Threat Generation

Cashery

Wow! Nice! Is that standing or fully buffed? Mind me asking for your build & equip list? I'd love to work towards mimicing something like that!

My Pug Raid Tank is only 3rd life but handles everything we do. Newer raids on Hard and older ones on R1-4.

But he's only running 4k hp and 330+ AC / 383 PRR unbuffed. He has few reaper points also. He just sits at cap and does PUG raids on saturdays so he can pass runes to my main. But I'd love to figure out how to progress him to those heights.

I assume it's a matter of stacking Reaper trees for HP buffs and some choice gear.
That is standing in reaper self buffed. Trip completion on everything.

Link to old forums post. It’s lvl 30 build, which I never updated to 32. . A few tweaks to feats at epic destiny choices. All personal preferences, but the core info is there. Only gear changes were too put on winter heavy armor and put on the pally belt from Skelly raid.

Last edited:

Buckshank

Thank you all for having this conversation. I have a much better feel for this, and I'm on the right track.

Ying

5000+ hours played
Aggro generation has been an issue since imbues were introduced. I run an archer with 31 sneak attack dice and 15 imbue dice, and in R1 raids with 45% threat reduction I constantly pull aggro just by autoattacking. It's become a running joke in my guild when I pull aggro and the boss kills me. It's not a tank issue either -- it happens with different tanks. I'm not the only one in my guild with this problem. Other optimized ranged characters, especially those with a heavy imbue focus, pull aggro off the tank constantly.

One of the fundamental problems with threat generation is that Diversion items only affect the front number of an attack. It does not affect sneak attack, imbues, and other weapon procs. The other fundamental issue is that tank hate generation (ie, Intimidate) does not scale based on difficulty. It's much easier for tanks to grab and maintain aggro in high skull reaper than it is on Legendary Hard.