Update 64+ Preview 1 Feedback: Cat'Astrophe Loot

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelStar

Senior Systems Designer
In this Preview, there is loot for the Update 65 Cat'Astrophe dungeon. Find it in the Test Dojo, and feel free to talk about it here!

(If you're looking to talk about the U64 Chronoscope loot also in this Preview, use this thread instead!)

Known Issues:

• Icons are placeholder for some of these items. (They aren't rings, despite some looking like rings).
  • The Thrown weapon (Ball o' Yarn) in this dungeon isn't firing correctly. Instead, it's firing hilariously.

Last edited:

Ying

5000+ hours played
U65 Legendary loot (each of these has an ML4 version as well):

u65_crochet.png
u65_dart.png

u65_liar.png
u65_ring_transmutation.png

u65_scale_bracers.png
u65_thief.png

u65_scarlet_scalemail.png

CBDunk

Love the ball of yarn, and nice that the effects appear on another weapon type also.

Other items have decent / consistent stats for their level, and thus will likely find use in some builds. However, the usual 'no set bonus' problem will prevent them from being popular with those looking for optimal gear sets.

Matuse

Love the ball of yarn, and nice that the effects appear on another weapon type also.

Other items have decent / consistent stats for their level, and thus will likely find use in some builds. However, the usual 'no set bonus' problem will prevent them from being popular with those looking for optimal gear sets.
They've all got a colorless slot for the set augments, including some fairly decent ones in new Chrono. I do wish that the set augments would be reduced down to needing 2. Finding 3 slots for that is kind of rough.

QuantumFX

EDIT: NOOOO!!!!! I got pulled into a topic that's in the wrong thread! So, to remedy this:

Suggestion: This quest needs a couple daggers that forma Yarn Needle set.
They've all got a colorless slot for the set augments, including some fairly decent ones in new Chrono. I do wish that the set augments would be reduced down to needing 2. Finding 3 slots for that is kind of rough.
I'd love it if they just made it where you could equip any 3 to form a set bonus. As an extra bonus they could add in a feature that removes *all* your set bonuses if you try to equip a 4th item.

Last edited:

saekee

long live ROGUE
Liar’s Fingers: I suggest that Seeker on that item be insightful or quality. Standard seeker boost is common and craftable on IoD

droid327

Set augments are not a substitute for proper set gear, especially in the armor slot. They're for that last stat that your main and secondary sets don't cover

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
- The DC of 35 on Entagling Yarn (heroic Ball o' Yarn/Crochet Crusher) seems absurdly high for a level 4 item. Every single other item effect in that level range has a DC of around ~18. Just take a look at Slowburst, found on the same items, with its DC of 15.

- Heroic Ball o' Yarn & Crochet Crusher erroneously make mention of "Caster Level: 3" in their descriptions (it is due to Slowburst). This is true for all items with Slowburst or Improved Slowburst.

- Crochet Crusher H/L is missing its flavor text.

- Very low ML items (ML5 and below) have up until now only had regular Deception, never Improved Deception. Liar's Fingers in this preview has Improved Deception +7, which would signal that the plain "Deception" effect (the "chance to make enemies vulnerable to sneak attack" one, not the one that adds dmg) is deprecated (which is good, cause now there will be no confusion between the 2 Deception types). Just a heads up.

- Bracers/Trinket/Boots/Gloves items need icons.

Thank you.

Spook

Set augments are not a substitute for proper set gear, especially in the armor slot. They're for that last stat that your main and secondary sets don't cover
This. 3 items for 1 set bonus is not efficient gearing. Its usually for BiS items or mandatory* effects that dont exist in a set

*from the perspective of a min/maxer.

Scrag

This. 3 items for 1 set bonus is not efficient gearing. Its usually for BiS items or mandatory* effects that dont exist in a set

*from the perspective of a min/maxer.
3 colorless slots for gear to get 3 imbue dice is horrible. I dont have 3 pieces of gear with zero set bonuses. In fact, I don't think I have ANY gear that doesn't have a set bonus.

I am all about that ball of yarn though...

Vecna is still the best roll-your-own set mechanic I have seen. Love vecna gear.

Matuse

I never said they were a substitute, but there's a decent chunk of items out there that aren't from expansions that aren't a part of a set but have otherwise good stats, and the set augments let them be a gap filler set anyway. It's not ideal, but it's also not nothing. I'd like it if the set augments only needed 2 pieces. I'd like it if the set augments came with the ability to plug in an existing set to a different item, like put in a particular augment and it changes a pair of boots to be Part Of The Family.

droid327

I'd like it if the set augments came with the ability to plug in an existing set to a different item, like put in a particular augment and it changes a pair of boots to be Part Of The Family.

LOL so would everyone, but that'd be way OP. Slot restrictions, particularly Armor slot requirements to complete a set, are the main way sets are balanced against each other, and become tradeoffs instead of being able to slot it all. Except slots that are designed to be more flexible or choose-your-own...but even then, no set yet offers full 14-slot functionality

Matuse

LOL so would everyone, but that'd be way OP. Slot restrictions, particularly Armor slot requirements to complete a set, are the main way sets are balanced against each other, and become tradeoffs instead of being able to slot it all. Except slots that are designed to be more flexible or choose-your-own...but even then, no set yet offers full 14-slot functionality
Yes, the slot restrictions on armor are likely the main reason they don't do it.

frieendly

Gear is cool
As an aside would love to see more 3pc sets like sora katra/perfected wrath where you can get a large amount of general stats while using ring/ring/gloves or gloves/trinket/ring and still make use of another specific 3pc helm/armor/cloak and a profane 5pc

frieendly

Yeah low-key making the set augments only require 2 would make them a lot easier to justify in the current tetris there benefit is rlly comparable to sands/von/fens sets not the 3pc sharn/vecna/iod or even perfected wrath sets I could see spell dcs 10% max health and Maybe a couple others being really strong but don't think it would be game breaking as they are only 1 Stat and they are raid items so they should be strong really think you guys should do this because it would give the intended effect of the set augments allowing non set gear to be competitive in the gear tetris and essentially making item sets hugely more varried and customizable and friendly for all types of builds but as it stands unless the 1 Stat is insanely over powered then 3 item slots will usually pose to great an opportunity cost to be worth it I truly think 2 item slots for artifact of a important Stat is fair and would have many positive add on implications to the gear landscape

Status
Not open for further replies.