The Subterrane

erethizon1

I always ask to run out to Hound and VoD..and yet they always say no lol

Kinda hate that they made that change tbh, it was half the fun getting to those the long way lol
Same. I get why they did it, but at the same time it removed a big chunk of the experience.
Did they finally make it so that heroic hound does not require running out there? It is very hard to get a group for that quest specifically because the run is still required (or still was relatively recently) so if they finally eliminated the heroic hound run that would be amazing. I run heroic VoD every life (often solo or with one other person) but only because the run to the raid was eliminated.

Arkat

Founder & Super Hero
Subterene seems like one of those areas that the devs could rework and add to instead of needing to develop new stuff.
While I would love that, the Devs have already made it so you don't have to run out to the Heroic raids (I think), so I'm not sure what they would add to make you want to run to any newer stuff?

For the record, I never minded running to heroic Hound or heroic VoD.

Mobius

I see what you did there
I like zones like this one, with the difference of it being a raid zone instead of a normal slayer area. Being able to experience these different flavors adds to DDO's longevity.

CherryBomb

Haha, I got one my first time in there, had no idea what was going on and after I looted it the group told me I was blacklisted for not handing it over to someone else.

Good times!(y)
You darned ninja looter. There were some players way back that demanded that all loot be put up for a roll. I was banned by a guild because I picked up some ear thing from an inspired quarters quest. My account was weeks old at the time and I had no idea what they were screaming about. lol

CherryBomb

I fumbled around in this wilderness for weeks trying to get enough planar shards to redeem a large bag. Never did get close to having enough before spending christmas money for points, some of which were used to get the bag from the store. Learned to despise this wilderness.

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
Having to EDIT: RUN kill a mob at the center of instant death just to get into the one raid... We have to go back!

Last edited:

Cheeps

Firm Member
You darned ninja looter. There were some players way back that demanded that all loot be put up for a roll. I was banned by a guild because I picked up some ear thing from an inspired quarters quest. My account was weeks old at the time and I had no idea what they were screaming about. lol
Haha, I prefer the term noob looter.

They didn't explain that what was theirs was theirs and what was mine was theirs.

Later if I joined a group or raid group that explained this, I would laugh at them, wish them luck and drop out quickly.

erethizon1

yes, time ago.
I just went back to test it and, unfortunately, you still have to walk to Heroic Hound of Xoriat. They improved heroic VoD when they added the legendary versions but Hound was left in the cold and is still unpopular to run because of the walk to the quest.

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
I just went back to test it and, unfortunately, you still have to walk to Heroic Hound of Xoriat. They improved heroic VoD when they added the legendary versions but Hound was left in the cold and is still unpopular to run because of the walk to the quest.
Yeah I was about to say, heroic hound was never changed. I wanted to run it to get the wraps but I can't understand how to solo that raid.

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
Having to kill a mob at the center of instant death just to get into the one raid... We have to go back!
You don't have to kill a mob at the center. Specifically, you MUST not kill mobs (the rangers) because you need them to run through the center. Dogs can also go through the center but it's a PITA.

erethizon1

Yeah I was about to say, heroic hound was never changed. I wanted to run it to get the wraps but I can't understand how to solo that raid.
Yes, the combination of its being very difficult to solo and a pain to get to makes it a tough one to get done (compared to every other easy heroic raid). As a result, it gets skipped most of the time. Heroic VoD however has become one I run every life thanks to the fact you don't have to walk to it anymore.

Ahpuch

Haha, I got one my first time in there, had no idea what was going on and after I looted it the group told me I was blacklisted for not handing it over to someone else.

Good times!(y)
Double win. You get the loot AND you don't have to run with those ass hats again.

Mystra

Goddess of Magic
It used to require complicated pathing and lighting to get to Vision of Destruction.
I drop in on Garamol from time to time. It is an evocative landscape
Oh snap... now I finally understand what the narrator meant at the start of VoD,

"Rushing through the fortress you finally come ..."