What is a Imbue Dice and hows it work?

mun-ney

Honestly, not a noob to this game or games in general however I am lost with this Imbue Dice. Most things that happen my wife and I can puzzle out from poast game play or it will be obvious to one of us so we can explain to the other. I understand DDO wiki is a great tool. All that being said I am at a near total loss how Imbue Dide work. I add plenty of them up as I have built characters the past few lives. I feel I might not be getting the most of my skills since this was introduced .....
An example of my question would be , While building a Cleric Warpriest your 2nd core ability +2 AC / +5 Fire Spell Power/ +5 Light Spell Power/ (+1 Imbue Dice)
What dice am I Imbuing? Am I adding a D4 ? a D6? A D whatever and what the heck am I adding it to? My wife think it adds a toggle you can cut on sometimes, but she is not sure? If thats the case I will have 10 Imbue and seldom more than a few toggles ..... Any clarification would be greatly needed and appreciated. I came to the new player area because it seemed like a noob question to me. If this is the wrong area, then some Mod can feel free to move it.

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

in your example (warpriest), there is an imbue toggle called (IIRC) fires of fury. fires of fury does 1d6 fire damage per imbue die. imbue dice will not do damage unless you are running an imbue. imbue dice from any source apply to every imbue, but only 1 imbue can be active at once

rabidfox

The People's Champion
In the example for the warpriest toggle, Fires of Fury: Imbue Toggle: Your Favored Weapons deal an additional 1d6 Fire damage, scaling with Fire Spell Power. It requires having it be your favored weapon. Other classes/trees have other imbues; some with requirements for specific stuff, some without. They apply to weapon attacks only (with exception of https://ddowiki.com/page/Half-Elf_Dilettante:_Warlock which works on spells too but has 2 second interal cooldown making it meh & warlock's imbue that works on their Eldritch Blasts).

mun-ney

in your example (warpriest), there is an imbue toggle called (IIRC) fires of fury. fires of fury does 1d6 fire damage per imbue die. imbue dice will not do damage unless you are running an imbue. imbue dice from any source apply to every imbue, but only 1 imbue can be active at once
Ty . I think I understand. I run One toggle and all the extra plus 1 Imbue stack on top of that toggle. ... By the time you are in Epic Levels your Imbue Dice could stack up to make a decent amount of damage.