The Lost Thread - Ana won't open the door

Bettayne

I have tried playing the Lost Thread (solo, EE) multiple times and keep getting stuck at the same point.
I get to the room where Ana is, kill the slaver and, while Ana offers to try to open the barrier with her new powers, when I say "Give it a try" she doesn't.
I've tried to do the slaver fight by the shrines (where I have done it in the past with no issue) and by moving it to the door.
I've tried doing it with my Hireling (used for the multi-doorway/lever section) left outside the room, in the room with me, dismissed etc, with no difference.
Wherever the fight finishes up, whether Ana is close to the door, far away from it, in line of sight of it, with line of sight blocked, it makes no difference. She stands still, offers to try, then doesn't do a thing. The most I can get out of her is a slight turn on the spot.

Much as I would love to skip the quest and move on, it's a prerequisite for the next quest.

From an NPC perspective, there are probably 100+ freed slaves from the multiple attempts who are getting a bit annoyed with her because they can't leave that room. If they don't get free soon, they may have to resort to cannibalism to survive, as none of them can climb walls to get out the open roof of the room.

Can anyone suggest anything to work round the bug or offer any assistance?

Lazuli

A while ago, I encountered this bug when killing the slaver too close to the barrier. After realizing that, I started killing him more inside the room and I have never seen this bug again. I think it occurs when the drow and/or Ana are close to the barrier, but if you say you killed him near the shrine, then I have no idea what it could be.

Normally I have to talk to Ana twice to get her to remove the barrier, but I imagine you did that too.

In the final fight there is also a bug if you kill the drows too fast, before the PDKs have been freed from their cells. As a precaution, I now wait until all the cells have been opened before I start do big dps.

saekee

long live ROGUE
I had this happen some months ago and cannot recall what caused it. It may have been a DoT on an enslaved toon which then triggered some chain of events since it was still occurring after I had dropped the boss.

Bettayne

A while ago, I encountered this bug when killing the slaver too close to the barrier. After realizing that, I started killing him more inside the room and I have never seen this bug again. I think it occurs when the drow and/or Ana are close to the barrier, but if you say you killed him near the shrine, then I have no idea what it could be.

Normally I have to talk to Ana twice to get her to remove the barrier, but I imagine you did that too.
My first few tries I was near the shrine. I tried moving after getting the bug, but at varying distances (none seem to make a difference).

Yes - I have talked to Ana more than twice each time, with no joy.

Bettayne

I had this happen some months ago and cannot recall what caused it. It may have been a DoT on an enslaved toon which then triggered some chain of events since it was still occurring after I had dropped the boss.
Whether or not the other slaves have been released and irrespective of time after Drow Death, Ana is still unresponsive.
I have even tried exiting and re-entering the quest, to no avail.

i feel like this is happening to me once a life now. i have recalled, reset, and then it worked. i don't know exactly what i am doing differently. still not enough runs to be sure. maybe damaging Ana to much? or some? or at all? first run, i usually cc the prisoners, then try and kill him separately, but the second time i just went in guns a blazing, and whatever happened, it worked? as someone said, might have been dots on the spells? hitting the prisoners, or Ana. dots can do weird things, maybe even procing off the cc. and some of the new dots didn't exist when the quest was made. also, sometimes just slowing things down, and killing him slower? i don't know if there is a invisible trigger at like 50%, 25%, 10%? health? or something? and we just blow by it? you never know.

wish this quest didn't block 9? of the other quests/raid.

Dragavon

I have tried playing the Lost Thread (solo, EE) multiple times and keep getting stuck at the same point.
Are you 100% certain you have completed all quest objectives up to that point.

It is very often a problem that quest objectives are not completed and then a quest bugs out at some point.

Last edited:

Bettayne

Are you 100% certain you have completed all quest objectives up to that point.
Everything completed... other than the objective that Ana is not completing. All boxes ticked and everything done... there is literally nothing else left in the quest so far that I could do, other than disarm traps for optional XP.

Terpilar

My impression here is that if she doesn't move from her initial position before you talk to her after the fight, there's a bit of terrain just in front of her, on the corner of the platform IIRC, that prevents her from doing her scripted move, and she remains stuck here after trying to advance a few times. One needs to get her to aggro on something when she becomes hostile, so that she moves off the platform. At least after a reset that did it for me.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
The last few times I've done it (in recent weeks), Lolth likes to bug out at the end (the last phase before the exit) and not want take damage so she won't retreat. Usually 1 or 2 epic destiny or other lucky damage abilities can still hurt her and eventually allow the scripting to progress, but it's very much not working the way it use to.

Bettayne

My impression here is that if she doesn't move from her initial position before you talk to her after the fight, there's a bit of terrain just in front of her, on the corner of the platform IIRC, that prevents her from doing her scripted move, and she remains stuck here after trying to advance a few times. One needs to get her to aggro on something when she becomes hostile, so that she moves off the platform. At least after a reset that did it for me.
I can get her to move during the fight no problem... she doesn't become useless until after the fight.

Bettayne

The last few times I've done it (in recent weeks), Lolth likes to bug out at the end (the last phase before the exit) and not want take damage so she won't retreat. Usually 1 or 2 epic destiny or other lucky damage abilities can still hurt her and eventually allow the scripting to progress, but it's very much not working the way it use to.
Different Quest... I am still in the King's Forest

h46av8r

I had this problem several times. Each time I *think* because I had a DoT on her. You talk to her, she starts to go do her thing but gets interrupted by the DoT damage. Then no way to get her to try to move again. Specifically I had a bleed effect on her from my falcon I think. So I restarted the quest and, stupidly, DoT'd her again. But that time I waited to talk to her until the DoT wore off - worked fine.