High Lords will host heroic & legendary Hound of Xoriat teaching raid on Saturday, May 4 at 1pm ET

Vooduspyce

Our last teaching raid event saw a solid turnout with several folks who were new to or still the heroic and epic Gianthold raids. If you missed you, you can watch the highlights of the livestream on DDO’s Twitch channel DDOstream at Reaver’s Fate teaching raid for new players and Fall of Truth teaching raid for new players.

Our next teaching raid event will include a fun trek into the Subterrane with heroic and legendary Hound of Xoriat this Saturday, May 4 at 1pm ET.

All events in this series are for players new(er) to raiding or players who are looking to learn raids better. First timers welcome! Please have sound and be willing and able to follow instructions.

The goal is to welcome newer players into the raiding scene, to teach people how raids work, to get players more comfortable with raids, and to enhance the DDO community. There is no level cap for any of our teaching raids but you need to be at least level 14 to enter the Subterrane and you will need to be at least level 20 to enter legendary content.

If you are new to HOX, there is no flagging required. You will need to have access to the Vale of Twilight adventure pack. Heroic HOX is located in the Subterrane and is confusing to find for many players. We will start from the market and show you how to get to and open the way to the raid. We will also be taking a scenic detour through an off the beaten path area called "The Deep Tunnels", where we will hope to find Xithzul, Son of Xyzzy, the Frost Fiend of Madness and we will swim through a lake of acid to find the Beholder Council!

We will be teaching HOX using the "Hall tanking" method, but we will also be discussing the more traditional "circle" and "collapse" methods so that you will understand the differences and benefits of each. We will use the heroic raid for teaching and then apply what we learn to the legendary raid, which uses the same mechanics. Heroic and Legendary HOX are distinct, so doing the heroic version will not put you on timer for the legendary raid.

Space is limited so reserve your spot ahead of time! If you would like to reserve a space in this Saturday's event, please send in-game mail or tell to me on Gingerspyce or Vooduspyce. You can also stop by my livestream at Twitch channel vooduspyce if you have any questions or to sign up.

This event will be livestreamed on DDO’s Twitch channel DDOstream so even if you're not on Sarlona, you can watch, learn and ask questions live. This year we are simulcasting our teaching raids on multiple Twitch channels so that viewers can see moments when the party splits or from tank point of view, etc. This week's event will be simulcasted by my guildie Gijo on his Twitch channel highlordpudding. You can watch both streams at the same time at multitwitch.tv/ddostream/highlordpudding.

Thank you to the community for all the support and we hope to see you in raids soon :)

Much love,
Voodu and The High Lords of Malkier

Vooduspyce

Great runs of heroic and legendary Hound of Xoriat, with 3 attendees who were new to or still learning the raid, including one newcomer to our teaching raids.

We started with a fun trek through the subterrane and showed how to find and open the way to heroic Hound of Xoriat. Along the way we explored a less traveled area called the deep tunnels to find the Beholder Council and we even found the rare beholder Iograxllozx and Xithzul, Son of Xy'zzy!

We used the heroic raid as the teaching moment, where we discussed and contrasted the various methods for doing the raid. Then we immediately did legendary Hound of Xoriat, which runs exactly the same as heroic. We did both raids on elite so that attendees could get max favor. Since legendary HOX is an older, first generation legendary raid, it was easy to do short handed for the teaching raid.

After the legendary raid, I demonstrated how to solo legendary HOX on my main toon Gingerspyce, then I ported over to Cannith to do it again on Northwynd, who is a second lifer that I haven't played in years, with terribly outdated gear, few reaper points, low dps, still level 30 and without epic destinies activated I demonstrated that even a toon without past lives or good gear can still solo legendary HOX. If you missed, you can watch the highlight of the livestream from DDO's Twitch channel DDOstream below!

Next will be a fun thematic teaching raid event we call our Death to Suulomades Extravaganza! Where we follow the horned devil Suulomades through every raid he appears in, starting with legendary Vision of Destruction, then Tower of Despair, then Legendary Chronoscope. Tower of Despair is the only one of the 3 raids that requires flagging, so get flagged and I'll post details in the Sarlona forum soon :)

PS. only 6 weeks of teaching raids remaining in our 2024 series. In no specific order, the remaining raids after our Suulomades event will be Project Nemesis, Too Hot to Handle, heroic Abbot, Mark of Death, Demon Queen (Zawabi's Revenge) and Titan Awakes. That will complete every raid in the game and we'll probably do Fire Over Morgrave again at the end since it's the newest raid.

Last edited: