WE NEED MORE SHARED CRAFTING STORAGE SLOTS!

Shadow

Yeah im wondering after they have added so much shared storage slots why no shared crafting storage slots have been added ive hit max crafting storage of 2045 5+ times by now so many collectibles so many augments and filligrees way to many different crafting materials for so many events and other stuff for the love of the gods SSG add more!

Shadow

What we really need is bigger stacks. Why filigrees don't stack? or collectibles which stack only on 10, or 100?
except most if not all collectables stack to 500 and all duplicate filigrees stack to 4 the issue is if your like me and have been playing for long enough you end up with so much of everything im mainly talking about crafting storage in the bank if your using a crap collectables bag thats why they dont stack higher

Ahpuch

except most if not all collectables stack to 500 and all duplicate filigrees stack to 4 the issue is if your like me and have been playing for long enough you end up with so much of everything im mainly talking about crafting storage in the bank if your using a crap collectables bag thats why they dont stack higher
But lots don't stack that high. The Sharn ingredients, for one, only stack to 100 and filigrees only stack to 5. This is made worse because those Sharn ingredients stack to 2500 in a large bag. If you drop a large bag into your collectable storage, it would unload those 8 stacks of 2500 into 200 bank slots. There are a significant number of these small stacks that just blow out your shared bank storage if one doesn't pay attention.

There is absolutely no reason for all these different stack sizes especially in the shared bank. The stacking limit should be based on the coding limit (ie max short, max int, etc). It is more efficient to store 3,456 Magefire Cannon Parts as 1 entry instead of as 35 entries with varying amounts. It is easier and more efficient to code the crafting device looking in the shared bank to find a single stack rather than finding several stacks and checking them to see if one is large enough. I wouldn't be at all suprised if the bug that loses items from the shared crafting is due to the logic of dealing with multiple stacks. Its not like the shared bank is a physical shelf where one can only stack 500 items before the shelf is full. The quantity is just a number and the value of that number doesn't much matter. It is a database. Use it as such.

/rant off

Last edited:

Eme

. This is made worse because those Sharn ingredients stack to 2500 in a large bag. If you drop a large bag into your collectable storage and it would unload those 8 stacks of 2500 into 200 bank slots. There are a significant number of these small stacks that just blow out your shared bank storage if one doesn't pay attention.
I only have minimal crafting storage so never used it beyond a couple of things to make room during a tr. I thought about getting more during sales but never had the points at the time, and I did not know that about things like the Sharn stacks, but now that I do, I can't see me ever bothering getting the crafting storage as that would be too much of a pain and defeat the reason I might have gotten more space if sales and points coincided.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
But lots don't stack that high. The Sharn ingredients, for one, only stack to 100 and filigrees only stack to 5.
It's why I run with 3x dim augment bags on my main (and have a dim bag on each alt I routinely use too). If I ever dumped my filigrees into shared storage, it'd would overflow and exceed it's storage capabilities because of that max stack size difference. I wish shared storage stacked as high as my bags.

Dandonk

Beater of Dead Horses
It's why I run with 3x dim augment bags on my main (and have a dim bag on each alt I routinely use too). If I ever dumped my filigrees into shared storage, it'd would overflow and exceed it's storage capabilities because of that max stack size difference. I wish shared storage stacked as high as my bags.
Same. Three dim and one colossal aug bag on my main.

Also... don't quite trust that Shared Crafting storage, too many stories of it eating stuff. Less than a month ago, it ate some threads of a guildy...

Shadow

But lots don't stack that high. The Sharn ingredients, for one, only stack to 100 and filigrees only stack to 5. This is made worse because those Sharn ingredients stack to 2500 in a large bag. If you drop a large bag into your collectable storage, it would unload those 8 stacks of 2500 into 200 bank slots. There are a significant number of these small stacks that just blow out your shared bank storage if one doesn't pay attention.

There is absolutely no reason for all these different stack sizes especially in the shared bank. The stacking limit should be based on the coding limit (ie max short, max int, etc). It is more efficient to store 3,456 Magefire Cannon Parts as 1 entry instead of as 35 entries with varying amounts. It is easier and more efficient to code the crafting device looking in the shared bank to find a single stack rather than finding several stacks and checking them to see if one is large enough. I wouldn't be at all suprised if the bug that loses items from the shared crafting is due to the logic of dealing with multiple stacks. Its not like the shared bank is a physical shelf where one can only stack 500 items before the shelf is full. The quantity is just a number and the value of that number doesn't much matter. It is a database. Use it as such.

/rant off
yeah they should make everything stack to 500 but also sharn ingredients are not collectables either way they should make stacking the same across the board and increase the shared crafting storage by like 2000 or something i thought increasing the amount in the shared crafting storage would be easier since they do it all the time with character bank storage and normal shared bank space but both of these need to be done.

Ahpuch

yeah they should make everything stack to 500 but also sharn ingredients are not collectables either way they should make stacking the same across the board and increase the shared crafting storage by like 2000 or something i thought increasing the amount in the shared crafting storage would be easier since they do it all the time with character bank storage and normal shared bank space but both of these need to be done.
Why 500? It is a rather random to limit it to that. They stack to 2500 in a large bag so why not 2500? Mysterious remnants stack to 10000. Why not 10000? Most importantly, if it stacks to 500 why create a second stack when you put in the 501st? There is no real reason for such a limitation and it complicates the code and makes it less efficient. Those limits for back packs may be reasonable for game play and immersion but once it goes into the shared bank it makes no sense and adds no value.

Shadow

It does not complicate anything they put almost all collectables to a stack of 500. With the way SSG is and how they have said its harder to code certain things then it is others im guessing it would be much easier. Once you take the items out of the bags the max they stack is 500 very few things stack above 500 like rems cannith essences maybe a few others were as there are over 100 collectables and other ingredients that stack to 500 in the inventory. Im guessing it would be way easier however it would be even easier then all of that to just add more shared crafting storage..

Ungermax

Master Artificer
Requests for more storage always makes me wonder how exactly people are managing their accounts. The demand for more storage is never going to go away. Ever. Because the game is plagued by people demanding more storage ans ywt they refuse to manage their accounts.

Do you need more crafting storage? Maybe. Does it need to be in the form of "bank" slots? No it does not. Just get more green bags from the store.

I would rather unlock more character slots than i want and get a hundred colossal green bags than demand SSG fix a problem i can fix myself without spending a dime.

Storage is a problem made by players

Shadow

Requests for more storage always makes me wonder how exactly people are managing their accounts. The demand for more storage is never going to go away. Ever. Because the game is plagued by people demanding more storage ans ywt they refuse to manage their accounts.

Do you need more crafting storage? Maybe. Does it need to be in the form of "bank" slots? No it does not. Just get more green bags from the store.

I would rather unlock more character slots than i want and get a hundred colossal green bags than demand SSG fix a problem i can fix myself without spending a dime.

If you had read my original post you would know ive maxed out 2045 multiple times i "manage" by sacrficing my excess of anything i may not need but either way you would rather spend crap tons of money then asking SSG to do something they do every couple of months?? I Already have 4 colossal ingredients bags and max character slots of 54. All im asking is for them to increase the shared crafting storage and since SSG have increased the Shared account storage by 200+ at this point and character bank storage by 100+ its not asking much at all to increase shared crafting storage. How about instead of posting a crappy disingenuous post you atleast max out crafting storage once..

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker

The thing is with every bag I buy, I need a spot in my inventory and it is not readily available.
I got a bank toon for slayer arrows. (Don't ask me why I started to collect them years back. It became a habit) It has 82 or so quivers. It is stupid to manage that. Trove helps me to find the arrows I want. It is still a pain.
(And yes, I will get rid of that burden as soon as possible.

If you had read my original post you would know ive maxed out 2045 multiple times i "manage" by sacrficing my excess of anything i may not need but either way you would rather spend crap tons of money then asking SSG to do something they do every couple of months?? I Already have 4 colossal ingredients bags and max character slots of 54. All im asking is for them to increase the shared crafting storage and since SSG have increased the Shared account storage by 200+ at this point and character bank storage by 100+ its not asking much at all to increase shared crafting storage. How about instead of posting a crappy disingenuous post you atleast max out crafting storage once..

I do think you are an exception though.

But I agree that restricting the stacks in shared is just **** move.

Cheers,
Titus

Ungermax

Master Artificer
You dont need to keep the bags in your inventory.

Do me a favor. Open up all your green bags.

You will have commendations of valor in all of them. Put them into your character bank. How many bag slots did you just save?

Now look at other items in the bags. You will likely have several not full stacks of items. Consolidate them.

Do the same with your filigrees.

Dont walk around with all bags in your inv, you only need 1 of each in your inv.

How many shards of power do you have from shroud? If the answer is anything more than 0, delete them, because you probably wont be making any more GS items on a character that has them. If you do plan to make more GS items then do it and delete the rest.

Ive been through all my bags and consolidated stacks.

Yes all this takes time but if you dont do things like this then you will continue to ask SSG to solve your problem with a paid solution, which in the long run is a waste of money. More bags and character slots,, and less hoarding tendencies, will solve all your storage problems.

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker

If was referring to this.
If I buy a bag, I need a spot for it (maybe even a character slot). And if I need several bags I need a sorting system. So asking for more crafting space is not unreasonable like you make it sound.
Maybe bags don't need to but Character slots costs money, too.

Cheers,
Titus

Kimbere

Nope. This is entirely a problem created by SSG. If multiple bags works for you, great. That doens't mean it's the ideal solution for everyone else.
  1. I'd rather SSG fix a problem that they themselves have created. It makes zero sense that there are so many crafting ingredients that don't stack to 10k in the shared bank.
    1. Databasewise there is no real difference between a stack limit of 500 and 10k. Unsigned, short integers range from 0 to 65,535.
    2. SSG regularly compounds the inventory space problem by periodically introducing new systems with entirely different materials and items.
  2. Using extra bags is sub-optimal for multiple reasons.
    1. It burns additional character, bank or shared bank inventory slots for each bag. Those slots are already at a premium and in short supply for many people.
    2. Using multiple bags becomes a hassle of sorting, filtering out bound-to-character items vs non-btc, etc. etc.
    3. Having to look through multiple bags to find something is less than ideal. The more bags you use, the more annoying it is to have to search through them. The shared bank allows you to search the entire thing in one step.
    4. Bags with large capacities and stack sizes are not "free". This puts an additional burden on the players requiring time, resources or possibly even money to acquire extra bags.

Buddha5440

Same. Three dim and one colossal aug bag on my main.

Also... don't quite trust that Shared Crafting storage, too many stories of it eating stuff. Less than a month ago, it ate some threads of a guildy...
It's not the shared storage eating stuff...It's the special attacks from some of the monsters missing from you monster manuals!!!

:)

...but, yeah, I do the same I have 2 Dim augments (augments and filigrees) and a Huge collectable and colossal ingredients.

Ungermax

Master Artificer
I can understand the points against my post.

I just think if we as the playerbase made a small amount of effort to organise our accounts differently (as much of a huge blag as it is) then things like these coffers could have things more interesting than ad hoc max storage increase. I cant blame SSG for my account being full because it isnt them that decides i shouldnt delete stacks upon stacks of ingredients that i havent even looked at in years.

Dont get me wrong, i am defo bad for hoarding. But. Most times when i log on i do SOMETHING to tackle the endless storage issue even if its a minor step. Ive stopped TRing for a while because of it. But it isnt SSG that have made my account full lf junk, thats my own fault for creating dozens of TR cache alts.

Bank alts arent bank alts in my book if it hasnt got the 2 extra inv tabs and 2 extra char bank tabs, TRed, and then got those extra again.