VIP: what adventure packs are included?

I decided to try out VIP on another account (the name visible here is not an account name). The VIP page comparison chart seems to suggest that ALL adventure content is available to VIPs, but when I am logged into this other account, visit Saltmarsh, and try to exit the ship into the town, I get the usual "you do not own this content, visit the ddo store" type of message.

What adventure content is not available to VIPs?

Last edited:

Cyran

I decided to try out VIP on another account (the name visible here is not an account name). The VIP page seems to suggest that ALL adventure content is available to VIPs, but when I am logged into this other account, visit Saltmarsh, and try to exit the ship into the town, I get the usual "you do not own this content, visit the ddo store" type of message.

What adventure content is not available to VIPs?
Quests included in a expansion/mini expansion not include which are quests from

Menace of the Underdark
Shadow of Conspiracy
Mist of Ravenloft
Mastermind of sharn
Fables of the Feywild
Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh
The Isle of Dread
Vecna Unleashed

Thanks for the information. "Adventure Packs - VIP: Full Access Premium: Purchasable Free: Purchasable" is rather shady then, and one shouldn't be required to visit an off-site wiki for real information. I guess an addendum to the VIP Account info page should be proposed; something along the lines of:

Hey there intrepid adventurer! Are you wondering, "Why I can't get into these many Adventure Packs? I am supposed to have Full Access with my VIP Account!" Well, while those areas you are trying to get into are Adventure Packs, they are not included in the Full Access VIP account, which is very much not Full Access, even though the term Full Access....without an asterisk, or something (i.e. Full Access*)...is not interpretable as meaning anything other than Full Access. But no, VIP will not be getting you Full Access to those 200+ adventures, or any of the associated wilderness areas, but only "Full Access." We hope that clears things up, and thanks for your subscription!

Discount Gandalf

There's a difference between adventure packs and expansion packs. It isn't super clear which is which, even through the in game store since pack content and expansion content get lumped into the same area. Unless you are in the know about what is exactly expansion content it is understandable why a person might be confused. I agree it's convoluted and should be clarified a bit more.

Dandonk

Beater of Dead Horses
The continued devaluation of VIP due to the yearly (mini-)expansion releases was supposed to be addressed with the VIP Loyalty Program. I mean, we haven't gotten a free-to-VIP adventure pack since novemeber '22 I believe.

So now we get awesome stuff like Durability Ward 10%!!!! I mean, that alone nearly makes up for the devaluation, right?!??!

For some reason that I cannot think of, some people* are calling the Loyalty Program a Laughable Program. Weird, right?

* me

Last edited:

Discount Gandalf

I do agree they could be more clear...and put that clarification all over the place....several times
You do have a point though. It is there in the VIP page. But I can see why someone might not understand that saltmarsh adventure pack in the ddo store isn't actually an adventure pack, it's an expansion. Maybe they should rename them so that they are listed as Saltmarsh expansion quest pack?

GrayJedi AntiProPaladin

yah I mean I'm Not saying I'm like "satisfied" with that or what-not; and I would definitely like to see more VIP included adventure packs and benefits bcuz who wouldn't want more great benefits as VIP.... like, personally I want....well a whole bunch of stuff that's in that big thread of VIP ideas :)

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
*rant mode engaged* I hate to say it but they haven't done a very good job overall with what is and isn't when it comes to VIP benefits, Year of the Dragon, sales, VIP loyalty rewards, etc... This is just the communication part. SSG needs to do better. It's so frustrating playing a game that is so awesome and has so much potential, only to have it ruined by a myriad of issues that range from a lack of communication (or mis-communication), lag, bugs, outages, and a myriad of other things. I really am rooting for SSG but they keep giving me stones to throw @ them. :confused: