TWF build for End Game

Eleazzar

Anyone have a build to post an outline of or a complete build to 31 for a TWF Assimar Scourge Ranger build? I am fine with Multi-classing as long as it is better than pure ranger.

Any help on Stats, Feats, etc is appreciated. I have a +8 tome with 8 Racial live, heroic and epic completionist..

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Personally, I go STR w/ longswords. 41 into tempest, 31+ into DS, 2 into Falcony (for the extra favored enemy). Put the rest into your racial tree and max out Hamp

Coffey

The only real question is DEX or STR?

WIS ~ is another option if you go Falconry 12 AP for Hit / Damage. Falconry Bird attacks with 30% damage on helpless targets and Trance etc is an option 27 AP. You can use any melee weapons.

Heavy Maces added crit damage multiplier cost 17 AP in Scourge tree.

STR ~ Can use Stunning Blow (Feat) and Trip / Improved Trip (Feat). Both work with Strike Through of DoD.
You can use any melee weapons. Harper Tree Know the Angles can be used as a trance to increase damage as well as Tactical DCs for 6-8 AP using INT as a secondary stat.

DEX ~ Limits you to Scimitars or light melee weapons. DEX gives higher AC in light armor. Harper Tree Know the Angles can be used as a trance to increase damage.

INT ~ Harper Agent INT to Hit / Damage and Trance for 12 AP. Good for Dark Hunter trapper. Can use any melee weapons.

Last edited:

Lotoc

for outright optimal dps on a ranger build you'd likely want to go strength based and an 18-1-1 split (1 fvs or cleric for low enhancement point cha/wis trance, 1 warlock for aura and arcane warrior), additionally dark hunter for the sneak attack dice rather than default ranger
Pick up rage in Fury of the Wild, go at least 11 points in shadow dancer for sneak dice and also get evasion if you feel like losing it from going DH is too big of a tradeoff.

Main ED tree for a melee ranger should work well with
  • Divine Crusader (if lawful, 12d6 law damage on hit in t5 and mass res for raid utility)
  • Dreadnaught (infinite action boosts pretty much, self clear CC, best epic moment for overall DPS)
  • Fury of the Wild (huge health pool due to primal lore, solid AoE CC, overall probably the best effects for a dual wield dps throughout the tree)

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
I've had fun with a dex-based tempest a few lives back, with the dex trance. The dex-based dodge clicky was nice in higher skulls. I didn't have the top gear set I wanted, though, so could've been better dps.

Thulsadoom

I have played over 30 lives of ranger 95% of those were melee, come to think of it, probably more than 30. Most of those were Tempest 41 AP, 31 AP in deepwood. Dex based with Scimitar. Done. The other stuff is trying to make things work that you have an idea for. Look at tier 4 tempest, you can have your dex mod added to your defense with dodge bonus, dex for evasion, armor class......Look at the cores.... fort bypass among other things like double strike. The debuff of deepwood at level 18 is amazing. Debuff on raid boss for whole raid group? It's amazing for team players interested in success and not the kill lead. This past week I have been thinking hard on-going ranger again and doing tempest with vistani knife fighter. In my opinion I think this could be the best currently, with the capstone in vistani and the tier five in tempest. This could let you take two levels in some multiclass because no ranger capstone is used and grab low hanging fruit somewhere.

Last edited:
The only reason I go STR and longswords Is because you get a much broader weapon selection, plus a better crit multiplier w/ Knight’s Training. Basically more dps in the end.

That said, if they ever make Knight’s Training work with scimitars, I’m going full dex.

Eleazzar

I have played over 30 lives of ranger 95% of those were melee, come to think of it, probably more than 30. Most of those were Tempest 41 AP, 31 AP in deepwood. Dex based with Scimitar. Done. The other stuff is trying to make things work that you have an idea for. Look at tier 4 tempest, you can have your dex mod added to your defense with dodge bonus, dex for evasion, armor class......Look at the cores.... fort bypass among other things like double strike. The debuff of deepwood at level 18 is amazing. Debuff on raid boss for whole raid group? It's amazing for team players interested in success and not the kill lead. This past week I have been thinking hard on-going ranger again and doing tempest with vistani knife fighter. In my opinion I think this could be the best currently, with the capstone in vistani and the tier five in tempest. This could let you take two levels in some multiclass because no ranger capstone is used and grab low hanging fruit somewhere.
Trying to figure out the abilities with a +8 tome. Not sure if I need Str or alot of Wis if I an Dex so this is what I have so far.

So far I have the following:

Str +8
Dex +18 - All levels
Con +18
Int +12
Wis +10
Cha +8

Holmgang

Would this kind of build work for a dark hunter?

Teh_Troll

The only reason I go STR and longswords Is because you get a much broader weapon selection, plus a better crit multiplier w/ Knight’s Training. Basically more dps in the end.
With the double-dip on DEX and the trance, Scimitars and long sword/khopesh are very close in damage with STR only being ahead by a few %.

DEX has some advantages, as does STR. It's pretty close to balance.

With that said I'm currently STR.

Thulsadoom

Trying to figure out the abilities with a +8 tome. Not sure if I need Str or alot of Wis if I an Dex so this is what I have so far.

So far I have the following:

Str +8
Dex +18 - All levels
Con +18
Int +12
Wis +10
Cha +8
Your perfect with that, with plus 8 on tomes you will be covered to cast 4rth level spells. I usually take quicken and empowered healing. I have group healed plenty of times in reaper with this when I am playing with people that won't heal each other if you're not with friends. I usually go for 14 or 12 wisdom and 16 constitution but I play as a team orientated player to guarantee I have heals.

Last edited:

Thulsadoom

With the double-dip on DEX and the trance, Scimitars and long sword/khopesh are very close in damage with STR only being ahead by a few %.

DEX has some advantages, as does STR. It's pretty close to balance.

With that said I'm currently STR.
You cannot go wrong with DPS, my play style is more overall character value, that saying armor class, evasion, 4rth tier in tempest dodge bonus from dexterity has saved me time and time again and has proved invaluable. Soul stones do not do DPS, what would be my DPS calculation if I died 10 times in a R10? Compared to Dieng only once? Let's just say 9 minutes as a soul stone. How much DPS would i do in 9 more minutes in a quest if I didn't die as much? This is my train of thought. In my opinion I think this wins.

Thulsadoom

Your perfect with that, with plus 8 on tomes you will be covered to cast 4rth level spells. I usually take quicken and empowered healing. I have group healed plenty of times in reaper with this when I am playing with people that won't heal each other if you're not with friends. I usually go for 14 or 12 wisdom and 16 constitution but I play as a team orientated player to guarantee i have heals.

Would this kind of build work for a dark hunter?
Not in my opinion Holmgang. If I went Dark Hunter, I would have to work in level 6 core from Deepwood Sniper. This gives auto sneak attack on hit with NO save. I wouldn't put the investment in DC for dark hunter to make the auto attack sneak attack damage from their. For me it would be to much of an investment and drag the character down. The level core 12 in Dark Hunter is such great Damage that I would take advnantage of it with a guarantee NO save.

Last edited:

Alco

Strimtom has a TWF tempest ranger build that uses heavy maces. I am currently running it at cap and it is a lot of fun. I originally went with it because I had a Beacon of Day/Beacon of Night set that I wanted to use and it is surprisingly effective at end game.