The DPS chase is a failure in monster design...

Our need to chase DPS over everything in this game is really a consequence of poor monster design?

• Yes it's a failure in monster design.

• No, it isn't.

• Golden #1 rule is always in effect: Kill them before they can kill you.

• Everything in this game is a DPS race.

• Devs don't know how to make an encounter or fight that doesn't utilize massive DPS

• Just shutup and DPS.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Orchidblossomwasgutted

The OP often complains about not being able to solo stuff on melee; if they're not applying CC effects like cower/etc. and only chasing DPS instead of a mix of survival stats, CC, and DPS then it explains why they have issues. Even in raids only some people are on DPS duty, while others are filling in needed roles to let those DPS go to town.
No one wants to be a Glass Canon.

Purr

I think part of the problem is translating "things that would be neat in pnp" into multi-player online game design. DPS is just such a faster player experience than everyone farming portal and Harry beaters and an anarchic weapon for von 3 OR everyone hanging from a ladder while one guy shoots the laser.

Pano

I would like to see more movement and tactical gameplay involved in our fights.

Idea: Maybe for a particular monster you need to stay right in front of it to avoid massive damage, like it's blind if you stand right in front of it's head.

ce7a933d7a7992afad646743c7381e7f2d83502d.gif
I am already dying to LAG enough. I dont need another need for precise and quick positioning - I cannot even climb ladders normally, let alone position myself perfectly in a group of moving monsters