Update 59.2 Release Notes

Speed

Latest patch 59.2 introduced random blue screen on 64 bit client on Windows 10.
Yesterday my party friend had blue screen during quest "Frame Work".
Today I had blue screen during checking Auction House in Marketplace.
We have completely different modern computers and internet connection (very stable and fast).
We never had blue screen in last few years.
It started since yesterday with latest patch.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
Latest patch 59.2 introduced random blue screen on 64 bit client on Windows 10.
Yesterday my party friend had blue screen during quest "Frame Work".
Today I had blue screen during checking Auction House in Marketplace.
We have completely different modern computers and internet connection (very stable and fast).
We never had blue screen in last few years.
It started since yesterday with latest patch.
Might want to check drivers for updates. Otherwise, try to repeat the conditions and replicate the issue and report what exactly happened step by step so it can be isolated and fixed. Chances are it's a graphics conflict though, or a sound issue, just broadly guessing with the info here. And that usually means drivers.

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
Might want to check drivers for updates. Otherwise, try to repeat the conditions and replicate the issue and report what exactly happened step by step so it can be isolated and fixed. Chances are it's a graphics conflict though, or a sound issue, just broadly guessing with the info here. And that usually means drivers.
I'm not bluescreening, but the 64bit did start closing unexpectedly for me when zoning. Drivers are all updated, and no other game is crashing for me. It happens on at least two of my characters.
When I changed to the 32bit version, it stopped, and has worked fine for me since.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
I'm not bluescreening, but the 64bit did start closing unexpectedly for me when zoning. Drivers are all updated, and no other game is crashing for me. It happens on at least two of my characters.
When I changed to the 32bit version, it stopped, and has worked fine for me since.
The game will alt tab itself with me too, usually if I hit afk for some reason or another. Takes about 5 min? give or take. 64 bit.
No idea why it does that though.

Kimbere

This is one of the line items in the patch notes:

General Changes:​

• Adjustments have been made to the recently-released Hidden/Danger alert audio and icons. The alert volume has been decreased significantly, the look of the icons have been updated to be more consistent with other game icons that make reference to traps and hidden doors, and the icons are now smaller.

My response to that is: "Oh, really?"
BRxodAf.jpeg

If the patch note is accurate, I can only imagine the disaster this would have been before the update...

Please give us the ability to toggle the visual icons and audible alerts on/off independently in the in-game Options menu.

Buddha5440

Question, are you using the drivers from the GPU manufacturer or the drivers from the graphics chip manufacturer (ie. Amd or Nvidia)? The drivers from AMD/Nvidia are almost always a better bet than the card manufacturer. Also, as was mentioned above, try a driver rollback. The newest drivers often don't respond well to old games, and DDO is getting a little long in the tooth.

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
Question, are you using the drivers from the GPU manufacturer or the drivers from the graphics chip manufacturer (ie. Amd or Nvidia)? The drivers from AMD/Nvidia are almost always a better bet than the card manufacturer. Also, as was mentioned above, try a driver rollback. The newest drivers often don't respond well to old games, and DDO is getting a little long in the tooth.
Using the ones straight from Nvidia.
Also, didn't update them around the patch, and never had crashing issues before with DDO.

Still, changing back to 32bit solved it for me, so not going to bother with the rollback for now.