You can launch the game if you skip the patcher - non sketchy method

droid327

Watch them release a patch to fix this....but the patch launcher crashes when it tries to load...and then you can't log in even with the workaround because you're now on the wrong version :D

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

iLuvGoat

haha yeah - we have to make sure to remove that -disablepatch argument as soon as it's fixed... but with a 3 day weekend I wanted to play now, yunno?

Coffey

This worked like a charm, thanks!

FYI, if you run the game from Steam, you can right-click the game in steam, go to properties, the enter -diisablepatch in the launch options line. You don't have to edit the shortcut. Just remember to remove it once the patcher is working again, or you won't receive patches, anymore.

This works for Steam on Linux too.

larrtdale

FYI for support for our community: making a new post so that hopefully people can find this without going through a multiple page thread.

This doesn't use any third party apps, but instead uses available info from the Wiki concerning executable command line arguments.

Right click your DDO shortcut, or create a new one to DNDLauncher.exe

SOCzIBQ.png

Then, in the Target line, make sure to add in the flag -disablepatch then Apply / Save. Make sure to Run as Admin

Mine looks like this:

"F:\Games\Steam Games\steamapps\common\Dungeons and Dragons Online\DNDLauncher.exe" -disablepatch

But yours may look like: "C:\Promgrams Files (x86)\StandingStoneGames\Dungeons and Dragons Online\DNDLauncher.exe" -disablepatch

RJZlPCt.png

You will need to run the shortcut as an Admin. You can do this by right-clicking the newly modified shortcut and choosing the 'Run as Administrator' option or right-click -> go to Properties, click on Advanced, then check the box for Run As Administrator

F7A02nu.png

Again: not a hack or sketchy etc., just using built-in executable arguments that the company provides. No risk here.

**special note** once SSG fixes their patcher, please remember to remove this -disablepatch command line argument we use in our shoYA
FYI for support for our community: making a new post so that hopefully people can find this without going through a multiple page thread.

This doesn't use any third party apps, but instead uses available info from the Wiki concerning executable command line arguments.

Right click your DDO shortcut, or create a new one to DNDLauncher.exe

SOCzIBQ.png

Then, in the Target line, make sure to add in the flag -disablepatch then Apply / Save. Make sure to Run as Admin

Mine looks like this:

"F:\Games\Steam Games\steamapps\common\Dungeons and Dragons Online\DNDLauncher.exe" -disablepatch

But yours may look like: "C:\Promgrams Files (x86)\StandingStoneGames\Dungeons and Dragons Online\DNDLauncher.exe" -disablepatch

RJZlPCt.png

You will need to run the shortcut as an Admin. You can do this by right-clicking the newly modified shortcut and choosing the 'Run as Administrator' option or right-click -> go to Properties, click on Advanced, then check the box for Run As Administrator

F7A02nu.png

Again: not a hack or sketchy etc., just using built-in executable arguments that the company provides. No risk here.

**special note** once SSG fixes their patcher, please remember to remove this -disablepatch command line argument we use in our shortcut
YA RIGHT,,,,,,,,,,,that doesnt work either

Enigma

"C:\Program Files (x86)\StandingStoneGames\Dungeons & Dragons Online\DNDLauncher.exe" -disablepatch

This one worked for me while my first attempts adding " -disablepatch " didnt.

Thanks!

Yes, this worked for me! Thank you

I did have to use this instead (includes a space before "(x86)"):
"C:\Program Files (x86)\StandingStoneGames\Dungeons & Dragons Online\DNDLauncher.exe" -disablepatch

Isilion

After having the "can't connect to patch server" all morning, someone mentioned this thread. Just made the change and I can now log in.

A simple fix but sometimes it beggars belief that things like this are necessary