Update 61.1 Release Notes

lppmor

I'm having a lot of fun with Archmage since the buffs. Thanks.

@Cordovan Any reason to still not allow Arcane Bolt/Blast to be Enlarged? (maybe you guys can't make the projectile to fly longer, etc)
Otherwise, it's a pretty obvious change to come next patch, right? ;)

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I so want to know if the "stuff in the 2nd chest" talked about on lam is just the new crafting mats or is there more named items we should be after. I really don't want to be wasting time looking for a super secret optional chest with more named items that may or may not exist.

Cmecu

Vecna Unleashed Artifacts are now properly Bound to Character.

You all really need to get rid of this system of BTC items. It contributes to Character bank space clutter. There is no reason what so ever to not be able to move any item from one character to another. No items, nothing. Everything BTA.

DDObot

Vecna Unleashed Artifacts are now properly Bound to Character.

You all really need to get rid of this system of BTC items. It contributes to Character bank space clutter. There is no reason what so ever to not be able to move any item from one character to another. No items, nothing. Everything BTA.
wish of inheritance exists, thats why =(

Smokewolf

@Cordovan
Bug Report: Archmages "Arcane Bolt" is showing the wrong cooldown at tier 3. It should be "5" seconds, but I'm seeing "15" on the hot bar as it ticks down.

Keep in mind that I haven't tried Arcane Blast yet due to being only level 11, but I can guess that the cool down will likely have the same issue.

Side Note: I agree with lppmor that Arcane Bolt / Blast should allow for Enlarged metamagic. Furthermore the Blast impact radius is pretty small with regard to similar AoE's. My guesstimation is that the radius is about 30-40% smaller than a traditional fireball. Would be great if Blast were adjusted to be in-line with other spells of similar type.

Thank you in advance!

Edit: I discovered what's wrong after a little more experimentation. Apparently after taking the next tier of Arcane Bolt or Blast, ,the player MUST remove the SLA icon from their hot bar and reapply it for it to function correctly.

-Smoke

Last edited:

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
@Cordovan
Bug Report: Archmages "Arcane Bolt" is showing the wrong cooldown at tier 3. It should be "5" seconds, but I'm seeing "15" on the hot bar as it ticks down.

Keep in mind that I haven't tried Arcane Blast yet due to being only level 11, but I can guess that the cool down will likely have the same issue.
Did you replace Arcane Bolt on your hotbar with the next rank's version? It doesn't update automatically.

Lazuli

I can't imagine wish of inheritences sell THAT well. Plus, I think that if things were btc on equip, people would buy a lot more astral shards.
Well, I support your first part of the statement. I absolutely hate the idea of more btc items, so NO to btc on equip. Yes to bta on equip.

Btc bad. Btc evil. Btc collapses our already collapsed TR caches: I have NO room for more btc items. Btc is bane for alts.

Mesmerin

Edit: I discovered what's wrong after a little more experimentation. Apparently after taking the next tier of Arcane Bolt or Blast, ,the player MUST remove the SLA icon from their hot bar and reapply it for it to function correctly.

-Smoke

That's the same for all SLA's that have multiple tiers, not just the ones in the archmage tree.

MNDeveloper

Finally figured out what:

Increase universal to match 1 mp/rp = 3 universal.

Ment in the release notes. The Versatile Adept line when from

+1/2/3 Melee and Ranged Power, +1/2/3 Universal Spell Power
to
+1/2/2 Melee and Ranged Power, +3/6/9 Universal Spell Power

With the Tier 5 going from

+2/4/6 Melee and Ranged Power, +2/4/6 Universal Spell Power
to
+2/4/6 Melee and Ranged Power, +6/12/18 Universal Spell Power

However, I not sure if it is just a display bug, or a change, because the third rank of each no longer increases to +3 Melee and Ranged Power (as noted above), but it used to.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
Finally figured out what:

Increase universal to match 1 mp/rp = 3 universal.

Ment in the release notes. The Versatile Adept line when from

+1/2/3 Melee and Ranged Power, +1/2/3 Universal Spell Power
to
+1/2/2 Melee and Ranged Power, +3/6/9 Universal Spell Power

With the Tier 5 going from

+2/4/6 Melee and Ranged Power, +2/4/6 Universal Spell Power
to
+2/4/6 Melee and Ranged Power, +6/12/18 Universal Spell Power

However, I not sure if it is just a display bug, or a change, because the third rank of each no longer increases to +3 Melee and Ranged Power (as noted above), but it used to.
It's a tooltip typo, Versatile Adept I/II/III all correctly grant +1/2/3 Melee and Ranged Power & +1/2/3 Universal Spell Power. It's just the rank 3 tooltip of each one being wrong (incorrectly states +2 Melee and Ranged Power, should be be +3).

Cmecu

I guess they dont want to listen to the player base about BTC. Wish they would understand that BTC is something that doesnt need to exist in this game, or any game really.
Especially this game where bank space is not being fixed. They sell more bank space for ridiculous amounts of money. Weigh the scale... small amount of people buying wish of inheritance vs.. more players coming back getting subs, buying shards , buying ddo points..

What is even more infuriating is how the community has been talking about bank space issues for a very long time, and nothing but crickets from SSG. That to me is a complete lack of respect to the DDO community. They could Address and talk about what they are doing to help fix it. Their silence is deafening.

Last edited:

Shear-buckler

• Battle Engineer
  • The Critical Multiplier in Core 20 moves to Core 12.

That is cool but you really need to throw the capstone a bone now. I suggest 2 imbue dice and 40 electric spell power to better keep up with EK (which has 4 more imbues and 100+ more spellpower).

• Dark Apostate
  • Imbue dice moved to 1d8 to match other Spell Power scaling imbues.

Thundershock Imbue in Battle Engineer needs the same treatment or it can never be an alternative to EK for an imbue build. Being locked to one element is bad enough.

Quick imbue math:

EK has 4 more imbues, 100 more spell power and 1d8. Lets assume a total of 34 imbues and 800 spell power for the EK.

EK average imbue damage: 34*4,5(1+800/100)=1377
BE average imbue damage: 30*3,5(1+700/100)=840

1377/840=1,64. EK deals 64% more imbue damage than BE under these assumptions.

Sure they do not have to be exactly equal as both builds differs in other ways, but this is a core component of the builds and when they differ this much is it impossible to balance them. I.E If the EK damage is fine the BE damage is far too low or if the BE damage is fine the EK damage is far too high.

With the capstone suggestion and a bump to 1d8 BE would much more in line with EK:
BE average imbue damage: 32*4,5(1+740/100)=1210

Last edited:

JaynChar2019

Please fix collars. I get several loot options for collars for my iron defender and i get none of the bonus damage. Elemental, Bane, Alignment... nothing. Why have collars if they do nothing?
Supposed to give it to your dog, but I know augments do absolutely nothing for them when added so why are they even there?

BIGtsfp

Supposed to give it to your dog, but I know augments do absolutely nothing for them when added so why are they even there?
the collar is on my dog. he attacks and does just regular damage no added affects. i also noticed that he doesn't auto attack he only attacks when his trip and sunder are up.

JaynChar2019

the collar is on my dog. he attacks and does just regular damage no added affects. i also noticed that he doesn't auto attack he only attacks when his trip and sunder are up.
Yeah I noticed things were wrong with augments when I added strength augments and such. But it could definitely be even more. I do see their fort stats go up at least. I have also noticed they are way more on auto attack at early levels then seem to just stand around at higher levels, right around the time they change from the smaller dog to the larger one. Could be a problem with coding on the larger dog but I am just guessing here.