonwy

Then I got home and opened the mail. Reassessment from the county. (That's never good) 204% increase in assessed value. Over DOUBLE! *words*
*LOTS of words*

Yay, Friday? *facedesk*
You are going to have to look into how to protest property tax increases in your state/county. Texas, for instance, can only increase property value/taxes no more than 10% each year but that's still a huge YIKES! What is worse is your Home Owner's Insurance may also increase based on this supposed increase in value. They did this to my Mom repeatedly until they tax/insurance cost priced her out of being able to afford her home. I wish you the very best of luck.

Issiana

That sounds horrid.
I'm no longer caught out by those sort of events as I no longer own a place.
Was only supposed to be a temporary rent between purchases, but the longer i stay in this little place on the seaside in a very small township, the
less I want to own a property.

Issiana

My only interesting news from my weekend is that Discord has allowed me to be me!
I am the one and only issiana at last.
Kinda feels weirdly nice been one of a kind on the internet haha

cdbd3rd

You are going to have to look into how to protest property tax increases in your state/county. Texas, for instance, can only increase property value/taxes no more than 10% each year but that's still a huge YIKES! What is worse is your Home Owner's Insurance may also increase based on this supposed increase in value. They did this to my Mom repeatedly until they tax/insurance cost priced her out of being able to afford her home. I wish you the very best of luck.

Yeah, it's supposed to be 15% here, but they add a little quip about doing an "exterior inspection" (ball of carpfish)

I've been poking at the county's appeal site. *when it works*..... We're supposed to prove a negative - supplying appraisals, comps (nearby recent sales), pictures & documentation, etc.

cdbd3rd

That sounds horrid.
I'm no longer caught out by those sort of events as I no longer own a place.
Was only supposed to be a temporary rent between purchases, but the longer i stay in this little place on the seaside in a very small township, the
less I want to own a property.

If it's the same place ya showed pix of, yeah I'd stay there, too. :)

Aelonwy

Yeah, it's supposed to be 15% here, but they add a little quip about doing an "exterior inspection" (ball of carpfish)

I've been poking at the county's appeal site. *when it works*..... We're supposed to prove a negative - supplying appraisals, comps (nearby recent sales), pictures & documentation, etc.

Yeah, its so much bull-malarkey. My mom had her house leveled, she had to because the foundation was cracking. Added like 10k cost or something like that... immediately increased the "value" of the house and insurance and by more than the cost itself. So its a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

Issiana

CD, i think i might have messed up that invite.
I saw it and the item you sent just as i was logging off last week (forgot about the unconfirmed mail thing ) but the mails arent there today when i logged in.
Are they timed for auto return if not claimed? or do they just delete things?

cdbd3rd

CD, i think i might have messed up that invite.
I saw it and the item you sent just as i was logging off last week (forgot about the unconfirmed mail thing ) but the mails arent there today when i logged in.
Are they timed for auto return if not claimed? or do they just delete things?

No prob. Will send another one.
Unread mail times out in like 30 days or so. If you open the mail, it times out in 5 days'ish.

cdbd3rd

One too many straws today, hit my last 2 unsub buttons.

Was a time when a DirectX popup would "detect your settings can use DX10, yes or no?" Well, wouldn't matter which answer I'd choose it would always wipe out my entire INI file - graphics settings, audio, everything. Every month or two, no way to kill the process. Then... it stopped happening for ages. Until today. It hit me on the wrong day, in the wrong mood.

cdbd3rd

got it :)
Did the other mail return to you, or just vanish into nothingness??

Forced my way thru the maxxed audio and managed to uncramp my game display long enough to see I had no return mail.

Then I gathered up my HC debris and transferred off there. Gotta love some frozen load screens, amiright?