U69 P2: Myth Drannor Loot

Driaza

So .. with only a brief review of whats coming for the loot.

The new loot is level 33 loot not 34. So only 1 level above the current max level 32 gear

I dont think this makes me need to, or want to, re-gear any of my toons which are already fully kitted out

It does give an opportunity for less geared toons to catch up a bit.

It feels a bit similar to what the borderlands level 21 gear achieved. If you already had maxed out level 20 gear sets the borderlands stuff did not do much for you. But if you were newer it gives you a significant power boost.

Mixed feelings:

On one hand i am glad i dont need to regear - on the other a bit sad nothing much there for me (albeit a cursory review only)

Oh and with regards the level 13 loot - looks nice but i wont be changing my HTR/RTR/ITR gear sets which i already have for levels 5/10/15

Rull

New gear is not breaking BiS gearing without combining a few of the weaker effects eg artifact hit and damage and profane hit and damage

Compare a set like Devils Infernal Dance
artifact primary stat
artifact con
artifact double strike
artifact fort bypass
artifact melee power

You would need 5 Sun items to replace 3 items even disregarding artifact rp/dshot (rip melee ranged hybrids) and the other artifact stats. If some pieces are individually strong they might make it in but most of the well designed gearsets will be staying with existing sets for now as they give more effects per item.

Quite possibly you'll soon be wearing just one old set (4 or 5 artifact bonuses on 3 items) supplemented with 9 new items. Or maybe 6 new 6 old on average, which is exactly what they should be aiming for with a major update like this. The power level of the sun/moon approach seems about right in that regard (especially the moon items could replace dreadcurse/forbidden quite easily it seems).

It depends on the individual items in the end, but the fact that they do not give 4 artifact bonuses on 3 items doesn't necessarily mean that you won't be wearing a LOT of these items still.

The armors feel a bit weak. I'm not saying doubleslot them with sun+moon, but boost them all a bit with a fourth stat.

Spook

Quite possibly you'll soon be wearing just one old set (4 or 5 artifact bonuses on 3 items) supplemented with 9 new items
Not likely no as the best gear sets combine the most number of bonuses possible eg 3pc vecna 3pc perfected wrath or double set gomf etc.

I expect profane sets to be broken up first (but those sets can be on weapons/rings/shields so also unlikely) as they are the most inefficient sets but most of the moon augment items look a bit weak right now.

I don’t see many of us with close to optimal sets changing much until the raid - maybe just the artifact (though ideally we get an artifact with a sun/moon slot)

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
I say heroic loot is obsolete with an off piece here and there because no one re-gears every 2 or 3 level. This brings nothing new to the table.
If the quests are boring and repetitive no need at all for doing this on heroics.
And what I have seen so far it doesn't really change in legendary ... So this whole expansion hinges on the raid and the rxp in legendary ... good luck selling this.

I like the augment system. It has potential.

Cheers,
Titus

Last edited:

DBZ

So just wait for the real 34 gear again got it

Raid weapons or any weapons need Salt and Magma that work

Last edited:

Lacci

I kind of like the augment system instead of set bonuses. I always found it a bit frustrating when you got some item that was better than the one you were using, but didn´t equip it because it broke up the set bonus.
Also, sometimes I was using an item that was almost useless to me just to get a set bonus.
So I can see an advantage in the augment. Just remains to be seen how much grind it will be to get those augments...

Geezer

Yes, it seems like a PITA to me. You have to farm the gear, and then you also have to farm the augments. So basically, thats a double grind. Unless they plan on selling the augments in the store???

Reactions: DBZ

voenixa121

Yes, it seems like a PITA to me. You have to farm the gear, and then you also have to farm the augments. So basically, thats a double grind. Unless they plan on selling the augments in the store???
It will all depend on the drop rates. Will they drop like filigrees or will they drop like bonepickers?

Abax11

I say heroic loot is obsolete with an off piece here and there because no one re-gears every 2 or 3 level. This brings nothing new to the table.
If the quests are boring and repetitive no need at all for doing this on heroics.
And what I have seen so far it doesn't really change in legendary ... So this whole expansion hinges on the raid and the rxp in legendary ... good luck selling this.

Cheers,
Titus

lvl 13 gear probably can be useful if you don't use the progress of 5/10/15 or to fill some of the lvl 15 slots or missing stats but probably not worth the investment to use a lot of them specially if drop rates are low.

Refutor

the images won't come up at work....is there an additional bonus for using 3 or 5 sun/moon augments?

• Haha

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak

Cheers,
Titus
I agree. I wont touch/change my heroic leveling sets. It works fine for R1-4 runs till cap. ML 3 Saltmarsh gear/ML5 Feywild gear/ML 8 ToEE + ML 10 Ravenloft gear/ML 15 Sharn gear till cap + fillers. Not mentioning epic gear here.

Tho it seems to me it offers another leveling gear set swap for ML 1-6 whatever/ML 7 IOD/ML13 Myth Drannor/ML 18 Vecna set.

Both can be good but I think ML 3/5/10/15 sets are far more usefful and makes more sense to me. Maybe the ML 7/ML13/ML18 sets good for those who dont own Sharn or play specific build and those sets are better compare to the other possibility but I doub it.

For new players there are these 2 ways, dont need to buy all the big expansions all at once. For Veterans it is not so valuable.

droid327

If anything I think this just cements your L13/15 gear that you wear to 29/31 now. It's gonna be hard to Tetris out those A/P bonuses for Blands gear or anything else early-mid epic without sky slots

Sands sets upgrade at 20 but that's about it. I don't think anyone uses L20 salt sets lol

saekee

long live ROGUE
And it's literally totally devalued all previous gear, include raid stuffs. Who need +3 profane well rounded from 5 gear piece if now it only one?! Why bother run H&H for 3 aug set for 10% to HP at ML30, if now you can get 20% at ML13?! Who need +2 Insight Spell Focus Mastery from raid ML27 gear, if now it available at non-raid ML13?!! Etc etc etc...

What's weed you're smoking, devs?! Stop it, it convert you in mindless slug! 🤣
To get all the same things from a 5 piece profane set, you would essentially need 5 augmented new pieces of gear (am using a phone so cannot survey perfectly the tetris). For example, one piece would give the profane damage, another the PRR, etc. so it does not make sense to dump your gearset.
However, suppose you like your old Ravenloft set, you can add the profane damage boost now to bring it on par with IoD or Vecna; or your Silent Avenger set can now get its 15MP missing with a single Sun artifact boost.
This is why I like this. On my main, right now, I have a tight gearset that I probably will not be able to modify but on another toon at cap, I am looking at the cape and augment.

Rosze

I think this is actually not a bad balance of things. I think it’s nice to have at least one set of gear that is very flexible. It won’t mean that I have to change all my gear but I might change some and I can get exactly what I need rather than needing to change every set around.

Archangeluriel

I may be missing something with my build ideas, but most of this gear is not it. There were a few items that definitely stood out but for the most part, most of the gear is still falling in comparison to the older content. I was not expecting this to be more of a lateral move but instead should be BIS since it's the new HIGHER LVL gear and should have the stats to go with it?

Rosze

I may be missing something with my build ideas, but most of this gear is not it. There were a few items that definitely stood out but for the most part, most of the gear is still falling in comparison to the older content. I was not expecting this to be more of a lateral move but instead should be BIS since it's the new HIGHER LVL gear and should have the stats to go with it?
If they were the best in slot we would have people complaining about power creep. There’s no winning. I mean I was hoping they would be maybe the best you can have but partly glad it’s not.