Ying's Reaper Bow

Contessor

Can someone sanity check my gear here without spending too much time. My decisions were based on a few factors: 1. I have not run Skeletons in the Closet yet so it would probably be some time before I acquired the necessary raid gear from it. 2. I have a reaper +2 all stats Legendary Mask of Vulkoorim that I want to try and fit in and 3. Since I have a Vulkoors chosen/might rolled gem of many facets I wanted to see if I could work in 4 set bonuses without gimping the build. I have not spent enough time trying to figure out if I can use augments/scales/fangs, etc to fill in the gaps not covered by the items.

Head-Mask of Vulkoorim- Dex 13, Dodge 13, Armor Pierce 20, Ref Save 11, +2 Reaper Stats
Neck-Pendant of the Sky-Ins Devo 74, Fang tbd-Dread Curse
Eyes-Blazing Sniper Sights Deadly 11, Q Deadly 3, Doubleshot 9, Ins Doubleshot 5
Trinket-Gem of Many Facets-Vulkoors Chosen/Vulkoors Might
Chest-Vulkoorum Fighting Leathers-Imp Deception 20, Fire Res 51, Acc 21, Ins Deception 5-Vulkoors Chosen
Back-Cape of the Roc-Feather Fall, Str 13, Ins Str 6, Speed 30-Windlasher's Ferocity
Wrist-Bracers of the Claw-Ins Con 6, Fort 146%, Parry 6, False Life 51-Vulkoors Might
Waist-Belt of the Black Sands-Con 14, Invis Guard, Ghostly, Claw Slot-Dread Curse
Ring-Dino Artifact-Dread Curse
Ring-Signet ring of the XXXX-doesnt matter for Dread Curse set and aug slots only-Dread Curse
Feet-Dustless Boots-Assissinate 16, Ins Deception 5, Speed 30, Move Silently 21-Windlashers Ferocity
Hands-Birchlore Gauntlets: Heal lore 22, Devotion 149, Vitality 47, Scale-Wis 14-Dread Curse
Main-Chaosbow-Fetters, Elasticity, Ranged Alacrity, Anarchic 6
Quiver-Epic Purifying-Burning/Blunted ammo

Sets:

Vulkoors Chose-Artifact: 30 poison resist, 3 sneak die, 3 saving throws, 3 dex and con
Vulkoors Might-Artifact: Increase threat 20%, attack 3, dam 3, crit confirm 3, sneak attack 3, sneak dam 3
Windlashers Ferocity-Artifact: doubleshot 15, ranged power 15
Dread Curse-Profane: Ranged Power 15, Univ Spell Power 25, PRR 30, Spell DCs 2, All Abilities 2, Atk and Dam 4
I’m not sure Vulkoors might is worth it. Do you have Vecna? If so the artifact 3pc and 5pc profane set are both solid alternatives to IoD gear. Honestly I think by the time factor slot for slot it’s better on the profane set for sure. This way you can only focus on the Dino weapon, keep vulkoors chosen and a Dino ring + acid ring from lob.

Contessor

I’m not sure Vulkoors might is worth it. Do you have Vecna? If so the artifact 3pc and 5pc profane set are both solid alternatives to IoD gear. Honestly I think by the time factor slot for slot it’s better on the profane set for sure. This way you can only focus on the Dino weapon, keep vulkoors chosen and a Dino ring + acid ring from lob.

This is a WF 12A/6DH/2Ro but might give you some insight. My DPS went up after switching from IoD artifact and profane set. The set bonuses are better and most of the gear stats are better. Only thing is losing 15% helpless but you might be able to better slot in starless with a luck GMoF roll with Vulkoors Chosen and pick up a ring of baph. I actually got lucky with that roll but can’t use it. Anyways I don’t miss the helpless much because trash dies fast anyways.

Last edited:

Neurik

This is a WF 12A/6DH/2Ro but might give you some insight. My DPS went up after switching from IoD artifact and profane set. The set bonuses are better and most of the gear stats are better. Only thing is losing 15% helpless but you might be able to better slot in starless with a luck GMoF roll with Vulkoors Chosen and pick up a ring of baph. I actually got lucky with that roll but can’t use it. Anyways I don’t miss the helpless much because trash dies fast anyways.
Makes sense, thank you for the reply, will take a look at building around the Vecna 5 item profane set and slot in from there.

Neurik

After taking a closer look at the Vecna sets the items seem much better slot for slot as you mentioned, it was not easy getting in the 3 sets but I think this might work. Other than the bow and MA Ring there is no raid gear in this set. I have not tried working out all the augment options to fill holes either but I think most of the major needs are more or less covered. I had to swap in Dynamistic quiver for the 8% doubleshot, and I can work in 3 full sets with both ring slots free which can be used for Dino Artifact ring and Bound Elemental ring of acid. Three sets are Vulkoor's Chosen: Artifact Poison Resist, Sneak die 3, Saving Throws 3, Dex and Con 3. Devil's Infernal Dance: Artifact all abilities 3, Doubleshot 15, Fort bypass 30, ranged power 15 and Forbidden Knowledge, Profane: PRR 30, all abilities 3, attack and damage 3, ranged power 15, Universal SP 25 and spell DCs 3.

HeadUniversity Sentry's HelmResistance 11Ins Fort 76Shield 14Natural Armor 14Devil's Infernal Dance
NeckWar-Rune PendantCombat Mastery 11Protection 11Armor Pierce 22Reflex 12Forbidden Knowledge
EyesStudy SpectaclesInt 14Qual potency 26Ins Spellsight 10Eversight-True SeeingForbidden Knowledge
TrinketBloodstoneSeeker 13Deception 11Accuracy 21Deadly 11Vulkoors Chosen
ChestUniversity Bulwark's Reinforced shirtSheltering 36Fort 153Parry 6FOMDevil's Infernal Dance
BackUniversity Archers CloakQual Acc 5Qual Deadly 3Ins Armor Pierce 10Ins Doubleshot 5Devil's Infernal Dance
WristWorld-Weary WrappingsIns Wis 6Ins Wizardry 147Qual Fort 3Curse Res 11Forbidden Knowledge
WaistBladesworn BandolierCon 14Qual Fort 38Qual Phys Shelter 8Vitality 48Forbidden Knowledge
RingDino Bone RingScale Dex 15Fang -Healing Amp 61Claw PRR 38Horn-Relentless Fury
RingFlex-Bound Elemental Ring of AcidAcid Lore 148CorrosionAlchemical EarthSpell Pen 8
FeetSkymage's ShoesIns Dex 6Ins Dodge 6DiversionDistant DiversionForbidden Knowledge
HandsSpectral GlovesEtherealDex 13Acc 21Deception 11Vulkoors Chosen
MainChaosbowFettersElasticityRanged Alacrity 20Anarchic
QuiverDynamistic QuiverDoubleshot 8%

Contessor

After taking a closer look at the Vecna sets the items seem much better slot for slot as you mentioned, it was not easy getting in the 3 sets but I think this might work. Other than the bow and MA Ring there is no raid gear in this set. I have not tried working out all the augment options to fill holes either but I think most of the major needs are more or less covered. I had to swap in Dynamistic quiver for the 8% doubleshot, and I can work in 3 full sets with both ring slots free which can be used for Dino Artifact ring and Bound Elemental ring of acid. Three sets are Vulkoor's Chosen: Artifact Poison Resist, Sneak die 3, Saving Throws 3, Dex and Con 3. Devil's Infernal Dance: Artifact all abilities 3, Doubleshot 15, Fort bypass 30, ranged power 15 and Forbidden Knowledge, Profane: PRR 30, all abilities 3, attack and damage 3, ranged power 15, Universal SP 25 and spell DCs 3.

HeadUniversity Sentry's HelmResistance 11Ins Fort 76Shield 14Natural Armor 14Devil's Infernal Dance
NeckWar-Rune PendantCombat Mastery 11Protection 11Armor Pierce 22Reflex 12Forbidden Knowledge
EyesStudy SpectaclesInt 14Qual potency 26Ins Spellsight 10Eversight-True SeeingForbidden Knowledge
ChestUniversity Bulwark's Reinforced shirtSheltering 36Fort 153Parry 6FOMDevil's Infernal Dance
BackUniversity Archers CloakQual Acc 5Qual Deadly 3Ins Armor Pierce 10Ins Doubleshot 5Devil's Infernal Dance
WristWorld-Weary WrappingsIns Wis 6Ins Wizardry 147Qual Fort 3Curse Res 11Forbidden Knowledge
WaistBladesworn BandolierCon 14Qual Fort 38Qual Phys Shelter 8Vitality 48Forbidden Knowledge
RingDino Bone RingScale Dex 15Fang -Healing Amp 61Claw PRR 38Horn-Relentless Fury
RingFlex-Bound Elemental Ring of AcidAcid Lore 148CorrosionAlchemical EarthSpell Pen 8
FeetSkymage's ShoesIns Dex 6Ins Dodge 6DiversionDistant DiversionForbidden Knowledge
Yeah bow seemed like it would be easier to gear even with Vecna. Being WF and utilizing SP for imbues, I found a bit of hinderance. And it took me alot to come off my the ToEE goggles because it is just a great item, but after looking through the overall gear breakdown, it just made no sense when things were covered elesewhere. I also switched my bard over to Vecna stuff, but melee is still better served with IoD stuff imo.

Losing the helpless hurts a bit, but the extra armor piercing is a solid (i prefer actually) trade from the artifact set. I rarely waste a hunts end on a fort bypass roll.

Last edited:

Neurik

Thanks, great ideas, I did not even know that Topaz existed, makes things so much easier. Oh and apologies to Ying for completely taking over this thread.

Contessor

Thanks, great ideas, I did not even know that Topaz existed, makes things so much easier. Oh and apologies to Ying for completely taking over this thread.
Yeah sorry my gear link mentioned it was covered in augments but not clear. ITs an IoD random drop any quest.

Contessor

could add Helplessness back in on rings and bow with the 3set augs
Yes that was another consideration to having to reroll a LGMoF to have both the Vulkors Chosen and Starless Nights (and farm the elusive Ring of Baphomet). Definitely less grind, as many of us have tons of PN runes laying in a bag. I just wish there was a +3 Imbue Die version of these sets for my arty.

Oliphant

How do we compare imbue dice dps with sneak dice dps? Seems like people consider 1 point of base imbue damage to translate more than 1 point of sneak dice damage, but I don't really have a model to think about it.

Contessor

How do we compare imbue dice dps with sneak dice dps? Seems like people consider 1 point of base imbue damage to translate more than 1 point of sneak dice damage, but I don't really have a model to think about it.
In r10 i would translate 1 SA to 2-3 ID (depending on spellpower. But squeezing the max of both is still priorrity on DPS builds. Especially if you can squeeze the next multiple of 7 out of your build.

Potinha

Legendary Ring of Unnatural Accuracy instead of Bound Elemental Ring of Acid

Last edited:

Neurik

Legendary Ring of Unnatural Accuracy instead of Bound Elemental Ring of Acid
Totally agree, and since I ended up getting a reaper version of the Leg Ring of Unnatural Accuracy before getting the raid ring I ran with it and never looked back.

Oliphant

Lacking a Snowpeak's filigree I'm coming up 1 short of 14 imbue die. Anyone have any ideas for least costly way to get to 14? Not finding the filigree on auction.

Ying

5000+ hours played
The looming U66 Lamannia changes will completely change how ranged are played. I don't have any interest in ranged at the moment, and haven't played one in almost a year, so I won't be releasing an update to this build. I'm sure someone else will come along with a reference build if you want to play a thrower or use a bow.

The Narc

The looming U66 Lamannia changes will completely change how ranged are played. I don't have any interest in ranged at the moment, and haven't played one in almost a year, so I won't be releasing an update to this build. I'm sure someone else will come along with a reference build if you want to play a thrower or use a bow.
So you have been playing an adrenaline build, or a sorc or druid then, because those will all likely be next(especially the adrenaline, it is an outlier)

Reactions: DBZ