Lamannia Update 66 Preview 2 - Epic Destiny Refresh

Dergex

There is large portion of the community that doesnt want to have easy buttons, such as the overpwered AOE dragon breath and more importantly full group stacking healing auras that invalidate the challenge of 90% of the content in the game if not more.

Invalidating challenge means any useless tool of a player and group of players can finish content with zero or close to zero skill.

For people craving a challenge, new difficulty modes and challenges should be introduced. You shouldn't aim to beat everyone else into submission and force them into higher difficulty content. Coming up with a response of them just playing quests on Casual or Normal mode is a complete cop-out and even less valid than me telling people to play on higher reaper difficulty or to ask for even more difficult 11+ Reaper Skull content.

It is not enough to succeed. Others must fail.” ~Narc probably </s>

rabidfox

The People's Champion
All raids? How long until this happens?
Probably, I haven't tried them all but definitely in the raids the past few years. I don't recall the exact time; 45 seconds maybe? Long enough that in low skulls DPS will have typically killed trash long before then and in higher skulls the CC should have broken because of CC time per skull reduction.

The Narc

For people craving a challenge, new difficulty modes and challenges should be introduced. You shouldn't aim to beat everyone else into submission and force them into higher difficulty content. Coming up with a response of them just playing quests on Casual or Normal mode is a complete cop-out and even less valid than me telling people to play on higher reaper difficulty or to ask for even more difficult 11+ Reaper Skull content.

It is not enough to succeed. Others must fail.” ~Narc probably </s>
No but if people want to earn favor and ddo points elite should be a challenge for casual player, also for moderate hack players reaper should pose a risk and possible death dragon breath and certainly EA aura did too much to eliminate that threat, some thing still do but atleast its not available to all builds.

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

Sheikra

There is large portion of the community that doesnt want to have easy buttons, such as the overpwered AOE dragon breath and more importantly full group stacking healing auras that invalidate the challenge of 90% of the content in the game if not more.

Invalidating challenge means any useless tool of a player and group of players can finish content with zero or close to zero skill.

This is why these revisions have been made in this update, the best feature in DDO is the live action combat and i for one cant point blame at SSG for protecting that feature.

See @Sheikra another positive post!
Oh I saw, I am always watching...

Jk, but I may have been... slightly aggressive previously. My apologies.

(Also I decided to try out the PD guild that you have been posting about frequently -- let's see how bad I am at this game!)

The Narc

Oh I saw, I am always watching...

Jk, but I may have been... slightly aggressive previously. My apologies.

(Also I decided to try out the PD guild that you have been posting about frequently -- let's see how bad I am at this game!)
Lol i dont recall sending you an invite to get in the guild, currently have 17 members in the guild, guild name is “Extreme Mortal Voyage Permadeath”, you maybe in another guild that allows end game toons to run heroic quests, allows hirelings, allows loot farming. The permadeath guild i am suggesting runs a much more extreme ruleset.

Sheikra

Lol i dont recall sending you an invite to get in the guild, currently have 17 members in the guild, guild name is “Extreme Mortal Voyage Permadeath”, you maybe in another guild that allows end game toons to run heroic quests, allows hirelings, allows loot farming. The permadeath guild i am suggesting runs a much more extreme ruleset.
:O I thought it was Mortal Voyage Permadeath. I assumed the word "extreme" was just being used as an adjective, I did not realize it was actually part of the name.

Boy I feel silly. If you are still looking for players, let me know. I certainly love a good challenge (and rules).

If our prior animosity makes you to not want me to join, I understand.

Hobgoblin

:O I thought it was Mortal Voyage Permadeath. I assumed the word "extreme" was just being used as an adjective, I did not realize it was actually part of the name.

Boy I feel silly. If you are still looking for players, let me know. I certainly love a good challenge (and rules).

It's a trap!

Hobgoblin

I have done perma death guilds before and it is a completely different experience from normal. I can't do it all the time because it stresses me out but they are some good peeps there

Sheikra

I have done perma death guilds before and it is a completely different experience from normal. I can't do it all the time because it stresses me out but they are some good peeps there
The thing that gets on my nerves the most in games is the P2W people. Something tells me that is not a big part of the PD community, ergo it sounds like it should be more fun than the endgame community lol.

The Narc

No animosity i dont judge people, certainly not quickly and text never is a good spot to interpret exactly what people mean.

Guild only has a few starting requirements, you must start at 1st level first life, you must have a handle that all the guildies can recognize you by ie mine is narc, and you must have in game voice atleast to do your first introduction to guildies we wish to avoid grievers.

I will be on later tonight in about 4 to 5 hours. Pm me your toons name and I will look for you when i log in.

Vua

No animosity i dont judge people, certainly not quickly and text never is a good spot to interpret exactly what people mean.

Guild only has a few starting requirements, you must start at 1st level first life, you must have a handle that all the guildies can recognize you by ie mine is narc, and you must have in game voice atleast to do your first introduction to guildies we wish to avoid grievers.

I will be on later tonight in about 4 to 5 hours. Pm me your toons name and I will look for you when i log in.
And it was due and coming, with casuals completing raids on R1, hack moderate players running R4 at cap, hack streamer players building metas and running R6-R8 and the top echelon running R10 without batting an eye.

Lets be honest;

Casuals should struggle at best to run a quest on R1

Hack Moderate players should be facing imminent death in R4 and not be able to have a safety net of stacking/overlapping healing auras on every possible build and an area of effect epic strike that does 4 times damage.

Same for hack streamers using Metas with the same thing above for extra effectiveness.

And as for R10 anything and everything they do to make this neigh impossible should be their goal, zero crowd control and zero stripping and zero helplessness would all be great places to start for R10

The Narc

Wait so on these "extreme permadeath" guilds must you delete your character if you die?
You must at the very least leave the guild, i guess if you are strongly attached to the toon you can keep them and play them as non permadeath toons outside the guild.

VinoeWhines

Maybe the devs take your suggestion and make a permadeath epic destiny.

Perma Destiny Epic Moment:
You envelope yourself with all the glory of a Legendary Hero, for 20 seconds you are invulnerable to any damage, after that you are vulnerable to any hostile or friendly fire for 10 seconds. If your Health is reduced to less than your unconscious range, you are teleported to the Land of the Lost Souls where you must start your journey at Level 1.
You retain your gear and favor but are not rewarded a Past Life.
Tread Lightly, for the next five levels you will return on death.
No past life is rewarded in this state.
You must talk to the Fatespinner to purchase a potion through Fate Favor to reverse the effects after level five or you will go back one level at death each time your death occurs.

VinoeWhines

I'm not a fan of how Reaper has been setup completely. I understand they want to make it harder to complete but it's the way they go about it, that I'm not to keen on fully.
I think you should have your full power and utility and restoration but when entering Reaper I would rather they increase the toughness of the mobs. That way you build against, across the board numbers as they seem to be trying to restructure Dungeon Level Difficulty parameters.
Give the mobs more HP but not necessarily the End Boss as it seems to be balanced from that position.
For mobs the chance for them to respawn as undead is something that can be a part of Reaper as has been the norm but maybe it can be a standard part as oppose to being random.
If mobs die at first by an element or damage type maybe make them more resistant to that damage type on undead respawn.
Im not a fan of nerfing abilities but instead boosting mobs from those exploits instead.

This way non completionist/lower TR players don't get the brunt of the nerf bat, in non Reaper content. As their gap seems to be getting wider and wider vs Power Players.

Every Destiny should have a form of damage style, recovery and tactics/control against mobs.

Damage from distance should be less than damage from touch/swing range.
Dragon Breath is a semi touch swing distance and should do more damage at base value than a fireball. Same as Melee vs Range.
AOE range or spell should be able to affect more area of damage but be balanced verses closer combat. Single target range and spell should be higher than AOE range/spell damage.
Devs are trying to set up an adjustment toward this but I think they should revisit how they go about standardizing and really rebalance rules based on Lore of D&D.
Give each combat style a chance to specialize more in their choice of damage or recovery.

Removing the recalculated nerf in Reaper and boosting mobs would remove the extra processes and cycles when entering dungeons and free up performance parameters for the servers and having to recalculate Character Sheet/Abilities. The bottleneck would be less as just stats and abilities would be updated and not damage/heal nerfs.

Healing out of combat is a quality of life improvement.

Just a suggestion that might not be popular or even within current scope of direction but we would favor for the devs to give (if at current state)a differing thought process to what direction this game is heading towards.