Ultimate returning/new player topic

Zxt_the_grand

I played back when level cap was 10, we met weekly for velah, continued to when cap went to 12 then 14 and we grinded titan and DQ. I've quit and now the game is in a completely different place. I still love this game enough to learn how far it's come but I'm struggling to find anything(sorta). I know the game has received some major updates over the last year, mainly 3.5 to 5.0 and honestly trying to keep up with all the things that have changed and I love the research. Questions I have include -

When I'm researching and I find old guides, what update is considered no use (U55? U56? U59?)

I want to set up a character to focus on TRing.

Maybe there is no explanation for me in the current context but maybe someone can relate and explain to me in a way that helps me understand where the game currently is - I love this community and everytime I get on I meet plenty of awesome people

Contessor

Firstly, welcome back. I played back in those eras as well. And yes the game is totally different today.

I would suggest taking a character to 32 (current cap) and figure out what part of the game you like most. End game (high difficulty and raiding) is a bit more social and slower paced. Levelling is pretty much zerging and soloing or small groups.

At level 30, you can epic TR and gain past life’s, which takes you back to 20. If you went to 32 originally, those legendary levels will be given back once you get to 30 again. Epic TRs are pretty quick if you only do 2-3 per TR cycle because of the first time bonus XP and if you run a lot of sagas, you can turn those in after you epic TR. so those past lives are easy to grind and they are some of the stronger ones.

Most will do heroic racial past life and 2-3 epic past lives per TR cycle.

You also now have iconic options. These start at level 15 and you must take to 30 to TR. but you get 2 past life feats doing this as you get an iconic and class past life concurrently.

Lastly there are archetypes now. These give you a different past life benefit than the original class. But you can use that to qualify for completionist or the original class past life.

Zxt_the_grand

Firstly, welcome back. I played back in those eras as well. And yes the game is totally different today.

I would suggest taking a character to 32 (current cap) and figure out what part of the game you like most. End game (high difficulty and raiding) is a bit more social and slower paced. Levelling is pretty much zerging and soloing or small groups.

At level 30, you can epic TR and gain past life’s, which takes you back to 20. If you went to 32 originally, those legendary levels will be given back once you get to 30 again. Epic TRs are pretty quick if you only do 2-3 per TR cycle because of the first time bonus XP and if you run a lot of sagas, you can turn those in after you epic TR. so those past lives are easy to grind and they are some of the stronger ones.

Most will do heroic racial past life and 2-3 epic past lives per TR cycle.

You also now have iconic options. These start at level 15 and you must take to 30 to TR. but you get 2 past life feats doing this as you get an iconic and class past life concurrently.

Lastly there are archetypes now. These give you a different past life benefit than the original class. But you can use that to qualify for completionist or the original class past life.
Thank you for explaining, after research of my own I've also decided to make a 'main', nothing crazy hardcore but a few past life's(currently finishing my 4th) then I'm going to focus on end game content - personally this style definitely seems to fit me better

While slowly chipping away at my alt when I feel like mindless zerging and chillin