Lamannia Update 64+ Feedback: Legendary Chronoscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorrgar

DDO Official Troubadour
Please avoid lockouts as much as possible. I often solo or run with a small group and if one of my friends logs on I do not have a problem with he/she entering a raid late and contributing less. If you want to put a penalty on late entry then stick with an XP penalty only.

frieendly

I would really like to see the legendary versions drop in the legendary raid
the set Is really nice and can definitely see use for epic Lvling and good for more profane at legendary

Kitty2Meow

Indeed - we're adding in a legendary-only chest right now that will drop threads, Star Fragments, and the Legendary-level loot directly.
Does this legendary-only chest also include all the old named Legendary Might of the Abishai items as well? so that they will have a chance for Mythic and Reaper bonuses?

Lazuli

So in two days the new update arrives. Any update on the existence of the lockout? At the very least, don't add it to the heroic and epic versions of the raid, please!

Fisto Mk I

So in two days the new update arrives. Any update on the existence of the lockout? At the very least, don't add it to the heroic and epic versions of the raid, please!
Devs never listen to players begging not to do deliberately stupid things, unfortunately...

I dug up this account on the forums that I haven't used in YEARS just to add my voice to folks saying the lockout is terrible.

In general lockouts suck, but I can understand putting them in legendary raids before the end. I don't agree with it, but if the loot is supposed to be that powerful and the devs want you to earn it, okay. So Legendary Chrono getting one right before the Abishai fight or when they go Voltron-mode would make sense. Sure. That would be fine. Even the Sewer Tunnels fight would be understandable since it's right near the end.

Making it any earlier is just punishing to the players and dissuades people from making raid groups. Best part of Chrono has been how easy it is to get a group without waiting around doing nothing. Especially since the raid has optionals that you can do while waiting for people to join / late arrivals can jump in and do the optionals too.

And if the logic is that Legendary drops are too valuable to let people trickle in and get rewards without doing the bulk of the quest? Then don't touch Heroic or Epic. Chrono is a great raid for new players and for raiding groups trying to get more people while still getting to play the game.

Putting in limitations that make players NOT play the game because they have to wait around is just bad. It's disrespectful to players' time, it makes replaying content less appealing, and it makes group content even harder to do since you can get a lot more done *actually playing the game* in the time you'd be waiting around.

Status
Not open for further replies.