FPS

I can't say for certain that these things are related, but I noticed my computer fans have been activating a lot more after the latest patch while I'm playing DDO. I checked the GPU temperature, and it is consistently around 54ish Celsius while the game is in front window, which is about 10 C up from where it used to be.

BATCHEST

I can't say for certain that these things are related, but I noticed my computer fans have been activating a lot more after the latest patch while I'm playing DDO. I checked the GPU temperature, and it is consistently around 54ish Celsius while the game is in front window, which is about 10 C up from where it used to be.
i actually noticed this too, pretty weird. and is very bad

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
My FPS also seems about halved compared to before patch (when I turn off the limiter, anyway).

BATCHEST

pretty dumb how there is no hotfix or downtime to fix these things asap, like i get how the dragon npc sure its not major but fps on the other hand, pretty much makes the game unplayable imo specially ppl with budget gaming equipments/potato laptops/pc

Jidaro

Same here. I went from 60-70 on the ship to 20-25 no matter what my settings (even the lowest of low). However, as soon as you hide the UI the FPS seems to jump back to normal (flag waving normally for example).

Teh_Troll

Are we getting a hotfix tomorrow or is another weekend getting written off because the game is unplayable?

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Doing these two things are the steps people say can help with the FPS drops. (Mine jumped up after I did them)
yEBEjix.jpeg

fsZGdi2.jpeg

Last edited:

Gimp-1

I did not see any loss of frame rate last night doing R10s (3hours of play). Had my FPS displayed the whole time and it varied about 30 FPS from min to max....but didnt stay low. And by low i mean like 100 fps on the low end. Running 3 monitors off the gpu with 2 clients active. Nvidia 4070Ti.

I run with both items on that are listed above..Only thing i really dont have maxed is post processing effects because for me they just make it harder to see whats going on.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I did not see any loss of frame rate last night doing R10s (3hours of play). Had my FPS displayed the whole time and it varied about 30 FPS from min to max....but didnt stay low. And by low i mean like 100 fps on the low end. Running 3 monitors off the gpu with 2 clients active. Nvidia 4070Ti.

I run with both items on that are listed above..Only thing i really dont have maxed is post processing effects because for me they just make it harder to see whats going on.
There's probably more things going on, so post processing or some other setting also helping make sense.

John3000

Doing these two things are the steps people say can help with the FPS drops. (Mine jumped up after I did them)
FPS_temp_fix_maybe_1.jpg

FPS_temp_fix_maybe_2.jpg

Could someone explain what actions helped fix the frame rate problem ? (the .jpg images are no longer showing up in the post)

My fps have been horrible as of late... I've got a RTX-2080, and used to to have 180 fps, Now I have 80 fps during fresh login and first quests, and after a while it drops down to 20 fps., even if I change graphics settings to low. Pretty frustrating....

Cheers

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Could someone explain what actions helped fix the frame rate problem ? (the .jpg images are no longer showing up in the post)

My fps have been horrible as of late... I've got a RTX-2080, and used to to have 180 fps, Now I have 80 fps during fresh login and first quests, and after a while it drops down to 20 fps., even if I change graphics settings to low. Pretty frustrating....

Cheers
I fixed those image links, but it's likely they won't matter after today's update fixing the focus orb display bug (unless there's other issues causing FPS drops).