Too many crafting systems!

Kiany

My main toon with the carries the important bags with her and has the other bags in the bank.
That includes augment bags, filigree bags all the collectibles etc. It's the toon that has most bankspace and cannith crafting 400 etc.
I can make anything on her thats BTA or just put a certain bag in te shared bank.
This strategy would definitely work for me considering right now I'm just playing 1 toon essentially. I'm hoping there are some sales coming up on bags, bank slots, inventory slots, etc. I have the bare minimum, except what can be unlocked with favor and what not in game.
I'm sure it would make my life way easier if I just invent in more space lol

l_remmie

Get that bankspace. Getting a little bit annoyed and frustrated thousands of time is not worth those few bucks. Your mental health is worth so much more even those tiny things matter.

Smokewolf

Most crafting systems are nearly contained to 1 area or questpack. I don't see that as much of a problem.
What i do see as a problem is all the crafting systems and collect-turn-in systems that are horribly outdated.
Those should be removed or simplified and updated.
They have done such things before. Clutter and outdated loot looks unprofessional and annoys people.
Problem is that there are too many systems that do NOT support each other. With each subsequent system coming into play outclassing the previous. Hence it is far better to consolidate the older systems, both to simplify their mechanics, and to allow for future systems that can build on the old ones. Thus providing value for the older systems as the game continues to progresses forward.

Last edited:

l_remmie

New systems that expend or build on old ones is a good design idea but not always apropriate in every game it has pros and cons.

In any case old decrepated systems with outdated rewards should be either removed or updated and maybe integrated.

Smokewolf

New systems that expend or build on old ones is a good design idea but not always apropriate in every game it has pros and cons.

In any case old decrepated systems with outdated rewards should be either removed or updated and maybe integrated.
Its far better than having multiple systems that are either unused or you can't get mats for as few serious groups desire to run the legacy content.

florela41

How do you guys organize your crafting materials? I just came back from a break, and I have so many characters with random materials on them. Do you keep all of your green steel in one ingredients bag and store it in the shared bank? I recently wanted to craft something from eveningstar and I had to log in to each of my toons to check for that specific crafting ingredient in all of the bags.
Personal problem, but it just feels bad.
Is there an easier way?
by dragging bags over the shared bank area. boom. all together except whats BTC

TavernTails

Tuesday Trivia Host on DDOstream
by dragging bags over the shared bank area. boom. all together except whats BTC
Same. I just dump everything into the Crafting Storage tab by dragging my bags over there regularly. With the new search bar, I can find anything just by typing a few letters.

Reactions: dur

florela41

This strategy would definitely work for me considering right now I'm just playing 1 toon essentially. I'm hoping there are some sales coming up on bags, bank slots, inventory slots, etc. I have the bare minimum, except what can be unlocked with favor and what not in game.
I'm sure it would make my life way easier if I just invent in more space lol
House J has medium collectible bag for sale in shop.