Mystical Bands Do Not Exist in Game

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Mystical Bands was added the same time as IoD.

It's not an obvious drop because nobody has verified finding MB's, a few claims with no screenshots aside.

The loot table for the purple rares in IoD wilderness was "corrected" in U55.1. Not many people farm the purple rares because they're a PITA to find and then more bear than the average bear to take down.

Maybe Mystical Bands drop(s)(ped) in U55 and then was accidentally "corrected" in U55.1.

Maybe Mystical Bands drops at a very rare rate in just the purple rares chests. If it was a 1% drop rate we could easily just have not seen any significant drop rate yet given the locations.
I've been in several groups that just farmed the purple named rares looking for Black Pearls / Dinosaur Bone weapons - I can't have been the only person to do this, so the fact that nobody has ever seen one (I'm discounting oldkraft's post since they're pretty clearly not trustworthy) doesn't really track with this.

Br4d

I've been in several groups that just farmed the purple named rares looking for Black Pearls / Dinosaur Bone weapons - I can't have been the only person to do this, so the fact that nobody has ever seen one (I'm discounting oldkraft's post since they're pretty clearly not trustworthy) doesn't really track with this.

If it was a low drop rate you might have to kill 100's of the rares to get the drop.

Think Jibber's blade only 5% or less of the active farmers hitting the rares.

I actually agree that it is unlikely that this is the source however. MB's either drop from a ridiculously rare chest or they're not actually linked to anything in the game - thus achieving in the game but never found.

Arkat

Founder & Super Hero
Any chance they can be gotten in those crafting ingredient crates from low gold rolls?

I usually don't even open those, so I have no idea.

Br4d

Any chance they can be gotten in those crafting ingredient crates from low gold rolls?

Those drop 10x ingredients. I doubt Mystical Bands would be giving out 10 packs :)

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
If it was a low drop rate you might have to kill 100's of the rares to get the drop.

Think Jibber's blade only 5% or less of the active farmers hitting the rares.

I actually agree that it is unlikely that this is the source however. MB's either drop from a ridiculously rare chest or they're not actually linked to anything in the game - thus achieving in the game but never found.
Do also bear in mind that the data-mined description says Mystical Bands should be dropping as end rewards from quests, like the other Mystical Ingredients.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Mystical bands were added to the crafting recipe with u55 on Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022. After almost two years of players saying they've never seen one, it might be nice to get an official SSG response on their actual existence and ability to obtain them. A simple "oops, sorry, we messed up and they're not dropping/being rewarded, we'll fix that" or "you can get them here via doing XYZ" would do.

Valerianus

Former Captain Of The Rotten Shark

you mean stuff like this? https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Collectables_Variety_Crate

no chance i guess, also no chance to obtain any mystical ingredient from collectable nodes via that soonish-to-be vip perk about collectibles tokens.....cause mystical stuff is green bag material, not red. ingredients, not collectables.....sadly.

cursedblessedone

Trigger Me Elmo
Angeles+4+Wheel+Multi-Child+Stroller.jpg
Hey, Hey, We're the Monkeys!

Valerianus

Former Captain Of The Rotten Shark
g0GLv1W.jpeg

btw, here's the only thing we know about them, the tooltip of the crafting interface.

@Tonquin please....may we at least be told if it is a secret so supersecret that no one found out or if it is just bugged, or at least where it is supposed to drop? (like other mystical ingriedients, from a quest reward? which one?) please 😇

in exchange for this suggestion here's a hammer-themed suggestion for a nice trip or for inspiration for a ddo event....or both! hammer time!

:):):)

Last edited:
Reactions: dur

Br4d

It's not from the quests in the saga. Somebody would have pulled several by now if that was the case and a lot of people would have pulled one.

It's also not a saga reward because again there would be clear proof of existence if it was.

It's probably not a raid reward because again there would be clear proof of existence if it was.

What quests exist in IoD that are neither part of the saga or raid?

Part of the credibility problem here is that dinosaur bone crafting led a *lot* of people to farm this saga over and over again for the bones.

glass_jaws

All the quests in IOD are needed for the saga. Because the lore on the item says ferrocrystal, that infers feywild. Perhaps there is something in the introduction to IOD quest that we need to do for the bands.

Br4d

All the quests in IOD are needed for the saga. Because the lore on the item says ferrocrystal, that infers feywild. Perhaps there is something in the introduction to IOD quest that we need to do for the bands.

IOD intro quest is an interesting idea. I suspect that quest gets skipped in the saga by VIP's more often than others because of the cut scenes.

PersonMan

IOD intro quest is an interesting idea. I suspect that quest gets skipped in the saga by VIP's more often than others because of the cut scenes.
I always skipped the final due to the length of quest and time it takes to run there. (that and I ran it like 40 times when it came out to get the low kill numbers so I am quite done with it)
It could very well be meant to drop from the intro quest since Foxpaw seems to be broken and gives out ml1 gear.