tome or feywilds

Randen

so im on my 2nd life and have been planning to do racial reincarnation to get some bonus racial enhancment points. right now there is a 25% sale on greater tome of heroic learnning so i have been wondring if i should buy it or wait on the off chance feywilds expansion go on sale . as a new player which do you think will better for me. also i dont have Feydark Illusionist so the expansion would let me get that as well as the quests and thier gear.

Buddha5440

Not quite sure what you're asking...

Feywilds won't give you any benefit for racial reincarnation (and there is plenty of content, even F2P, to get to lv 20 for a racial reincarnation). Feywilds only adds +1 Destiny Point, not RAP... if you buy the Ultimate bundle.

Greater Tome of Heroic Learning will last through the rest of your lives, so either get it now or wait until it goes on an even better sale.

Buddha5440

Feydark Illusionist can also be gained by simply running the quests 1 time on elite VIA a guest pass from someone who owns the pack.

Edit- Just recalled that there is no guest pass for Feywild.

Last edited:

Randen

thx for the reply, i was thinking about feywilds in term of gear to help make lvl 5 to 10/12 easier at which point there is better gear but ya the tome seems to be the best answer for now.

Arcanaverse

Solver of Secrets
so im on my 2nd life and have been planning to do racial reincarnation to get some bonus racial enhancment points. right now there is a 25% sale on greater tome of heroic learnning so i have been wondring if i should buy it or wait on the off chance feywilds expansion go on sale . as a new player which do you think will better for me. also i dont have Feydark Illusionist so the expansion would let me get that as well as the quests and thier gear.

That's a really tough choice. Both are excellent options, but if we can only pick one... I think I'm leaning towards the Feywild expansion. The goodies within are top notch and will be presumably have the best stuff for low-mid heroics (and can be stretched till you hit high epic/legendary content) for years to come and is easily one of the better options for new players getting to legendary as well.

Course that's timing aside, I'm still team Feywild. It'll go on sale eventually, but if it doesn't happen soon with the summer sales... it may be a few months. I'd be shocked if it didn't end up on sale before the end of the year though.

Buddha5440

In the interim, just find someone who does Cannith Crafting on your server. They can fill in whatever you need gear-wise. You won't get set bonuses but you will be able to cover all your bases. I usually use CC gear until Lv. 10( Ravenloft sets), as you can have a lv 1 weapon withd+4d6 damage (force/light, Bludgeoning/Slashing/Piercing, and two elemental augments), then again from 15/16 to legendary as I farm the right gear.

Also, try and get a craftable trinket (they drop Ultra-rare in anything and can be won from Events, or bought in the store, or be made from a Shard of Power from The Shroud or Devil Assault), (I once found one in a breakable on Sorrowdusk) and can be crafted with most things).