Mystical Bands Do Not Exist in Game

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
I always skipped the final due to the length of quest and time it takes to run there. (that and I ran it like 40 times when it came out to get the low kill numbers so I am quite done with it)
It could very well be meant to drop from the intro quest since Foxpaw seems to be broken and gives out ml1 gear.
Now that's an idea...

(Doesn't Foxpaw refuse to drop anything at all on Legendary?)

Br4d

That would be worth asking in a QA if we get one.

"Is Foxpaw the Younger supposed to drop Mystical Bands and if not what is he supposed to drop in Legendary attempts?"

Again, I think this quest is probably skipped in Legendary saga runs by about 90% of the population because of the cut scenes and what they do to pots...

voenixa121

That would be worth asking in a QA if we get one.

"Is Foxpaw the Younger supposed to drop Mystical Bands and if not what is he supposed to drop in Legendary attempts?"

Again, I think this quest is probably skipped in Legendary saga runs by about 90% of the population because of the cut scenes and what they do to pots...
Wait, does that mean other people actually play the stone crypt chronicles? o_O

PurpleSerpent

Wait, does that mean other people actually play the stone crypt chronicles? o_O
Most of the Reaper chain runs I've been on do this one last, so anyone who doesn't care about completing the saga can drop out. We do still usually finish it though.
Most Reaper groups I've been in do also run this quest, but then again those players are usually at the level cap so XP pots running out isn't really a worry. I suspect this may chance when the level cap is raised.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Any chance they can be gotten in those crafting ingredient crates from low gold rolls?

I usually don't even open those, so I have no idea.
I haven't but it's not like they roll up all the time - although, I do roll on all servers. 🤷‍♀️

I definitely would not buy a level crate from Store. If they're like the other Mysticals, they have no level.

PurpleSerpent

is like two weapon specialty feat I can't find it in any place. It says Level 31, greater weapon style feat other than this one.
I might reword that section - what it actually means is you need one of Greater Single Weapon Fighting, Greater Two Handed Fighting or Greater Shield Mastery. (The "other than this one" bit means Greater Two Weapon Fighting doesn't count.)

(Edit: I have now edited the feats to properly list their prerequisite condition.)

Last edited:

Mesmerin

While the items was added in the update with IoD, the fact that they're made ferrocrystal makes me think feywild rather than IoD, but yeah, until a dev chimes in we're all just guessing at this point.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Maybe a post to Hey Tonquin thread.. I wouldn't wanna wade through some of these threads that explode with 99 replies in an hour or 4 either

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Coming up on a YEAR just for this thread. May 21 2023
Hmm.. IDK. IDK what to make of the degradation in DDO Customer Support, the LoTRO exp... the disparities.. the diff code for sure, right?

Well, I have hunches, but... n that's what they count on n get from me but.. I gotta say.. I'm worried after weapon weighting, then tumble.

Then there's the NOW USELESS Unholy Trap Parts, on top of MISSING Mystic Bands.. reverse mysticology. 2/1 odds they show up in DDO Store :p

Last edited:

Sylvanush

I might reword that section - what it actually means is you need one of Greater Single Weapon Fighting, Greater Two Handed Fighting or Greater Shield Mastery. (The "other than this one" bit means Greater Two Weapon Fighting doesn't count.)

(Edit: I have now edited the feats to properly list their prerequisite condition.)
Thanks for the information. I not really sure if is me but in game when I try to take the feat is like the feat don't exist, I can't find it anywhere to take it and I'm sure I have those prerequisite. Please if someone can help to confirm this. Really appreciated. Thanks.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
I memory serves the unholy trap parts are not just "NOW USELESS", they have never had a use.
I guess I'm thinking of Unholy ingredients from V1 Cannith crafting. Be nice if Unholy parts created Unholy Bottles of Evil!!

cdbd3rd

Forgot to post this a while back.

I did go thru my collectibles on a couple servers, including a couple OG characters from the cap 10 days. Found zero MBs.