Ying's Reaper Bow

Ying

5000+ hours played
Ying's Reaper Bow (link) contains feats, enhancements, epic destinies, gearing, commentary about choices and a breakdown for the most important mechanics. It is hosted in Google Docs because it's 21 pages long, and the forum software would choke if I tried to cut and paste it. Feel free to download a local copy, or bookmark the link in case I make minor adjustments based on feedback. The build is current as of Update 59. I'm happy to answer any questions about it.

Last edited:

Silverhilt

Link wont open for me, it works in your other threads. Was curious to see your updated bow guide!

PraetorPlato

This is a pretty minor improvement/suggestion, but I think you can eek out another 2 imbue dice by moving defense and HAMP from augments into the empty Dino fang/claw slots (net -1 prr, +2 mrr, and -1 HAMP), and slotting the other raid +1 imbue dice augments.

Ying

5000+ hours played
Does a 2 Warlock version make any sense anymore ?
Only if I was focused on pushing high-skull reaper raids, as it's a net DPS benefit to the raid. For now the one level of Paladin makes the most sense for the overwhelming majority of players.

PratorPlato said:
slotting the other raid +1 imbue dice augments
They don't stack.

PraetorPlato

They don't stack.
That is unfortunate. I still feel like you should be able to get something out of those augment slots—if you take off good on the bow, you could fit a cruel cut set, but that's only worth it for trash, so probably not ideal because you lose good bypass. PRR artifact set? or just demonheart emerald+ unicorn tear, and then you can leave good on the bow. Probably too marginal to be worth farming, but it seems like a strict improvement.

Ying

5000+ hours played
I'm not seeing how you're getting 30 Artifact bonus to Fortification Bypass.
Good catch, that was a remnant from a previous gearset and has been removed.

Thanks to private feedback I received, I've also swapped the gloves to Birchlore Gauntlets and moved the Dino minor artifact to the ring slot to net +27 HP and 22% Healing Lore which also freed up an aug slot.

Ying

5000+ hours played
you could fit a cruel cut set, but that's only worth it for trash, so probably not ideal because you lose good bypass. PRR artifact set? or just demonheart emerald+ unicorn tear
IMO, Good bypass is too useful to replace on the bow.

You can replace the quality of life trapping augments with another set bonus in the trinket, cloak and wrist. However, I swap in spell absorb cloaks quite frequently which is why I didn't have another aug set by default. Harmful spells are the number one way I typically die as a ranged while R10 questing. I generally don't care about maximizing PRR on a ranged toon as long as I'm not getting one shot. Another 30 PRR or 150 temp HP isn't going to save me from taking another melee hit, or tanking a Doom or any mob in high skull raids. That's why I focus so much on avoidance with the 33% Dodge (standing), Deflect Arrows and movement speed/Misty Step. With Improved Uncanny Dodge that 's 83% Dodge temporarily, and if you sacrifice a little DPS in the Assassin tree you can get 2 second deflect arrows by spending 4 AP in Tempest.

Rull

Hi guys, what does 1 lvl pally have that would compare to 1 barb running speed? Am I missing something?
A 200% scaling 1d6 light imbue for 1 AP.
Arguably the best non-inquisitive imbue in the game since it works on everything ánd scales well on ranged power.
Not as strong as the assassin's 1d8 * 200% poison imbue, so if you are shooting at something you know is not poison immune, use venomed blades instead. But as a default, the paladin light imbue is great.

Ying

5000+ hours played
how much would you lose by going welf over cat? big thing is the move speed
You lose 2 Crit Mastery from Assassin as you go 19 AP total into Wood Elf. If I was pushing raids where move speed is not a big deal and hit chance was a consideration, then I'd go Wood Elf (LOB is a great example where Wood Elf is excellent). I played a Wood Elf archer between U50-U55 and the lack of 30% move speed hurts my soul. When we pushed R10 Skeletons in the Closet, Tabaxi was preferred since there's so much moving around.

Faye Amberheart

Ying's Reaper Bow (link) contains feats, enhancements, epic destinies, gearing, commentary about choices and a breakdown for the most important mechanics. It is hosted in Google Docs because it's 21 pages long, and the forum software would choke if I tried to cut and paste it. Feel free to download a local copy, or bookmark the link in case I make minor adjustments based on feedback. The build is current as of Update 59. I'm happy to answer any questions about it.
im a bit of a noob but does the negative level from the chaos bow with alignment matter that little?

Oliphant

You a rogue darker hunter, LEO on one technicality level, running around with a chaos blaster, this a Dirty Harry build :D

Tuxedomanwashere

Only if I was focused on pushing high-skull reaper raids, as it's a net DPS benefit to the raid. For now the one level of Paladin makes the most sense for the overwhelming majority of players.
Out of curiosity, how does 2 wlk levels provide a net DPS benefit?

Oliphant

The main thing is Warlock Soul Eater tree Tier 2 enhancement Taint the Aura lets you stack up -10 PRR, MRR to debuff bosses. I also like the Warlock Tier 1 Soul Eater option for -30% threat reduction which allows more DPS in certain situations without getting aggro.