Enchanted Horse Shoes only in End Chests?

ZEMTEK

Have you ever gotten an enchanted horse in a chest other than the end chest? Trying to get some and so far my family has done the entire series on Elite 3 times so far and no horseshoes . So 3 accounts did the entire series 3 times and 0 horseshoes. Thats a total of 74 end chests opened so far and 0 horseshoes. Plus probably at least the same amount of optional chests opened as well. We been opening every chest we can get our hands on. Will a treasure potion help to get horseshoes?

tsotate

Have you ever gotten an enchanted horse in a chest other than the end chest? Trying to get some and so far my family has done the entire series on Elite 3 times so far and no horseshoes . So 3 accounts did the entire series 3 times and 0 horseshoes. Thats a total of 74 end chests opened so far and 0 horseshoes. Plus probably at least the same amount of optional chests opened as well. We been opening every chest we can get our hands on. Will a treasure potion help to get horseshoes?
Only in end chests, and only on epic. So if you're running on heroic elite, you'll never see one.

Edit: Darn autocorrupt

Last edited:

ZEMTEK

Only in end chests, and only on epic. So if you're rubbing on heroic elite, you'll never see one.
nope we only do epic elite so far. I knew they didnt drop from heroic. oh by the way do feathers drop in epic quest chests any more? So far we only have seen them in the wilderness epic chests. I thought we used to get them from chests in quests as well. So I should not mess with optionals at when farming for horseshoes. That will speed things up at least even though we can get through the entire series getting most optional chests in just under 2 hours. So not messing with optionals will at least speed things up a lot. Might beable to do a run in under hour at least. And the ransack pentalty does not start till the 9th time you opening that chest in a week period right? Because I want some darn horseshoes. And do you know if treasure potion will help the drop rate?

Sympl

My RNG luck is horrible across the board. Including with horseshoes. I've had to learn to goose the system in what ways I can. So here's how with the horseshoes. Once you know where they drop: epic end chests, then you try to hit as many of those as you can in as short a period of time as possible. So....kind of like the mimic hunt. You want end chests per minute. I recommend picking treasure hunt and farming it until ransack. Then the social skills one til ransack. Then if you're still unlucky (which happens, I'm living proof), give it a week and ransack those two again. Because it gets frustrating running the longer ones with no payout, but those two are easy enough to crank out without losing your mind. And good luck to you. I mean that in the most sincere way possible.

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
I've only ever pulled one horse-shoe. For awhile there I was wondering if they really existed. Can't recall where it dropped, but they are a RARE drop...

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
Feathers drop in wilderness chests only, both heroic and epic. Horseshoes drop in quest end chests only, and are a rare drop.

nenetteblackmoor

My RNG luck is horrible across the board. Including with horseshoes. I've had to learn to goose the system in what ways I can. So here's how with the horseshoes. Once you know where they drop: epic end chests, then you try to hit as many of those as you can in as short a period of time as possible. So....kind of like the mimic hunt. You want end chests per minute. I recommend picking treasure hunt and farming it until ransack. Then the social skills one til ransack. Then if you're still unlucky (which happens, I'm living proof), give it a week and ransack those two again. Because it gets frustrating running the longer ones with no payout, but those two are easy enough to crank out without losing your mind. And good luck to you. I mean that in the most sincere way possible.
I also used to gather horseshoes with multi-accounting before, but I recall the drop rate being around 2%-3%.

By the way, DDO's RNG luck is like that lazy coworker who never pulls through for anyone. So yeah, just forget about it.

The easiest way to get a Fast mount is by participating in raids.
Just join a Demigod raid and say 'Give me a horse!' and you'll get about five of them.

ZEMTEK

cool yea I was about to do that as well after I drink a treasure potion. I am also collecting the commendations of valor so thats why I been doing the quests once a day up till now.

ZEMTEK

I also used to gather horseshoes with multi-accounting before, but I recall the drop rate being around 2%-3%.

By the way, DDO's RNG luck is like that lazy coworker who never pulls through for anyone. So yeah, just forget about it.

The easiest way to get a Fast mount is by participating in raids.
Just join a Demigod raid and say 'Give me a horse!' and you'll get about five of them.
And what pack is that? I dont have all the packs and I will never get VIP.

ZEMTEK

Feathers drop in wilderness chests only, both heroic and epic. Horseshoes drop in quest end chests only, and are a rare drop.
Thats what I was thinking because I have not seen feathers in the in quest chests. Feathers are fairly easy to get. We usually can get around 3 per round per character and I can do a route in like 20 minutes. And good to see another person saying the darn shoes are only in end quests so I can just zerg the quests.

nenetteblackmoor

And what pack is that? I dont have all the packs and I will never get VIP.

In Demigod raids, you get several horses every time.

It's common to get two on your own sometimes.
And since everyone already has all the horses and nobody wants them anymore, if you say 'I want a horse,' everyone will happily throw them at you with a grin.
As a result, the chest will be filled with horses.

You might even get two different types of horses.

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
And funny enough... I ran Borderlands this last weekend and pulled a horse-shoe in the end chest from Watch Your Step.

Last edited:

Dielzen

I just 3-boxed an r1 BL run and pulled 2, and those are like my 3rd/4th ever, and I tend to run that chain constantly as I quite enjoy it.