5E DDO Game

tcosta1982

Hello,

I run games on StartPlaying.Games and am getting ready to start a free series based on the DDO quest lines. I think it will be great to run Korthos, Sharn Syndicate, the Butcher's Path and many others on the tabletop. I have already worked out the idea of Heroic Reincarnation, Reapers, etc, and am excited to start this journey.

I hope to run quest end and raids as premium games, meaning a small charge for my prep I will need to do. This is where I am hoping to get an answer from SSG. I've reached out but haven't received an answer. I'm hoping @Cordovan or @Severlin see this message and can help me get a path forward for the paid games.

Arkat

Founder & Super Hero
Hello,

I run games on StartPlaying.Games and am getting ready to start a free series based on the DDO quest lines. I think it will be great to run Korthos, Sharn Syndicate, the Butcher's Path and many others on the tabletop. I have already worked out the idea of Heroic Reincarnation, Reapers, etc, and am excited to start this journey.

I hope to run quest end and raids as premium games, meaning a small charge for my prep I will need to do. This is where I am hoping to get an answer from SSG. I've reached out but haven't received an answer. I'm hoping @Cordovan or @Severlin see this message and can help me get a path forward for the paid games.
People charge for running games all the time.

As long as you don't try to either A) pass off the copyrighted material as your own, and B) try to sell that copyrighted material to others, you should be fine.

Upvote 0

I dont Like gimps

so you are essentially not just stealing from the Intellectual property, licensing rights and et cetera But also using it for Monetary gains...
Oh boi u better hope ssg doesnt answer you...

Upvote 0

tcosta1982

so you are essentially not just stealing from the Intellectual property, licensing rights and et cetera But also using it for Monetary gains...
Oh boi u better hope ssg doesnt answer you...
I never said that I was doing this yet, just getting an idea of the possibility of creating a new medium for their content. I love the stories and want to share them with others. Many people run published volumes on a P2P basis. I received an answer that I can work with. There is no need to make accusations.

Upvote 0

Ungermax

Master Artificer
I never said that I was doing this yet, just getting an idea of the possibility of creating a new medium for their content. I love the stories and want to share them with others. Many people run published volumes on a P2P basis. I received an answer that I can work with. There is no need to make accusations.
Was the answer a big fat no by any chance?

Upvote 0